Question to PCO students

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t.s

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering about the time line for the PCO program---more specifically, do we get the summer off after first year? If anyone could let me know, that would be great!

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure what you mean by time line...First summer you have to do a 160 hour externship in either june or july. You can go home for it. And you take an online course which I heard is really easy. Then your right back here first of august :eek:

For first years this year- last exam May 20, "off" until first week of August, except for the 160-hour externship (can do anywhere) and an online course.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Tw_OD and ODtobe for the quick replies---truly appreciated!

when does school usually start?

aug 1st? i thought it was late aug

KwijiboOO said:
when does school usually start?

aug 1st? i thought it was late aug
Late August

First years: late August
Second years: Aug 1st
Third years: no summer break

ODtobe said:
First years: late August
Second years: Aug 1st
Third years: no summer break

any particular part of the month? I might be out of the country till the 19th of august

KwijiboOO said:
any particular part of the month? I might be out of the country till the 19th of august
You should have no problem. I believe u got the apartment, roomate, etc. Or else u are screwed

Anyone living in Wyncote? =)

I know this is a verrrry old thread... But I wanted to know if PCO still does the summer externship after 1st year? Also, can this externship be done anywhere even internationally? If any current PCO students could answer, that would be great!

anyone in the scholars program? im interviewing and and wanting to know more info about it/if its doable

I am a current Salus student. There is still the first year clerkship (That's what we call it.) in the summer after the first year. It can be done anywhere. Most students go home to do it. If you would like to do it internationally, I believe you can. I'll have to ask administration about it.
Also I have friends in the scholars program. The class size is small but the curriculum is rigorous. My friends are doing well. I will admit that you will have to dedicate a lot of time to your studies, but it is doable

The break is more along the lines of 3-4 weeks. We come back in July for a short summer term and have a week break between summer and fall classes.