Radiology and Bethesda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JA_Perez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After doing a GMO- Tour, what kind of credentials do a person needs in order to be accepted in such a program? I mean in terms of class ranking, Step 1 and 2, AOA status, etc. Is it similar to the civilian match or is it more difficult to get in?

ENS JAP

Members don't see this ad.

Ask the forum after the 17th, when the list comes out with this year's selections, then we can all tell you how it turned out. Rumor has it there were 58 applicants for 17 Navy spots nationwide (7 San Diego, 5 Bethesda/NCC, 5 Portsmouth), so on a percentage match rate, it is a difficult year. When I was interviewing, the program director at Portsmouth said he couldn't believe the quality of people he was going to have to turn down due to lack of spots. Hopefully I wasn't one of them.:)

BenHoganFan on the forum is a current resident at Bethesda, maybe he can shed some light after the results are out.

If you want something in the Navy, start early and get to know the people in control of the selections.

Waiting until the 17th...
DD

The address for the GMESB is: http://nshs.med.navy.mil/gme/mcpp.htm and link from there.
The results are due out on WEDS the 17th, occasionally those get released a day or so early (either last year or the year before that was the case)

Good luck to all who are waiting for results, future applicants remember I wasn't joking about the "it's who you know" reality.

DD