RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know I don't have to stop, but UF also has a dress code that states you cannot wear any other school logo... my entire wardrobe is FSU stuff lol. I might end up going to class naked :oops:. I will always cheer for FSU, but I want to cheer for my DVM school too, and it will just NOT happen at UF :laugh:

they what??? 2/3rds of my clothes are hokie related!!! are you the kind of person that will never pair x and y colors together to avoid making a match with the rival school? i am :oops: haha i also shake my head anytime i write in pen colors that match with out rivals (like blue/orange or purple orange) :oops: :D

Members don't see this ad.

Emiloo - truth be told, grad school is a whole different world than undergrad. You are going to be way too busy to worry about the logo on your shirt. And at the end of the day, you'll have a DVM at the end of your name. UF is a guaranteed seat in VET school - highly coveted! Just trying to knock some sense into you!! You can still wear FSU under your sweatshirt or at home.

I'm a huge Notre dame fan - huge. Giant. And I almost didn't apply to OSU and actually didn't apply to Michigan State because of my superficial hate for their sports' teams. But, sports vs. your future as a professional (a mascot v your passion in life) shouldn't be a sole determinant in where you attend school. With that said, OSU was a top choice for me. Do you like the program? The facilities? Opportunity? Please consider that stuff first!! Waitlist isn't guarantee :(

Also, this summer should be a more R&R than stress fest because you're right. School for the next 4 years will be busy busy and intense.

they what??? 2/3rds of my clothes are hokie related!!! are you the kind of person that will never pair x and y colors together to avoid making a match with the rival school? i am :oops: haha i also shake my head anytime i write in pen colors that match with out rivals (like blue/orange or purple orange) :oops: :D

YEP!!! THAT'S ME!!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok I think I may have confused y'all a little. I have actually already sent in my acceptance contract and have secured my spot for UF. I am simply saying I need to decide what to do about these classes, so that IF I get off a waitlist I may have more options. But I either have to take 2 classes and go to UF, or take 3 in hopes that if I get off a waitlist, I can go somewhere else. I KNOW I am being really silly, I guess I just need some sense knocked into me like you said :laugh:. It's just a huge deal to me! :cool: And it's not just sports, but more the pride of your alumni status that I'm talking about I guess. And yes, UF is a GREAT school and I am VERY thankful to have been offered a spot and would be absolutely thrilled to go there, but it tugs a little at my FSU heart strings :D

Oh man, I will never understand sports people....not going to an in-state school because it's a rival football team??! :eek:

Oh man, I will never understand sports people....not going to an in-state school because it's a rival football team??! :eek:

:D We're a whole 'nother breed!

And it's not that I won't go there, it's that it's gonna be hard to not be able to have school pride!

Why the hell would they do that? It's HINES WARD! You don't release someone like him.

For whatever poor planning reason (or maybe the new bargaining agreement) the Steelers were going to be over the salary cap, and apparently Hines had some clause in his contract that he had to have official word by March 1 if it was not going to be renewed. They had to renegotiate contracts with most of the team's stars in order to stay under the cap, and they still have some free agents to sign (Mike Wallace being a notable one). That all combined with the fact that (if they can hang on to Wallace) they have a really great young receiving corps, made him a little more expendable. It is really the end of an era with him and it will be real sad to see him in another uniform.

Very minor rant and really whiny. About four weeks ago our pathology professor made an announcement in class that they were looking for two necropsy lab hires for the summer. Only me and another girl in class pursued it at all and have been in contact with the guy in charge for several weeks, sent him our stuff, and have set up interviews for this week. And then yesterday he sends out an email reminding everyone about the position and now another three or four people are applying after their other summer plans fell through. I mean, I know it's probably only fair, but I just feel a little miffed that after being the only ones to show any interest from the get-go we may not get the jobs after all. Grrrr.

For whatever poor planning reason (or maybe the new bargaining agreement) the Steelers were going to be over the salary cap, and apparently Hines had some clause in his contract that he had to have official word by March 1 if it was not going to be renewed. They had to renegotiate contracts with most of the team's stars in order to stay under the cap, and they still have some free agents to sign (Mike Wallace being a notable one). That all combined with the fact that (if they can hang on to Wallace) they have a really great young receiving corps, made him a little more expendable. It is really the end of an era with him and it will be real sad to see him in another uniform.
I'm not even a steelers fan but that makes me sad. I really like seeing players retire with the teams they are with forever/known for (if that makes sense).

:D We're a whole 'nother breed!

And it's not that I won't go there, it's that it's gonna be hard to not be able to have school pride!

I totally understand Emiloo! I am an OSU buckeye through and through. To not be able to have my buckeye pride would kill me. My soul would literally die. I for one did not apply to MSU because I knew I would not be able to survive in the state up north for 4 years!

As far as your dilema, I would take the 3 classes that you need to take if you were to get off the waitlists at the other schools, but make sure that you take care of the requirements at UF in case you don't get off the waitlists. It sounds like the schools you are waitlisted at are higher on your list than UF. So do what you need to need to attend those schools, because you may very well get that opportunity.

I totally understand Emiloo! I am an OSU buckeye through and through. To not be able to have my buckeye pride would kill me. My soul would literally die. I for one did not apply to MSU because I knew I would not be able to survive in the state up north for 4 years!

As far as your dilema, I would take the 3 classes that you need to take if you were to get off the waitlists at the other schools, but make sure that you take care of the requirements at UF in case you don't get off the waitlists. It sounds like the schools you are waitlisted at are higher on your list than UF. So do what you need to need to attend those schools, because you may very well get that opportunity.

I don't know if I can afford it right now though... not to mention I work nearly 50 hours a week... I guess I really only need C's in them though :cool:

It is 11:30 at night.
Just checked on my gerbil (he's about three). He's not doing so well.
I have a chemistry exam tomorrow.
Looks like I have to take some time out of my day to go to the vet if he survives the night.
.... :(

Looks like I have to take some time out of my day to go to the vet if he survives the night.

:( I hope he pulls through. Good luck on your exam :luck: Sending good vibes to you and your gerbil.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm so sorry Trematode. It is amazing how such a small animal can become such a big part of our lives. And just because they're small doesn't mean we love them any less. Sending good thoughts your and your gerbil's way. :(

I know he's just a little guy... but I guess with the stress of the exam and him not doing well (and me not being able to do anything for him right this moment) has me wanting to cry.

I am trying to write an email to my prof: If my gerbil survives the night and I have to take him to the veterinarian, I do not know if I will be able to make your exam.

F****.

I know he's just a little guy...

There's nothing wrong with being attached to your pets, no matter what they are. One of my friends here is in love with her iguanas and to some people, those aren't pets but to her they mean the world.

Kaydubs: if you're still online, do you know if it is worth calling the emergency clinic? Their website says it is not open 24 hours, but do you think it would be likely that someone would be in?

Call the Metro Animal Emergency Clinic. Idk if any of the vets could help with gerbils but it wouldn't hurt to call. I can PM the number if you don't have it.

Kaydubs: if you're still online, do you know if it is worth calling the emergency clinic? Their website says it is not open 24 hours, but do you think it would be likely that someone would be in?

No idea which vet clinic you're talking about- but usually the answering machine will give you the # for an emerg clinic, or an on call number for emergencies if you haven't got a 24h clinic around. Good luck with the little guy :(

The emerg clinic told me to bring him in because of his breathing.
I am soooo glad I did because his breathing was so bad that the vet suggested oxygen if I decided to diagnose.
With him being almost 3 (and heart failure looking like the most likely suspect), I opted for euthanasia.

This is the first time I have had to make this decision for an animal. We lost our family cat two summers ago, but I was away for work and did not get a chance too see her before she was put down.

