Questions on animal/veterinary experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AhmadE

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
2.) If I should be exposed in more than one field for animal experience, what two fields do you recommend?

3.) How many hours should I aim for in animal experience, veterinary experience and animal/veterinary research in order to become a competitive applicant.

4.) So how do I prove to vet schools I did this many hours. For example, I completed a 1000 hours at a local zoo for 4 years and while I'm doing my applications m how can I prove this?

5.) What should I research in specifically if I want to get into veterinary school

6.) Does veterinary experience, animal experience and veterinary/animal research consume a lot of time out of my life outside of the classroom because I don't want this to alter my studies.

If you don't know, tell me who can answer my questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Didn't you already ask this? I thought I saw I earlier already.. And there were responses, too..

Somebody did but they didn't answer all of my questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Then you just need to wait. There is no need to post the same thing again. That makes some people mad and not want to answer. Just be patient.

It is also against the rules of the forum. Asking again has no advantage. Your other thread is on here and people will respond when they have something valuable to add.

How many hours should I aim for in animal experience, veterinary experience and animal/veterinary research in order to become a competitive applicant.

So how do I prove to vet schools I did this many hours. For example, I completed a 1000 hours at a local zoo for 4 years and while I'm doing my applications m how can I prove this?

What should I research in specifically if I want to get into veterinary school

On the VMCAS is research you've done that's associated with animals/veterinary medicine fall under veterinary experience or animal experience?

400x400_1330463479117-HeadDesk.jpg

adc93f8a-d8d1-43f0-939c-f3fc532b4c49.jpg

funny-animal-captions-animal-capshunz-even-lions-have-these-moments.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
You are REALLY showing your immaturity by posting the same questions multiple times. Either be patient and wait for responses (though probably no one will help you now) or do some searches on the site. Most of your questions have been addressed multiple times already.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

What they mean is: 1. Utilize the search function. 2. Read the "sticky" threads at the top of the page because all your answers are covered there multiple times.

If you have specific questions after doing some research, then feel free to post a question. People tend to like to see that you put a little effort into finding the answer before they spend their own time to help you out :)

Stop telling me to search for answers because I've already done that.

Over a 100 people have seen my post yet nobody has responded to my questions DIRECTLY.

So don't tell me I'm not going to be immature because I'm not leaving unit I get what I want.

How many hours should I aim for in animal experience, veterinary experience and animal/veterinary research in order to become a competitive applicant.

So how do I prove to vet schools I did this many hours. For example, I completed a 1000 hours at a local zoo for 4 years and while I'm doing my applications m how can I prove this?

On the VMCAS is research you've done that's associated with animals/veterinary medicine fall under veterinary experience or animal experience?

Over a 100 people have seen my post yet nobody has responded to my questions DIRECTLY.

So don't tell me I'm not going to be immature because I'm not leaving unit I get what I want.

Even more reason for us not to help you.

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you also read the answers?

People will respond when they have the time and answer. But if you keep acting like this, then nobody will want to answer them.

Also, it might be that you get banned for keeping on posting the same thing over and over and over again? :confused:

Start your research off with learning how to "search this forum".

These questions have been answered and discussed extensively many times, and you will learn more from those old threads than what will be posted here.

I am sure some kinder people will give you some info, but there is a lot of advice out there from many people that you should look into.

Then get lost Jamr0ckin nobody wants to see you on this post you dumb idiot if you don't want to help me then leave I'm just trying to get answers no wonder why you're a gold donor on this website because you don't have a life.

Then get lost Jamr0ckin nobody wants to see you on this post you dumb idiot if you don't want to help me then leave I'm just trying to get answers no wonder why you're a gold donor on this website because you don't have a life.

Well now, nobody wants to help you. Or have you as a future colleague..

Yeah nobody wants me as a future colleague like stfu who the hell knows me from the internet petpony. You're just a whole bunch of nerds on a doctor website trying to bully somebody who's curious of the profession. Why not you guys get lost and I'll be "patient" when I can find a decent person on this website to answer my questions. "Yeah no body wants to work with me", look at you two guys your're bullying a 17 year high schooler, look how pathetic you guys are. I'm sure nobody wants to work with any of you guys if you're just going to bully them for no reason.

Nobody wants to help somebody childish like you anyways. Bullying? We explained the forum rules to you. That's all. And you ignored them. Again. Unlike you think, people do have lives. That's why they don't answer right away.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're my sister with the way you act. :laugh:

Many schools have minimum required or recommendes hours. This ranges from 300 to 1000. Many people surpass the minimum, but it is not necessarily required if the rest of the application is very strong.

You do not prove your hours. You demonstrate you completed quality hours and learned from your hours in your essay(s), interview, and vets you worked with that write you the required letter of recommendation.

Research is not required. Any research that you are interested in is fine, bit it should not take priority over vet experience.

