Question about Mail Order Pharmacies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissPharmacist1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What states require you to have a pharmacist licensed in that state in order to ship there? I know the laws are changing a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much all of them. You need to look at each state's laws individually.

Could you name the states that you had to take a test? I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any law updates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could you name the states that you had to take a test? I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any law updates.
No. I don't work mail order but I've taken enough MPJEs to know you usually need a pharmacist licensed in that state to ship there. The onus is on you to research each state before shipping.

Reactions: 1 user
I just want to make sure I haven't missed any states. Any mail order pharmacists out there?

No. I don't work mail order but I've taken enough MPJEs to know you usually need a pharmacist licensed in that state to ship there. The onus is on you to research each state before shipping.

Did you take Florida's? How dificult was it?

Could you please list the 17 states? Florida was one of the harder exams I've taken, but they don't require you to have a license to ship there.

AL, AR, ID, NE, MA, MI, LA, VA, WV, TX, OK, MD, KY, TN, MS, OR, one more, I forget

That means the state where the pharmacy is located, not Florida.