Quickest YET reasonable route to becoming a doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, if your social skills are so crappy, how the hell are you gonna make babies in the first place? The way you sound, I doubt any sane woman will want to touch you with a 10 ft pole. If you do find one, I feel awfully sorry for your wife. One thing I noticed as a guy is that other guys who lack social skills but are status driven (ie you) tend to be the most misogynistic.. probably cause they can't get any.
Dude, lol :laugh: You have to be pretty desperate if you're attacking an anonymous poster on an internet forum. Yes, my dick is incredibly small and I love to beat women. I am a loser and am currently consuming fiddle faddle with a liter of soda in my underwear. Ok then, now that that's out of the way, let's move on and see if there are any other relevant responses to my original subject... i'm beginning to think there won't be :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I was thinking about that a few days ago.
How will we feel when our superintelligent kids from the future come home with 15 different doctorates while we gave blood, sweat and at least a kidney to get our Ph.D or M.D. (or for the lucky few, both)?

One of my LOR writers asked me why I wasn't applying for MD/PhD. I said that most of the programs are 8 years and that I'd be like 30 by the time I graduated (Bad answer, though I was being honest.) She said, despite what you may believe, 30 is not old. Then I told her that I thought there were so few careers that needed both degrees. She said that was a much better answer.

Dude, lol :laugh: You have to be pretty desperate if you're attacking an anonymous poster on an internet forum. Yes, my dick is incredibly small and I love to beat women. I am a loser and am currently consuming fiddle faddle with a liter of soda in my underwear. Ok then, now that that's out of the way, let's move on and see if there are any other relevant responses to my original subject... i'm beginning to think there won't be :rolleyes:

Umm, I most definitely gave quality parenting advice on page 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my LOR writers asked me why I wasn't applying for MD/PhD. I said that most of the programs are 8 years and that I'd be like 30 by the time I graduated (Bad answer, though I was being honest.) She said, despite what you may believe, 30 is not old. Then I told her that I thought there were so few careers that needed both degrees. She said that was a much better answer.

Yeah, I had to tackle with the age thing when I set up my own path. According to a tight schedule with no gaps, I should get my Ph.D and be allowed to practice by the time I'm 28, which is in 8 years. In the end, all that matters is if you see real worth & interest in your studies, not the time they take. :)

I wonder what careers explicitly require MD/PhDs though, heavy practice/research physician? Superhero from Krypton?

Yeah, I had to tackle with the age thing when I set up my own path. According to a tight schedule with no gaps, I should get my Ph.D and be allowed to practice by the time I'm 28, which is in 8 years. In the end, all that matters is if you see real worth & interest in your studies, not the time they take. :)

I wonder what careers explicitly require MD/PhDs though, heavy practice/research physician? Superhero from Krypton?

I think it depends. I can not be in school all my life, though I have a few friends that would disagree.

I believe the only requirement for Superhero from Krypton is an obsession with one Lois Lane. Better facebook her and become her admirer.

I think it depends. I can not be in school all my life, though I have a few friends that would disagree.

I believe the only requirement for Superhero from Krypton is an obsession with one Lois Lane. Better facebook her and become her admirer.

Shaves off tuition costs.

Well, the thing about time spent not being important ceases to apply to extremes. Someone studying for 40 years and finally graduating at 60-70 would be kind of bad.

Are these friends aware that they can still learn without being in school? School only does so much for you.

Inappropriate tattoos in inappropriate places. Kind of like that one guy I saw on the bus the other day. Had a tattoo-snake coming up the side of his neck up to his temple-region.

I could think of a far more inappropriate place to put a tattoo snake (although maybe it would be more appropriate). Hopefully you wouldn't see it on the bus though.

Look around at our society. Makin babies is not that hard.

OP just needs to wear this cool t-shirt and he's golden. http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Mens-Three-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

I'm 24 and about to take the bar exam to become an attorney. In my 6 years in college I've come to regret I didn't get through it faster. If I ever have kids, I was wondering what path I could set them on to not repeat my mistake:

Basically, I never enjoyed college and it has been a lonely time for me... and I know there's other students like me. Hopefully my son or daughter will be more social than me, but if they aren't, I want to make sure they can get through the lonely drudgery of studying faster than me... so he can wield his status as a doctor to get the women all over him/generally have a better life while he's still young.

