RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thankfully there are some good people over there - so I am just trying to avoid the others. Just honestly wasn't expecting someone to get so butthurt over a WW game. But such is life I guess...

:D
They have a name for it even. The Wall of Hate (WoH)

There are some chill people, but that is super lame that someone took it to PM to bitch at you. I have a couple of guesses as to who.

Members don't see this ad.

Thankfully there are some good people over there - so I am just trying to avoid the others. Just honestly wasn't expecting someone to get so butthurt over a WW game. But such is life I guess...

:D

Wow...you changed my name on the quote... HAHAHAHA

They have a name for it even. The Wall of Hate (WoH)

There are some chill people, but that is super lame that someone took it to PM to bitch at you. I have a couple of guesses as to who.

Really that is interesting - never heard of the WoH

TimeWarner said:
Wow...you changed my name on the quote... HAHAHAHA

Yeah I don't know how to multi-quote - so I have to paste it in anyhow, so figured you deserved a name change. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Really that is interesting - never heard of the WoH

Yeah I don't know how to multi-quote - so I have to paste it in anyhow, so figured you deserved a name change. :D

Pick the little quotation symbols right next to the normal 'quote' button for the first 1+ posts you want to quote, and then hit the regular 'quote' button for the final one. They'll all be in there. Just keep the brackets intact or you'll have that noobish /quote] stuff going on. :hungover:

People really get their panties in a wad about WW over there - don't let it bug you.

Such a small rant: But my hand hurts and is starting to swell.... Damn Cat. :(

Cat Bite? I got one the other night. My finger is huuuuge and numb-ish and ouchy. On antibiotics twice a day for the next week at least. Stupid cat.

I havent been on potter more for ages. I was one of the beta testers

I havent been on potter more for ages. I was one of the beta testers

I finished going through book 1 and now there's not a whole lot to do besides inadvertently explode the things I've bought with my limited galleons. I did get sorted into Gryffindor, though, so yay!

I finished going through book 1 and now there's not a whole lot to do besides inadvertently explode the things I've bought with my limited galleons. I did get sorted into Gryffindor, though, so yay!

Haha I did too. And I finished the first book on the first day lol. Sad

Pick the little quotation symbols right next to the normal 'quote' button for the first 1+ posts you want to quote, and then hit the regular 'quote' button for the final one. They'll all be in there. Just keep the brackets intact or you'll have that noobish /quote] stuff going on. :hungover:

People really get their panties in a wad about WW over there - don't let it bug you.

Good to know - that will come in handy! :D

i got hufflepuff-ed :( :( :(

So got blindsided today at work and was told that I would no longer be working after this Saturday in front of half the staff... Apparently one of the other techs is going to full time, and despite the fact that I only work 5 hours a week, they need to can me so they can give her hours. And she already works on Sat with me, so it really doesn't make much sense. They insist it's because I only work one shift a week, but no one sat down with me to talk about my schedule for the summer. I'm so furious. They just kept making crap excuses about why I wasn't going to work for them, but that they love me and think I'm fantastic. And the owner had the balls to tell me that I should just volunteer on Thursdays so I can get more surgery tech experience. I don't know, the whole thing was just really crappy, they have a horrible way of doing things. This is the second time in the last 3 months that they've cut everyone's hours to accommodate someone going full time. I'm just so upset right now, I was really counting on those hours, and I really like working in there. This just really sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
So got blindsided today at work and was told that I would no longer be working after this Saturday in front of half the staff... Apparently one of the other techs is going to full time, and despite the fact that I only work 5 hours a week, they need to can me so they can give her hours. And she already works on Sat with me, so it really doesn't make much sense. They insist it's because I only work one shift a week, but no one sat down with me to talk about my schedule for the summer. I'm so furious. They just kept making crap excuses about why I wasn't going to work for them, but that they love me and think I'm fantastic. And the owner had the balls to tell me that I should just volunteer on Thursdays so I can get more surgery tech experience. I don't know, the whole thing was just really crappy, they have a horrible way of doing things. This is the second time in the last 3 months that they've cut everyone's hours to accommodate someone going full time. I'm just so upset right now, I was really counting on those hours, and I really like working in there. This just really sucks.

I thought they are supposed to give you like two weeks unless you are out and out fired? That's ridiculous. And yeah, volunteer for free work. Psh. I vote for finding another job. That's just rude (coming from someone who lives from paycheck to paycheck)

I thought they are supposed to give you like two weeks unless you are out and out fired? That's ridiculous. And yeah, volunteer for free work. Psh. I vote for finding another job. That's just rude (coming from someone who lives from paycheck to paycheck)

I agree. I think that's insanely rude! How dare they want you to do the same work for free? :mad:

So sorry to hear this :(

That is terrible! :scared: I am sorry that happened.

:(

that's BS! and completely unprofessional doing it front of other staff members :mad:

That is total BS.

