Question about USMLEworld...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

APDoc

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have to finish every question in every section before you can go back and repeat all the questions without repeats? I ask this because I tried to go back through the ped's questions after I finished them once, but they kept giving me repeat questions when all I wanted to do was get through the 230-some questions each one more time. How do you prevent this from happening? I just want to go through each question one more time again, that's all. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

APDoc said:
Do you have to finish every question in every section before you can go back and repeat all the questions without repeats? I ask this because I tried to go back through the ped's questions after I finished them once, but they kept giving me repeat questions when all I wanted to do was get through the 230-some questions each one more time. How do you prevent this from happening? I just want to go through each question one more time again, that's all. Thanks in advance!

This is impossible. The programs (Kaplan as well) are written so that questions are classified as one of two types: used or unused. Once they are used, if you choose to go through used questions again, the program randomly chooses among the used questions. The program does not differentiate between questions that are, for example, used once versus used three times. It is very frustrating for the student, but by doing this, it makes it more difficult for students to share a single subscription, which benefits the manufacturer.

but why do people say they "went through USMLEworld twice?" Based on what you're telling me, it's not even possible. I think that's a pretty crappy policy by the companies if you can't repeat through the questions again. Oh well... back to studying.