Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RubyCat

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm not sure where to put this so I'm just going to put it here... Im looking for advise on how many vet schools to apply to. I'm only really interested in my IS school, and frankly I cant afford to go out of state, but the veterinarians I've talked to suggested applying to at least 5 schools since it is so hard to get into. I have a list of 5 schools I could apply to, but is it worth all the time and money applying if I know I would only actually go to one??

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I'm not sure where to put this so I'm just going to put it here... Im looking for advise on how many vet schools to apply to. I'm only really interested in my IS school, and frankly I cant afford to go out of state, but the veterinarians I've talked to suggested applying to at least 5 schools since it is so hard to get into. I have a list of 5 schools I could apply to, but is it worth all the time and money applying if I know I would only actually go to one??
It makes more sense financially to apply to your in-state school multiple times than it does to apply to out of state schools.

Don't apply to schools unless you are sure you would attend if accepted

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,
No, it's not. If you have decided that your only viable option is your IS, then you are wasting time and money by applying to other schools. And potentially setting yourself up for angst if you don't get into your IS but do get into an unaffordable OOS option. It is a scary thought to only apply to one school, but that is what plenty of people do (maybe not so much on SDN).

Have you looked into what the average stats are for your IS? Might be helpful to post your stats here so that people with experience with your IS can chime in. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users