Anyway, what is the most quick yet reasonable way to get through med school? The normal length of time, as I understand it, is 4 years undergrad, 3 years med school, and 3 years residency for general practice. Here's my thoughts:

-1 year: start them in kindergarten a year younger than the other kids
-1 year of undergrad: get enough AP in high school
-1.5 years of undergrad: take summer classes abroad in undergrad.
-.5 years- do a combined BA/MD program

This subtracts 4 years from the usual age of 26 when residency starts, so he'll be 22 instead, and at 26 he'd be fully practicing. 22 is still enough time to go enjoy life among the young people...

Is this reasonable? Would he have to be stellarly smart to be able to do this? If he doesn't do good enough on the MCAT, I guess he could just go to law school, where they basically let anyone in....

It's not necessary to post the predictable "take your time" or "quick kills patients" posts, just stick to the topic ;)

1. if MY doctor was 26 years old I would immediately get another doctor.

2. quick kills patients

Don't rush your child too much. If you do not allow him to take some time off to join a little league, your own life will suffer as you will fail to be able to take out your aggression on the refs.

I'm not sure what other avenue there is to relieving middle-age angst.

Your health will suffer. Good health is an A+.

Personally, I'm gonna have my kids abroad and just fake their ages on their passport. Add 4 or 5 years to their age. They are gonna be in high school at the age of 10. People will say they will lack the necessary social skills but I'm going to put some notes on how to make friends in their TI-89 (Titanium or diamond or whatever).

:bow:
You have taken the stereotype of Asian parenting to a new extreme.

I think we scared the OP away from SDN and from ever having children. Good work, people. Our job here is done.

Ok then, now that that's out of the way, let's move on and see if there are any other relevant responses to my original subject... i'm beginning to think there won't be :rolleyes:

It's probably because the original subject is, well, absurd. At least the overall thread is entertaining.

I suggest spending more time studying for the bar exam. I've taken it, and it's a b****.

bahahahaha!!!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Best thread ever.

Quickest way is obviously skip as many middle school/ high school year as possible...It is so freaking easy to test out the whole grade....

I was going to say you're a troll, but you sound legitimately mad. My god, you're so pathetic. :laugh:

YouMad.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 24 and about to take the bar exam to become an attorney. In my 6 years in college I've come to regret I didn't get through it faster. If I ever have kids, I was wondering what path I could set them on to not repeat my mistake:

Basically, I never enjoyed college and it has been a lonely time for me... and I know there's other students like me. Hopefully my son or daughter will be more social than me, but if they aren't, I want to make sure they can get through the lonely drudgery of studying faster than me... so he can wield his status as a doctor to get the women all over him/generally have a better life while he's still young.

Anyway, what is the most quick yet reasonable way to get through med school? The normal length of time, as I understand it, is 4 years undergrad, 3 years med school, and 3 years residency for general practice. Here's my thoughts:

-1 year: start them in kindergarten a year younger than the other kids
-1 year of undergrad: get enough AP in high school
-1.5 years of undergrad: take summer classes abroad in undergrad.
-.5 years- do a combined BA/MD program

This subtracts 4 years from the usual age of 26 when residency starts, so he'll be 22 instead, and at 26 he'd be fully practicing. 22 is still enough time to go enjoy life among the young people...

Is this reasonable? Would he have to be stellarly smart to be able to do this? If he doesn't do good enough on the MCAT, I guess he could just go to law school, where they basically let anyone in....

It's not necessary to post the predictable "take your time" or "quick kills patients" posts, just stick to the topic ;)
'

LOL with your planning, i'd be surprised if your kid passed any psychological tests. seriously, relax. you don't even HAVE a kid yet.

but in quebec, the fastest way to be a doctor would be 1 year of CEGEP (equivalent to freshman year in college) + apply for special MD program, but that would be probably harder to get into than Harvard.

'

LOL with your planning, i'd be surprised if your kid passed any psychological tests. seriously, relax. you don't even HAVE a kid yet.

but in quebec, the fastest way to be a doctor would be 1 year of CEGEP (equivalent to freshman year in college) + apply for special MD program, but that would be probably harder to get into than Harvard.

Being from Quebec (I'm finishing Cegep on the 15th of this month), I can assure you that you can't do cégep in one year. The pre-uni. hard science programs are 2 years long and that's with a packed schedule, 7 courses per trimester. Any more than that would be suicide taking in account that in average, every hour you spend in class equals to 2-3 hours of work on your own.

Last edited: