Purdue vs MSU vs Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

truffleshuffle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there's been a lot of these threads popping up lately do please bear with me. I know I'm really fortunate to be in this position of having schools to choose from but I'm having a really hard time deciding because there are definite things I love about each of these schools. I did a forum search and found that one forum with the pros and cons listed for a lot of schools but I couldnt find much on these schools. I was hoping current vet students could help me out just maybe with pros and cons for any of these schools?

I'm OOS at all of them so the cost difference is not going to be huge in terms of tuition. I interested in equine medicine, possibly mixed with small animal. Any input would be awesome!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

sorry i should have been more specific.. MSU = michigan state. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you go to the Welcome Day yet?
MSU has the McPhail equine performance center, which is a building in the vet school complex. I think it's used for equine motion analysis- so lameness and stuff. Also used for research purposes. Supposedly it's really neat to see it action.
MSU also has the Pegasus Critical Care hospital for equine EM in the vet school complex.

Another clarification question. Do you mean Western College of Veterinary Medicine is Saskatchewan or Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona? If it's the latter, and you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer.