pup pup question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

toothcaries

my 10 month old dog has what i believe to be a growth due to a doggie papilloma virus under her lip...right above the dewlap thingie..
(she is a mastiff breed)

anyways...
should i wait for her immune system to take care of it?
....or should i go ahead and remove it.

...or..do something else?

thanks.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

First of all I would suggest that you have a vet check her out to make sure that it actually is papilloma. If you are sure that it is papilloma, the warts should disappear on their own in 4-12 weeks. I wouldn't worry about removing it unless it starts causing problems or if they are still present after 12 weeks.

thanks for the reply.
if she were human i'd be pretty sure it is squamous papilloma.
pedunculated, soft, exophytic nodule with cauliflower appearance.
..grew very rapidly at first...with no change in size of late.

i emailed one of our path instructors an image..
we'll see.

Members don't see this ad :)
In a similar vein, my unicorn has a pimple on her rump. Can I pop it?

There are rules about unicorn medicine.

Unicorn pimples have glitter in them that cures cancer, so you have to do it very carefully and you have to collect all the unicorn pimple glitter in a sterile manner. If you don't do this, or if you contaminate the glitter, you will be prosecuted... the sentence is usually death via dragon farts.

Reactions: 8 users
There are rules about unicorn medicine.

Unicorn pimples have glitter in them that cures cancer, so you have to do it very carefully and you have to collect all the unicorn pimple glitter in a sterile manner. If you don't do this, or if you contaminate the glitter, you will be prosecuted... the sentence is usually death via dragon farts.
Hmm well I read a paper that seemed to indicate the efficacy of the pimple glitter in cancer cures was largely anecdotal and not proven by any actual scientific studies...I also don't think the fart method is employed any longer in cases of magical creature medial malfeasance, at least not in my extensive experience.

Reactions: 3 users
Hmm well I read a paper that seemed to indicate the efficacy of the pimple glitter in cancer cures was largely anecdotal and not proven by any actual scientific studies...I also don't think the fart method is employed any longer in cases of magical creature medial malfeasance, at least not in my extensive experience.

Do NOT question my authority! I am currently the only person trained in unicorn medicine and dragon medicine. I know both of their behaviors, physiology and medical care better than anyone!

If you want answers, I wrote a book about ALL of it! Which you can buy, for $250.99.

These darn "traditional" unicorn/dragon "doctors"... using "evidence"... they wouldn't even know what a dragon looks like, they are all just in it for the money...

Reactions: 4 users
WZ (and other unicorn owners), you can direct your questions to me if you don't want to pay for the book. I've spent years learning from Dr. Google and I'm an unofficial expert in unicorn and dragon medicine. My specialty is educating dragon owners on how to closely mimic the diet of a wild dragon without harming any villages or princesses.

Don't underestimate the powers of the internet! I know all!! :prof: And I do too have dragon experience. I watched those two documentaries on dragon training. You know the ones, Part 2 came out last summer I think, and it was filmed in a historically accurate Viking village.

Reactions: 2 users
Who are you going to trust? The person with all the dragon oriented rotations in their signature and actually has exposure to dragons? Or the one who reads the internet?
How do I know that your dragon training is legitimate? I mean, at least I know that Google never lies...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How do I know that your dragon training is legitimate? I mean, at least I know that Google never lies...

Look at my location! I am at the Dragon School!!! Where else can you get good, adequate training? That doesn't have the opinions of people on the interwebs???

Don't underestimate the powers of the internet! I know all!! :prof: And I do too have dragon experience. I watched those two documentaries on dragon training. You know the ones, Part 2 came out last summer I think, and it was filmed in a historically accurate Viking village.

Have you ever touched a dragon?

What should you do if a dragon is being overpowered by another dragon? Huh? How are you going to save it?

Have you found a female night fury? I have.

Have you ever touched a dragon?

What should you do if a dragon is being overpowered by another dragon? Huh? How are you going to save it?

Have you found a female night fury? I have.
mumble mumble google mumble I thought female night furies didn't exist mumble mumble...

Yeah but that doesn't mean you know anything about unicorns :yeahright:

Unicorns are necessary for the dragons to live... without unicorns there would be no dragons. I am not surprised that you don't know this, because you have not read my book, which explains everything!

Yeah but that doesn't mean you know anything about unicorns :yeahright:
Aha! That is where I'll make my money! I mean, that is where I'll kindly share the information I've collected with no thought for money. :shifty:

Isn't it true if i feed my dragon raw unicorn meat it will never have any seizures, or get cancer, or really ever be sick I believe?

Reactions: 2 users
Unicorns are necessary for the dragons to live... without unicorns there would be no dragons. I am not surprised that you don't know this, because you have not read my book, which explains everything!

Typical professor...

Isn't it true if i feed my dragon raw unicorn meat it will never have any seizures, or get cancer, or really ever be sick I believe?
Hey! It is cruel to feed unicorns to dragons! Unicorn lives matter too, ya know. And your dragon can live perfectly well on a vegetarian diet.

But the guy at the pet store taught me about evolution. My dragon has evolved to eat an over the counter vegan, grain free, dairy free, organic diet. It's primarily bean based and his fire really burnssssss
yeah, but we all know you should only take advice from dragon breeders, not pet store guys

There I was, just an innocent pre-vet student, curious to see what the overall stance on raw feeding was on SDN.

Typed "raw feeding" into the search bar....

...was not disappointed.

Reactions: 9 users
This was wild from start to finish.

Reactions: 1 users
Dammit i missed a perfect opportunity for this gif
Gandalf.gif

Me: why do I have so many notifications?

Me: Huh? What is pup pup question and what did I post in there that everyone is liking now, I don't remember anything about posting in pup pup question.

Me re-reading: Still don't remember this thread, but tis funny.

Reactions: 6 users
This reminds me, I've recently gotten into unicorn racing but have been struggling with dragons flying overhead and picking off my slower unicorns. While I appreciate that the dragons are improving my overall win percentages by picking off my poor performers, I am still annoyed by this. Should I get my unicorns a guard wizard? I know they need regular beard grooming but they're mean and can shoot lightning at the problem dragons to protect my herd.

I would buy a decoy princess, but the cost to build the tower is a bit above my price range right now.

Reactions: 1 users
This reminds me, I've recently gotten into unicorn racing but have been struggling with dragons flying overhead and picking off my slower unicorns. While I appreciate that the dragons are improving my overall win percentages by picking off my poor performers, I am still annoyed by this. Should I get my unicorns a guard wizard? I know they need regular beard grooming but they're mean and can shoot lightning at the problem dragons to protect my herd.

I would buy a decoy princess, but the cost to build the tower is a bit above my price range right now.
Yes

Actually the best thing to do is to find a dragon egg, hatch it, and have the dragon imprint on you. It will see you as its mother. You can then raise it with the unicorns, and it will protect them from the other dragons.

In the short term, the wizard may be helpful, but dragons are magical beings themselves, and they are proud. Being defeated in combat by one of their own kind is less likely to send them into a frenzied unicorn killing rage than being defeated by a bearded human with a wooden stick.

SDN is not for medical/veterinary advice. Please make an appointment with your veterinarian ASAP to discuss these options

Reactions: 8 users

Have you checked your poor performers for a sparkle deficiency? Sometimes they need sparkle supplements to keep them at peak performance. Most commercially prepared unicorn diets are low in sparkles.

Reactions: 3 users