Racism, Guns, Politics, Religion, etc...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope anti-gun logic is so flawed it's quite hilarious.

I can’t even tell you how awesome I find this statement. 10/10

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Really debated creating this thread but I believe it needs to be here. Sure we all don't agree on all these things but they do need to be debated and while they might be inflamatory to one person they also represent the opinion of another. As long as it relates to pharmacy I dont see a problem running a thread with controversial subjects.

easy answer

Racism-Most people are racist and intolerant. See this in retail pharmacy daily.

Guns-Yes I should be able to conceal carry and in my car. Yes I should be able to use a firearm to save my own life/property. No, most people should not qualify to own an assault rifle.

Politics- Trump/Bernie ticket 2020. Trump's winning persona is great for our national morale and I love the idea of Bernie's give everything away approach.

Religion- Dispense every legal RX hahaha

I can’t even tell you how awesome I find this statement. 10/10

I'm open to new ideas, gotta say these kids are even funnier.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
easy answer

Racism-Most people are racist and intolerant. See this in retail pharmacy daily.

Guns-Yes I should be able to conceal carry and in my car. Yes I should be able to use a firearm to save my own life/property. No, most people should not qualify to own an assault rifle.

Politics- Trump/Bernie ticket 2020. Trump's winning persona is great for our national morale and I love the idea of Bernie's give everything away approach.

Religion- Dispense every legal RX hahaha
Do you feel evidence based politics should be standard?
The data shows handguns are the most dangerous guns.

Less than a fraction of 1% of the population owns an assault rifle.
It's an irrelevant point.

If by "assault rifle" you're invoking the meme of "scary looking gun"- it's still irrelevant, statistically.

Looks like OP is getting what they want.

If by "assault rifle" you're invoking the meme of "scary looking gun"- it's still irrelevant, statistically.

Guns aren’t dangerous, people are.

Guns aren’t dangerous, people are.
Well, actually, poverty is dangerous.

There's a reason gun control advocates only point to white, first world countries when discussing the successes of gun control abroad.

It's the same reason 90% of "gun violence" in America takes place exclusively in impoverished neighborhoods.

GDP is infinitely more important than gun control.

There's a reason gun control advocates only point to white, first world countries when discussing the successes of gun control abroad.

It's the same reason 90% of "gun violence" in America takes place exclusively in impoverished neighborhoods.

No the problem is lack of discipline and personal responsibility.

Actually the biggest victim of gun violence is whites by middle class and poor whites. Whites are the number one most violent users of guns in the US. In 2013 there were 11,208 homicides, 21,175 suicides by firearm. By far the largest group in the suicides was white men.

White men put what is left of their dwindling masculinity into a gun purchase to "protect themselves from minorities" which is actually at thinly veil daydream of killing minorities legally. Ultimately no minorities try to kill them (mostly because races are segregated in isolated areas) and they end up using the firearm to kill themselves or someone in their direct family does.

Owning a firearm is idiotic and in the very rare incidence it could help you it just ends up escalating violence and gets you killed.

"The two then fled to a nearby Walmart, where Jerad fired a shot at the ceiling and ordered shoppers to leave. Joseph Wilcox, who was carrying a concealed weapon, drew his weapon and confronted Jerad,[11]but passed Amanda as he did so, not realizing that she was armed and Jerad's accomplice; Amanda shot and killed Wilcox.[10]"

Actually the biggest victim of gun violence is whites by middle class and poor whites. Whites are the number one most violent users of guns in the US. In 2013 there were 11,208 homicides, 21,175 suicides by firearm. By far the largest group in the suicides was white men.

White men put what is left of their dwindling masculinity into a gun purchase to "protect themselves from minorities" which is actually at thinly veil daydream of killing minorities legally. Ultimately no minorities try to kill them (mostly because races are segregated in isolated areas) and they end up using the firearm to kill themselves or someone in their direct family does.

Owning a firearm is idiotic and in the very rare incidence it could help you it just ends up escalating violence and gets you killed.

"The two then fled to a nearby Walmart, where Jerad fired a shot at the ceiling and ordered shoppers to leave. Joseph Wilcox, who was carrying a concealed weapon, drew his weapon and confronted Jerad,[11]but passed Amanda as he did so, not realizing that she was armed and Jerad's accomplice; Amanda shot and killed Wilcox.[10]"
It's intellectually dishonest to consider suicide "gun violence"

Also, people like you who willingly provide disinformation are actually hurting PoC by silencing the tragedies in their communities.

You should be ashamed.

