Question About Current Research on Male Pattern Baldness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychMajorUndergrad18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Awesome Dermatology People,

Usually I am lurking around the psych forums but I thought I'd venture over to the derm side for these questions about current research on Male pattern baldness. I was just diagnosed at the tender (and fairly young) age of 19 with hair loss/hair thinning that my dermatologist says is signs of male pattern baldness. It is very depressing to hear this when I am almost 20 years old but I am trying to have a great mindset going into this and would like to find some good sources to start reading about male baldness research. So here are my questions:

1) What are some good journals that have conducted research on male pattern baldness?
2) Has there been research done on alternate medication for male pattern baldness other than Rogaine and Proscar?
3) This is kind of a more personal question; do you all think its too early for me to be worrying about treatment or do you all think its a better idea to start treatment as early as possible? (PS: I know you all aren't allowed to give medical advice but if you all could give your opinions I would really appreciate it and if you all cant then I understand ;))

- PsychMajorUndergrad18

Members don't see this ad.

In before the lock!

It's the simple things in life that bring me joy

1. Pubmed
2. Pubmed
3. If anything, you're too late my tender friend. Every follicle is a little miracle from god and once the devil gets it, it's gone.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry, it smells like a request for medical advice so I'm going to treat it as such. Closing.

As others have recommended, try Pubmed or your friendly neighborhood dermatologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.