What research that qualifies as vet experience may change each year to the specific VMCAS application. If you are working with animals under vet, then it is always going to be vet experience. There seems to be a less clear future for working with animals under a PI for vet experience.

Oh sweet I'm your my sister and what the hell are forum rules some more bull**** you made up. I've looked through all the threads and my all posts aren't there so stop coming back and get lost.

Yeah nobody wants me as a future colleague like stfu who the hell knows me from the internet petpony. You're just a whole bunch of nerds on a doctor website trying to bully somebody who's curious of the profession. Why not you guys get lost and I'll be "patient" when I can find a decent person on this website to answer my questions. "Yeah no body wants to work with me", look at you two guys your're bullying a 17 year high schooler, look how pathetic you guys are. I'm sure nobody wants to work with any of you guys if you're just going to bully them for no reason.

1.) Ideally, you'd be doing vet experience because you're interested in it.
2.) The number of hours that you would "need" depends on your other stats, which you don't have because you're like me and you're starting undergrad in August-September.
3.) It doesn't help your case by being hostile towards people on here because they would probably know considerably more than I do.
4.) When starting a topic, please try to read the results it renders, it really does reduce tensions.
5.) You will deal with hostile people all of the time in any healthcare profession, and getting angry right back doesn't fix the problem.

:)

My "last name" is Eyad now get lost Ahmad Eldee, USF sucks!

Oh wow this thread is a whole lot of fail.

If you're asking questions and want answers, it might help not to anger the people who are trying to help :idea:

If you did some of your own work and actually looked for answers ( which have all been discussed countless times under countless threads), and did not proceed to attack us because we were not immediately taking time out of OUR day to spoon-feed you answers, then maybe you would not feel this way.

You are being just as rude as you are accusing us of being. Frankly, I think the contributors on this thread have been very patient with you, considering all you seem to do is complain that no one answers you, and proceed to post the same questions without even bothering to notice the people who DID respond.

At this point in your career, I would be worried about a) your ability to independently find information rather that simply demand immediately answers like a child, and b) your maturity in dealing with others. I hope you develop both of these skills at college.

spoiled-brat.jpg

tantrum.jpg

tantrum1.jpg

Sorry, all I heard was "Wah wah wah."

Perfect! But I think Ahmad is long gone. Maybe he had some type of bet going and needed to reach a number of replies quickly??? Regardless of his motives, I think he failed. He was nice enough to a least private message me a thanks for giving a reply. Not that it makes up for his ridiculousness here!

My "last name" is Eyad now get lost Ahmad Eldee, USF sucks!

I wasn't aware that surnames were such an abstract concept that they required quotation marks. XD

You know, I was thinking about giving what information I have. I'm still pretty noob around here so I know it can be hard to find what you're looking for. Buuuuuuut these people befriended me because I was friendly and polite and always very grateful for any info or insights they could give. They were incredibly kind with nary a bad word! You acting like a spoiled child and being horribly rude and mostly just a douche has completely turned to off to helping. So.... Good luck with that.

Right now I currently work as a kennel person/technician in training at a small animal hospital. All of my hours are at this one hospital, but I see many people who have hours at more than one hospital. one of my coworkers and good friend started working at another hospital a few months ago and i have visited so I am familiar with the people who work there, would it be better if I shadowed there a couple days too just to get hours at a different hospital as well and see how different hospitals run and how different doctors work?

Right now I currently work as a kennel person/technician in training at a small animal hospital. All of my hours are at this one hospital, but I see many people who have hours at more than one hospital. one of my coworkers and good friend started working at another hospital a few months ago and i have visited so I am familiar with the people who work there, would it be better if I shadowed there a couple days too just to get hours at a different hospital as well and see how different hospitals run and how different doctors work?

I would say no only if the other experience would offer something new. Its best to have well rounded experience so small animal, large animal, exotic, and research. So if one of those other clinics offers you that then totally do that! Otherwise if you have a good connection at a small animal clinic then stick with that

You know, I was thinking about giving what information I have. I'm still pretty noob around here so I know it can be hard to find what you're looking for. Buuuuuuut these people befriended me because I was friendly and polite and always very grateful for any info or insights they could give. They were incredibly kind with nary a bad word! You acting like a spoiled child and being horribly rude and mostly just a douche has completely turned to off to helping. So.... Good luck with that.

Whoa

I find it kind of amusing that this exact same copied/pasted post was added to at least 4 different threads, and one of them THIS thread - started by someone who kept copying and pasting the exact same questions because he was too impatient for a response...

I find it kind of amusing that this exact same copied/pasted post was added to at least 4 different threads, and one of them THIS thread - started by someone who kept copying and pasting the exact same questions because he was too impatient for a response...

You'd think they'd learn eventually...

I love how krh thought THIS was a good thread to bump. Along with the other three. :rolleyes: