Rank list blues(PCCM fellowship)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spyrogyra1

Pulmonary Fellow Royale
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A Boston PCCM fellowship Director has mailed me that she would be ranking me high.
Does this make a big differecne in fellowship? I know in residency it may not mean anything? do you guys know?
amol

Members don't see this ad.

spyrogyra1 said:
A Boston PCCM fellowship Director has mailed me that she would be ranking me high.
Does this make a big differecne in fellowship? I know in residency it may not mean anything? do you guys know?
amol

It means exactly the same thing as it does during residency applications - while it's a good sign, take it with a grain of salt, because it is certainly not a binding commitment to rank you to match at the program. And vice-versa, not having heard from a program doesn't necessarily mean anything - many programs do not contact applicants post-interview, anyway.

I envy the neph guys, they interview and they prematch right away. I know its got its con side, but what the he** ,its saves you a lot of grief.
Personally I think 2 seat fellowships are a scam! There may be an internal candidate and 10-30 people will fight that one seat.
I wish PDs would infrom the gen public how many seats they are comepeting for. If I knew there are 50 people for 2 seats( cook county) I would never go there.( acutally anyways I would never go there).

By the way does anyone have the number of PCCM nrmp registered candidates this time or the last time? tried to pull up that data, but could'nt.
gl.