Your other comments aren't even worth a reply, and I've spent pages arguing with sosoo and lnsean

The last texas shooter was stopped by a private citizen with a rifle. Which is only one of many succesful defensive uses of a firearm

The last texas shooter was stopped by a private citizen with a rifle. Which is only one of many succesful defensive uses of a firearm

Do you have statistics rather than anecdotes? Because I have anecdotes where being armed was detrimental rather than helpful. I would be curious to know if the good guy with a gun is usually more helpful or harmful.

Do you have statistics rather than anecdotes? Because I have anecdotes where being armed was detrimental rather than helpful. I would be curious to know if the good guy with a gun is usually more helpful or harmful.
Kinda hard thing to keep statistics on.
"This many things *didn't* happen.

Are there statistics on the numbers of deaths and hospitalizations prevented by outpatient pharmacist interventions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was refuting the claim that it never helped, because it can. But those sort of stats don’t exist that I’m aware of and I read a lot on the topic.

I haven’t even seen a good one separates non criminal gun ownership

Yes I believe most deaths/crimes are probably from handguns, but a lot of those crimes take place in rough areas with criminal on criminal violence I assume. Its just my pedestrian understanding that most of these news-worthy shootings are by assault rifle, bump stock etc. Still don't want to pass up my own shotgun and handgun, but I could manage without an AR-15 just saying. And I think I'm a typical citizen.

Truth! But the solution to poverty is work and education? Widely both available in this country.

Yay for private citizens!!

That wasn't a success. By then the police were onto him and following him. It just lead to another needless death. There was a good chance the police could have arrested him without killing him.

That wasn't a success. By then the police were onto him and following him. It just lead to another needless death. There was a good chance the police could have arrested him without killing him.
We’re going to disagree there

We’re going to disagree there
Yea man. That's just what we need. Random people with guns killing other people they suspect of crimes without a trial or due process. That's called summary/vigilante justice and they do it all the time in Somalia. What is the point of justice or a trial when you can just kill people you suspect of crimes. See someone stealing a candy bar at a store? shot them in the head. "mission accomplished" to quote George Bush

Yea man. That's just what we need. Random people with guns killing other people they suspect of crimes without a trial or due process. That's called summary/vigilante justice and they do it all the time in Somalia. What is the point of justice or a trial when you can just kill people you suspect of crimes. See someone stealing a candy bar at a store? shot them in the head. "mission accomplished" to quote George Bush
I’d buy the guy a beer...

You're going to need to stop making things up and presenting them as fact.

A neighbor who was already on the scene engaged the mutderer.

Curious, what do you propose we do to fix this "gun problem"

What kind of license does a pharmacist have?

A license to pill!!

I'm a dad and I wouldn't even say that joke

Reactions: 2 users

Needless death? The guy had just murdered people in a church; once someone goes to the extreme of taking someone else’s right(s) away (the right to live), I fully believe it is then fair for their right(s) to be taken away.

I would not call that a needless death. That was a required death. Let’s not waste tax payer money on keeping that scumbag alive to rot in prison. Public hanging, fire squad, death/shot by a law abiding and gun owning citizen, all good options with me. A lot less crime would be committed if we still had punishment options like the above. Castration for sex offenders and child rapists, or just kill them too. MAGA (too soon?)

And just for kicks, I’ll add this picture for discussion: View attachment 229896. Banning assault rifles is surely the smartest thing to do to prevent deaths right now

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Needless death? The guy had just murdered people in a church; once someone goes to the extreme of taking someone else’s right(s) away (the right to live), I fully believe it is then fair for their right(s) to be taken away.

I would not call that a needless death. That was a required death. Let’s not waste tax payer money on keeping that scumbag alive to rot in prison. Public hanging, fire squad, death/shot by a law abiding and gun owning citizen, all good options with me. A lot less crime would be committed if we still had punishment options like the above. Castration for sex offenders and child rapists, or just kill them too. MAGA (too soon?)

And just for kicks, I’ll add this picture for discussion: View attachment 229896. Banning assault rifles is surely the smartest thing to do to prevent deaths right now

"Public hanging, fire squad, death/shot by a law abiding and gun owning citizen...Castration for sex offenders and child rapists, or just kill them too. MAGA"

Dude you need to see a psychologist.

The second amendment argument is pretty simple. Everyone thinks bolt action hunting rifles are fine to be owned by non crazy people. Nobody thinks a nuclear warhead should be owned by anyone. So somewhere in between there lies the line of what is okay to own. The debate is where the red line is. You'd think that high velocity, high capacity semi auto rifles would be questionable, but I guess at some point we decided those were okay for the average idiot to own.

And you could go on down those lines of debate...present data...come to a conclusion...but let's be honest...it's basically pointless at this point. There are millions and millions of them out there. And due to ******s that like to do what basically boils down to military cosplay, there are a bazillion ar15 and kalishnikov family weapons out there. You won't put the toothpaste back into the tube. The gun nuts won. America is a macabre nightmare and this is our lives now. Their efforts made it possible for the nut job next door to easily go on a killing spree. And we really can't undo it.

It'd be nice if they had a mea culpa moment, but they won't. Because this is America in the social media era. Everyone has their stupid information bubble where they don't have to have their idiotic opinions challenged. Rather, it gets doubled down upon.

Most things are like this. If you try discussing economics these days, people act like there are two opposing forces at play and you need to pick one. It used to be that people accepted that a rational, mixed economy that was run using logic and the best available data was the best. Now it's just ideologies calling capitalism evil wage slavery or claiming that taxation is theft or whatever nonsense.

I'm tired of all the damn "I'm into politics" people to be honest. Blue Borg. Red Borg. Two groupthought massives.

Last edited:
Curious, what do you propose we do to fix this "gun problem"
Ban all firearms outside of military/police use. Mandatory minimum of 1 year in jail for firearm possession. Old gun owners can get grandfathered in but must keep guns at home and pay 300 USD per a month per a weapon in Firearm insurance. The insurance fund will will generate millions a year will be used to pay victims of mass shootings and other *****ic events guns create in our communities. Firearm insurance will be strictly enforce using a program that anyone reporting someone for illegal firearms will receive 1000 USD if the person is convicted.

If you own a gun there is a good chance you are mentally ill. You need to sell your guns and get help.

If you own a gun there is a good chance you are mentally ill. You need to sell your guns and get help.

In that case there are millions of Americans with a “good chance” of being mentally ill.

Reactions: 3 users
The second amendment argument is pretty simple.
The second amendment is intended to arm citizens well enough to overthrow the government in the case that tea is over-taxed. If anything, we should make small weapons illegal and allow larger artillary only to maintain the sentiment.

Ban all firearms outside of military/police use. Mandatory minimum of 1 year in jail for firearm possession. Old gun owners can get grandfathered in but must keep guns at home and pay 300 USD per a month per a weapon in Firearm insurance. The insurance fund will will generate millions a year will be used to pay victims of mass shootings and other *****ic events guns create in our communities. Firearm insurance will be strictly enforce using a program that anyone reporting someone for illegal firearms will receive 1000 USD if the person is convicted.

That's a slippery slope you're on. Do you not realized that that's potentially dangerous? To arm only law enforcement and military? That's exactly how governments end up overthrown...

How would this stop people that don't care about the law from even telling anyone they have a gun then selling that gun?

I'm sorry but this is way too flawed to work. Every single gun owner will keep their gun and not pay "insurance"

So I'm mentally I'll?

Like I said way earlier anti-gun people thoughts are so humorous

Last edited:
"Public hanging, fire squad, death/shot by a law abiding and gun owning citizen...Castration for sex offenders and child rapists, or just kill them too. MAGA"

Arent you the guy that thinks it’s cool to spit on veterans? You have serious mental issues, take your own advice.

The second amendment argument is pretty simple. Everyone thinks bolt action hunting rifles are fine to be owned by non crazy people. Nobody thinks a nuclear warhead should be owned by anyone. So somewhere in between there lies the line of what is okay to own. The debate is where the red line is. You'd think that high velocity, high capacity semi auto rifles would be questionable, but I guess at some point we decided those were okay for the average idiot to own.

And you could go on down those lines of debate...present data...come to a conclusion...but let's be honest...it's basically pointless at this point. There are millions and millions of them out there. And due to ******s that like to do what basically boils down to military cosplay, there are a bazillion ar15 and kalishnikov family weapons out there. You won't put the toothpaste back into the tube. The gun nuts won. America is a macabre nightmare and this is our lives now. Their efforts made it possible for the nut job next door to easily go on a killing spree. And we really can't undo it.

It'd be nice if they had a mea culpa moment, but they won't. Because this is America in the social media era. Everyone has their stupid information bubble where they don't have to have their idiotic opinions challenged. Rather, it gets doubled down upon.

Most things are like this. If you try discussing economics these days, people act like there are two opposing forces at play and you need to pick one. It used to be that people accepted that a rational, mixed economy that was run using logic and the best available data was the best. Now it's just ideologies calling capitalism evil wage slavery or claiming that taxation is theft or whatever nonsense.

