question about DO taking MD residency route

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purity708

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, I have a question.
IF DOs take USMLE for taking MD residency route, would they be
able to have same training, same kind of work as MD physician? for instance, if DO physician work in ER, does he do same kind of work as MDs??
Please let me know.. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

able to have same training, same kind of work as MD physician? for instance, if DO physician work in ER, does he do same kind of work as MDs??

Not sure if serious..

If so, yes, and not necessarily the USMLE is needed.

Troll in the dungeon.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
No, of course not. You'll be a petty DO. Why would a mighty MD allow you to do anything but bring him/her coffee? Even that you may screw up.

No, of course not. You'll be a petty DO. Why would a mighty MD allow you to do anything but bring him/her coffee? Even that you may screw up.

honestly I was just hoping the person was extremely ignorant, but I guess I just had way to high of hopes.

A DO in an MD residency gets the same training as an MD would... because it's the same friggin' residency program. That makes perfect sense, doesn't it.

If a DO does a DO residency, expert level Mage. If a DO does a MD residency, he becomes a master in light armor. If they do an ER residency specifically though, they also get a +50 alchemy boost. So as you can see, it really depends on your own preferences.

Or you could search and find the answer to a question that's been answered 1 x 10^7 times.

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

:D I have a feeling that post is going to become the new "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Sent from my HTC Glacier using SDN Mobile

Same stuff.
Really the only problem is getting into really really top academic residencies.

When in doubt, go Caribbean.

Cool story bro, would read again.

Misc?

Members don't see this ad :)
seriously, what a lazy question.

DO's are all subjected to a life of being looked down on by ALL MD's. A DO in an ACGME residency is not only rare, but they are also forced to moonlight as janitors to earn their right to practice medicine. Once out of residency they only make a fraction of the salary an MD would make and are constantly ridiculed by their patients.....horrible career path.

Use the search button btw.

If a DO does a DO residency, expert level Mage. If a DO does a MD residency, he becomes a master in light armor. If they do an ER residency specifically though, they also get a +50 alchemy boost. So as you can see, it really depends on your own preferences.

Or you could search and find the answer to a question that's been answered 1 x 10^7 times.

too much WOW?

Onto more important topics...

weird-animals.jpg

Discuss.

I was commenting on the picture of a turtle with two heads. (obviously fake but still.)

I believe that's what DolFAN is referring to as well.

And no, it's not fake. These deformities happen all the time.

I believe that's what DolFAN is referring to as well.

And no, it's not fake. These deformities happen all the time.

Exactly...I was....my question still stands...where does the **** come from!?!?!?

if a do does a do residency, expert level mage. If a do does a md residency, he becomes a master in light armor. If they do an er residency specifically though, they also get a +50 alchemy boost. So as you can see, it really depends on your own preferences.

+1