I am emotionally exhausted. I have a headache coming on. And a huge midterm tomorrow that I have to do well on for vet school. I already did poorly on one this week. I haven't slept much since Sunday with all of the assignments and studying I had to do. I just want to pull the sheets up over my eyes and not set an alarm for the morning. In 5 minutes, I'll hit the books. If can't wrap my head around the study material, I have bill sitting here for a euthanasia 12 hours post-exam. I want to say F*** it, sleep in and see if I can write it on Friday before I go to the conference. I also don't want to write another exam on no sleep, do badly and f*** up my chance of erasing that 57% on my vet school application.

I hope this is my last rant for a long time.

Gosh Trematode I am so very sorry!!! You made a brave, selfless decision. I wish I had been braver when I had to put my kitty down. She was 24 and I should have made the decision 6 months prior. You are in my thoughts and even though you are so spent I have faith you will do well on your exam. hang in there Trematode. Hugs and love your way.

Tremetode I am so sorry about your little guy :(

So sorry Trematode :( Hang in there.... you did the right thing and I hope you get the strength to do well on your exam.

I'm sorry about your hamster Trematode, that sucks :(
If hamsters thought about that kind of thing I'm sure he would want you to kick this exam's ass! Hang in there.

I'm so sorry Trematode. It's hard to explain to someone how much a pet can mean to us, even if it is a gerbil or iguana. Maybe you can show your teacher the documentation of the late night vet visit and ask to take it after you've had some time to sleep? I'm very sorry for your loss and hope your exam goes well.

Thanks guys :)
I am... so...tired. :sleep
I got some studying last done... the material does not seem as bad as I had thought. Just wishing I had the extra 3 hours earlier in the evening to study and did not have deal with gerbilly things.
The vet thought it was likely heart failure (poor guy was bleeding from his nose... and not the red pigment that rodents get when they are stressed) so I am sooo happy I took him in. But when I went to show him to the receptionist, he stood up on his gerbilly hind legs and started knawing at the cardboard box I put in there with him. He was too sick to eat, drink, breathe or run, but he had no problems attempting home renovations. I feel like crying when I think back to that. Ah well, when I got them, they were in the hands of two very uneducated owners, so I feel like I gave him a good life.

Time to get dressed, eat breakfast, dose myself with caffeine and wake my roommate up (who was nice enough to drive me to emerge at midnight) so he can drive me to the library (yay transit strike!).

Sorry Trem. I'm glad your little guy isn't in pain anymore. He was lucky to have you for a mom :thumbup:.

My rant/warning:

Panic attack in 5...4...3... :scared:
I have never had so many life altering decisions to make at one time. Between what school I want to attend, which classes I need to take based on that decision (that I can't make), the fact that 4 of them aren't guarantees, a roommate wanting to sign a lease soon (in a town where I might not even go to school), whether my 4 year relationship is coming to vet school or being left behind, whether to tell my job yet so they don't let me go 4 months early... add on top of that, my job is full of tough decisions all day long (that are monitored by the FDA :eek:), audits are happening all week, and I can't even chose what I want to wear today! :boom:
I haven't had a panic attack in almost 5 years, but I definitely feel one coming on at some point. I know that all of these decisions are for an awesome thing, but this is just BLEH! I can't even decide what to order at restaurants without worrying I will chose the wrong dish :rolleyes: My bf literally prints out menus and makes me decide before we even leave the house :laugh: So although this may seem silly to many of you, it is stressing me the f*** out! Mostly bc I just can't take 3 classes and work 50 hours a week while trying to move. So I need to make a decision... I HATE DECISIONS!!!!!:mad:
Must... stay... calm :bang:
:wtf::diebanana:

If it's not *my* skin, who cares???

I only get maybe 1-2 poppable pimples a year, and it takes an incredible amount of stress for it to happen. That is why I make do with my SO's backne. Ish okay, any scarring is covered by his backhair :rolleyes:. We've yet to encounter any major ill effects from my zit popping.

Once in a while, if I'm really bored in lecture, I'll bust out the zit popper game. It's really hard to beat without a mouse.
You guys need to check out this thread for more zit-ty disgusting stuff:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=531070

Sorry for your loss, Trematode :( If you need anything at all you know where to find me.