I'm tired of all the damn "I'm into politics" people to be honest. Blue Borg. Red Borg. Two groupthought massives.
I'm going to stop your poorly thought out post right at the third sentence:

"Muh recreational nukes"

Who or what has the right to a nuclear weapon?

You cannot logically be in favor of or consider it justified for a government to ever bathe an entire city in nuclear fire and also at the same time think "assault weapons" are bad for civilian ownership.

When is it justified to use nuclear weapons?

I heard an interesting proposal the other day. It was that all Muslim Americans should join the NRA and purchase AR-15s. All of a sudden, you'd have Fox News calling for gun control.
This is also a thoughtless meme based on the narrow minded assumption that all gun owners are Mulford era conservatives.

Also kinda silly for you to double dip and present yourself as a victim based on your religion

Last edited:
Arent you the guy that thinks it’s cool to spit on veterans? You have serious mental issues, take your own advice.

<Spoiler> Vet's are murders and belong in prison</spoiler> also ad hominem

ModestAntEater dodging my posts like

BriskEnviousGraywolf-max-1mb.gif

He don' want it

Dear mods:

I keep accidentally double posting.

Don't know how.
Mea sorry. Mea maxima sorry

The pussification of America is real.

You’d rather let murderers and child sex offenders walk around in public huh? And you wouldn’t have guns to defend yourself or your family. You’re an intelligent anteater.

The pussification of America is real.

You’d rather let murderers and child sex offenders walk around in public huh? And you wouldn’t have guns to defend yourself or your family. You’re an intelligent anteater.

"pussification" do you realize how sexist and misogynist this term is?

Not only is it objectifying women as their genitalia but it is also slandering all women as "weak". More than 50% of this profession is women and that percent is only rising. Please avoid using terms like this.

Not only is it objectifying women as their genitalia but it is also slandering all women as "weak". More than 50% of this profession is women and that percent is only rising. Please avoid using terms like this.

Trolling SJWs sure is fun.

Back to my question that you refused to answer, the guy that murdered people in a church in TX, you think it was unfair of him to be shot and killed for his actions?

Last edited:
I heard an interesting proposal the other day. It was that all Muslim Americans should join the NRA and purchase AR-15s. All of a sudden, you'd have Fox News calling for gun control.

So what are your thoughts on people simply not telling anyone they have a gun? Do you really think that is going to do anything to solve this "gun problem"?

See, I told y’all this thread is a bad idea.

Yet resisting the urge to jump in head first is just killing me.
Hey I'm trying to actually get a good answer to fix this "gun problem".

I honestly don't think there's a fool proof plan, less guns will not solve this "problem".

I'm going to stop your poorly thought out post right at the third sentence:

"Muh recreational nukes"

Who or what has the right to a nuclear weapon?

You cannot logically be in favor of or consider it justified for a government to ever bathe an entire city in nuclear fire and also at the same time think "assault weapons" are bad for civilian ownership.

When is it justified to use nuclear weapons?

This is also a thoughtless meme based on the narrow minded assumption that all gun owners are Mulford era conservatives.

Also kinda silly for you to double dip and present yourself as a victim based on your religion

Ever heard of the gun shops and gun ranges in the South that have declared themselves "Muslim-free zones". I was turned down entry at a range when I brought some friends who were visiting from Iran and were wearing their traditional clothing to the range.

Ever heard of the gun shops and gun ranges in the South that have declared themselves "Muslim-free zones". I was turned down entry at a range when I brought some friends who were visiting from Iran and were wearing their traditional clothing to the range.

Wow, an entire section of the population is being blamed for the actions of an extreme minority?
You might not understand how that feels, as a Muslim, but it's no bueno.

Did you reek of a schedule 1 substance when you showed up?

My life was saved by a lawful citizen possessing a firearm. I'm a victim/witness of gun violence when some thugs came to a Sonic drive up me and friends were at as teenagers and began shooting the place up. they went to the middle area where the staff were and began firing at them. The manager had a concealed gun, shot one of the thugs, and they ran away later to be arrested. We were hiding behind bushes/cars and were randomly shot at. My life was saved by lawful and responsible gun use against thugs illegally possessing a weapon (they were underage, gun not legal, and obviously violating gun laws).

What state do you live in? As someone who has lived in many southern states, I’ve yet to hear of Muslim free zones at any place, or gun range.

Genuinely curious.

What state do you live in? As someone who has lived in many southern states, I’ve yet to hear of Muslim free zones at any place, or gun range.

Genuinely curious.

Do you think they have a sign in the window that says "No Muslims"? Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.