Question for texas applicants about letter of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanali

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering does anyone knows when the profes. write the letter of rec for you, do they still need to fill out the health profession evaluation form? Or is filling out the form is good enough? Also, I'm still deciding on whether or not I will be applying for 2007 cycle, and would like to ask my organic chem professor to write the letter of rec for me before he retires.. but what if I decided not to apply this may.. can I still use the letter for next year application process? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The professor will still have to fill out the health profession evaluation form (this counts as your matching letter and review thing) and then write the letter. If you want, you can ask your prof to make some copies of the LOR for you and you can keep the sealed envelopes till next year.

are you going through your HPO? Professors need to attach letter of rec to HPO eval form and I strongly advise you utilize your HPO. Texas schools are very partial to letters submitted through the healt professions office.

Also, have your orgo prof write it now while he still remembers you, then submit it next year. Letters stay good for two application cycles.