Program can't find app!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I emailed a program, to which they responded that they cannot find my application in their ERAS, after searching by several different methods. I applied to this program at the beginning of the season, and according to my ERAS, they downloaded my materials the next day. I have checked, double-checked, and triple-checked that my ERAS does indeed state this, and that it is the correct program.

They said they would talk to their ERAS administrator about it, and I emailed ERAS, but knowing what I've heard of ERAS support I'm not sure how much help to expect.

Anyone ever heard of this happening?? Very scary since I, and others, have no way of knowing whether programs truly have access to our applications!:scared:

If I hadn't happened to have emailed them, and they hadn't notified me in return, I just never would have heard from them and would have assumed I was rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you serious??? OMG--that is scary...let us know what ERAS says, ok? good luck!

why'd you email the program in the first place? to ask if they'd reviewed your app? doesn't sound like a good idea...

sorry, i didn't realize your PM was about this thread. i've never heard of people contacting programs to check the status of their application before they've been invited to an interview.

i would think programs would just get annoyed by this.

sorry, i didn't realize your PM was about this thread. i've never heard of people contacting programs to check the status of their application before they've been invited to an interview.

i would think programs would just get annoyed by this.

As I explained to you in my PM, I wasn't checking on the status of my application.

Problem solved. Program is not offering advanced positions, only categorical, despite ERAS showing them as available.

Problem solved. Program is not offering advanced positions, only categorical, despite ERAS showing them as available.

So...wait...the program did get the app?
weeeeeeeirrrrrrrrrd

So...wait...the program did get the app?
weeeeeeeirrrrrrrrrd

Well, apparently any applications that were submitted under Advanced were not seen by the program - either because they were viewing only Categorical, or they were just not available to them. There is another program in this specialty that also was listed as having Advanced positions in ERAS but only had Categorical, and they still were able to access our applications and informed us that they were now Categorical.