Questions about MOSDOH At. Still rotations for d3/4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dqn17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about how the d3 and d4 students have to do their rotations for third year. I know they have to move to St. Louis but do they get housing expenses paid for or how does that work?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm currently a D3 at MOSDOH so I hope I can provide a little insight for you. Yes, we moved to St. Louis in May after our D2 year. I'm sure you know that most dental students live off of loans. That being said, the amount of loan money we receive for living expenses increased our third year. Kirksville's cost of living is extremely low whereas living in St. Louis is a little more expensive. We still borrow about the same amount of money all 4 years, tuition is just lower 3rd and 4th year and more money is allotted for living. Does that make sense?

3rd year is spent exclusively in the St. Louis clinic. We have internal rotations which include: oral surgery, pediatrics, and comprehensive examinations/oral diagnoses. When students aren't on a rotation, they treat their returning patients. As third years, we are getting to do it all-peds, ortho work ups, oral surgery, endo, fixed prosth, removable prosth, operative, and perio.

Students spend half of their fourth year in student clinic and half of the year in community health centers. Students rotate to their selected health center for 4-6 weeks at a time where they are responsible for treating anywhere from 4-8 patients per day. It's going to be great exposure and a great way to gain speed and hand skills. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Thanks so much that really insightful! Moving to kirkville in just about a month and a half now is there any insurance plans or company's that you would recommend for health insurance?

Thanks so much that really insightful! Moving to kirkville in just about a month and a half now is there any insurance plans or company's that you would recommend for health insurance?

Fortunately I am still young enough to be on my parents' insurance so I haven't had to deal with that. I believe school has insurance information and can help you get a student rate.