Pulm/CC Fellowship Application 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all,
Just wondering if you have heard anything from your programs yet? Just curious. It would be nice to have verification that I wasn't dreaming and I actually matched!!
:D

Nope. Nothing. I am going to look into their licensing application/process next month when I have more time. Get that out of the way.

Members don't see this ad.

They will pay for licensing right??

Are you going to just get licensed on your own and then have them reimburse you or not worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
They will pay for licensing right??

Are you going to just get licensed on your own and then have them reimburse you or not worry about it.

I don't expect them to pay for the licensing. It's the drawbacks to going to a bigger name academic program, the more they think they are doing you the favor, less perks they offer to entice people to go there.

Oh Ok. Well then I will start working on it. The NC board said it could take 4-6 months if I want a license to start in July since all the residents/fellows starting need to be licensed. The only problem is that if you pay too early you are going to have to renew and pay again sooner and you won't have even used the damn license!!!

Oh Well:rolleyes:

Anyone get any correspondence fro the program they matched at? Just curious. Starting to get paranoid like maybe matching was just a dream and i really am unemployed next year.

I contacted the Program Coordinator and she said to expect the letter in January.. So, took a chill pill for now.. Also, It doesn't hurt to ask the program that you matched into as what the next steps are..

Anyone get any correspondence fro the program they matched at? Just curious. Starting to get paranoid like maybe matching was just a dream and i really am unemployed next year.

What date do fellowships usually start? My IM program ends on June 22,2011. I was just wondering so, i can anticipate and prepare for the move/leases etc..

Good Question!!

I would like to know too. Still don't wanna look psycho and call Program coordinator so just patiently waiting. Although I will need to know soon because I would like to secure some plane tix to look for housing in the spring.

Hi - Do we have to get the DEA number for Fellowship? I don't want to spend another $500 to get a DEA number :(

if you've already paid for a DEA, you can just transfer it to the state you move to.

Some DEA is always required. Some programs can take candidates under their institutional DEA, while others need you to have your own DEA, if not at the beginning, after say 18 months into the fellowship. Ask your coordinator about the institutional policies.