Ok, so my rant a few minutes ago???? Just turned into RAVE!! I :love: the admissions departments at all these schools!!!!! :love:

Thanks for letting me vent y'all! :)

I know I shouldn't be complaining b/c I got into my 1st and 2nd choice schools, but I was soooooooo mad at my boyfriend last night....

I woke up in the middle of the night cuz, ya know, I've got a weak bladder. Well on my way to the bathroom I hear this loud beep noise about every ~30 seconds. I was pretty sure it was coming from out fire alarm. So I woke my boyfriend up to let him know, cuz the fire alarm was installed by the apartment landlord and I wasn't familiar with that type of alarm and wasn't sure if it was one of the dual fire/carbon monoxide alarms. My boyfriend crankily wakes up and I ask him about it and he doesn't know. So then he just goes back to sleep and I'm freaking out that it could be carbon monoxide poisoning. I'm fiddling with the alarm to try and take it off the ceiling and see if there are any instructions/information on it. I finally get it off the ceiling and learn that it is just the battery. And of course I can't figure out how to take the battery cuz it has this complicated mechanism for doing so, and the darn thing just keeps beeping loudly, but that doesn't stop my boyfriend from peacefully sleeping...

Well, we got it fixed now, but I'm beyond exhausted and am so over this day. :annoyed:

vapors.jpg

Ok, so my rant a few minutes ago???? Just turned into RAVE!! I :love: the admissions departments at all these schools!!!!! :love:

Thanks for letting me vent y'all! :)
1. What's the rave?
2. Are you a libra? Libras are notorious for not being able to make a decision. I know this to be true seeing how I am one!

1. What's the rave?
2. Are you a libra? Libras are notorious for not being able to make a decision. I know this to be true seeing how I am one!

haha, no I'm a stubborn Taurus :laugh:. The rave...
I am currently taking animal nutrition (for all schools), animal science (for UF), and still needed to take a second biochem for all the schools but FL(long story).
So basically I was either going to have to just choose FL and not take biochem, or take all 3 classes in hopes of still having a chance at the 5 other schools. So I called said schools and they all said my biochem was fine!! AHHHHH!!! :) So now I only have to take the two animal classes that I was planning on anyway, and STILL have a chance at the 5 other schools! :D YAY! Adding a third class to my schedule and finding the money to pay for it, was just not gonna happen when I had a guaranteed spot at FL. But now I still have choices, and I am THRILLED!

I would like to fall asleep at a decent hour and stay asleep for once :(

Well... off to go take a midterm having had no sleep.

I was alright with that first video, but then I watched one further down the page. Yet another reason I couldn't do human med. Abscess on an animal? Anytime! I just can't deal with people stuff. Humans are icky.

I was alright with that first video, but then I watched one further down the page. Yet another reason I couldn't do human med. Abscess on an animal? Anytime! I just can't deal with people stuff. Humans are icky.

This is exactly how I feel, but people never understand when I say it! Thank goodness someone else does! :laugh:

I could see it and I only have like 29 or something...so it's not a huge amount.

This is exactly how I feel, but people never understand when I say it! Thank goodness someone else does! :laugh:

I feel like fur/feathers help to soften the blow haha.

I always tell people that a smelly dog is just a dog that needs a bath, but a smelly person.... BARF!!!!

I posted a few days ago about my eukaryotic cell bio class and that I need to pass it to go onto vet school.
Someone from the vet school sent out an email yesterday about an alternative, easy cell bio course offered through UC Berkley extension if you don't think you'll pass the course at MSU. I would have to sign up by March 15th. Thing is, I am already paying for my course at MSU and am currently passing (barely), but I don't really know how the next few exams are going to go. So, I talked to my professor after class and we agreed that I would meet with her after break to review material that I'm having issues with. I knew everything there was to know for the last exam, and still didn't do too well. She said her exams aren't on recall, and info on her exams may have never been presented in class, but we should be able to figure it out through reasoning. UGH. She then told me that if I can't pass her class, I won't pass vet school. That definitely got to me.:(
I am going to talk to my parents about the UC Berkley class and see what they think. It's $800...