Thanks for the support guys. Much appreciated. I wish I could say I was surprised, but that's just kind of how things go there. Thankfully I have a second job (unfortunately working in the back half of the same place) for the summer, and they're willing to give me more hours. But I still have to see them several days a week. Now I make it sound more horrible than it is in front of half the staff. Half the staff =3 people haha. Oh and best part about the short notice, was that the office manager goes "well we only decided this last week". Well than why didn't I know last week?! Ugh, I'm getting all riled up again. Now I'm less mad and more disappointed, I actually really like it there. Arg.

I hope your hand is feeling better.

I got a cardboard cut on my finger. I just used hand sanitizer. :scared:

Alcohol in wounds is not fun.

Cat Bite? I got one the other night. My finger is huuuuge and numb-ish and ouchy. On antibiotics twice a day for the next week at least. Stupid cat.

Yes my hand and pinky finger are puffy. Antibiotics for 10 days, they my stomach hurt...:(

That really sucks I'm so sorry. I'm glad you have a bit of a backup though

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

First of all, wildcat, that is messed up. I can't believe they asked you to volunteer.
Second, DVM I hope your hand feels better soon!

Now for my mini-rant. My nose is so stopped up that it is affecting my taste. I was eating my favorite snack (peanut butter spread on Ritz crackers) and my peanut butter tasted like kinda like fish. I thought maybe it had gone bad but my husband said it tasted fine to him. :shrug: I guess it's just allergies.

What the hell? I just got a notice from my bank that I'm going to start being charged $7 a month for my account unless I maintain direct deposits of $500 a month or a balance of $1500. I just told a job that I work one day a week at to direct deposit to that account so I could start using it as sort of as savings account thing. I like another bank a lot better but the closest branch is a 40 minute drive, so I thought it would be nice to have a little money going somewhere more locally. Guess I'll be closing that account and opening up an account with someone else in the area.

What the hell? I just got a notice from my bank that I'm going to start being charged $7 a month for my account unless I maintain direct deposits of $500 a month or a balance of $1500. I just told a job that I work one day a week at to direct deposit to that account so I could start using it as sort of as savings account thing. I like another bank a lot better but the closest branch is a 40 minute drive, so I thought it would be nice to have a little money going somewhere more locally. Guess I'll be closing that account and opening up an account with someone else in the area.

Do you have Suntrust? I got that notice a few months ago.

Nope. I'm up north. This account is with Wells Fargo. The bank I love is TD and I just wish they were closer. I think I'm going to switch to Metro locally because they seem to have a lot of similar policies to TD.

Do you have any kind of credit unions near you? I love credit unions.. they are sometimes a nuisance in certain issues but they will never screw you over.

Nope. I'm up north. This account is with Wells Fargo. The bank I love is TD and I just wish they were closer. I think I'm going to switch to Metro locally because they seem to have a lot of similar policies to TD.

Yeah, I love my local bank because of the no fees, but they aren't in my vet school town, so I'm keeping my suntrust account open. :/

before you actually switch, you ought to try threatening them with switching because of that fee, see if they'll repeal it to keep you business.

before you actually switch, you ought to try threatening them with switching because of that fee, see if they'll repeal it to keep you business.

I actually don't really like them that much. I currently have $10 in the account. Hahaha. I just haven't had a reason to close it yet and now I do. I guess I was going to hold onto since it's a bigger bank and thought it might be more common across the country if I had to move elsewhere for vet school. Another reason I love Penn. There is a TD branch right across the street.

Main reason for not liking them, is because when someone got my mom's account information and purchased something, they decided to use the money in my account to pay her overdraft/coverage fee or whatever just because she's a co-signer on my account. Also, about 2 weeks later, someone also got my account info, so we think it was an inside job because we think it's too coincidental that two people in the same household got their accounts frozen within a few weeks of each other. Especially when this bank isn't the one my mom and I normally use for purchases.

Do you have any kind of credit unions near you? I love credit unions.. they are sometimes a nuisance in certain issues but they will never screw you over.

I've heard that, but I never really looked into it. We definitely have a few around, but I just can't think of who they are off the top of my head.

I use M&T and really like them. Got my account when I moved to central PA for college?

A little late, but it kind of sounds like the place I work at. They laid me off the day before all my interviews started. They at least did it in a different room, but I still don't think it was handled all that well. I was also told I could still volunteer, which I did and put in full 8 hour days because I'm nice and know that they need the help. They hired me back about a month ago because their other FT surgery tech left, so I'm filling in until they find someone else. I was supposed to get a dollar raise, but haven't and I'm still working PT when I feel like I could be doing FT since that's what the other person did. I know I'm not as qualified, but wouldn't it be better to have me working FT than having the other person constantly getting OT?? Anywho, so sorry that a similar thing has happened to you. Keep your chin up!

A little late, but it kind of sounds like the place I work at. They laid me off the day before all my interviews started. They at least did it in a different room, but I still don't think it was handled all that well. I was also told I could still volunteer, which I did and put in full 8 hour days because I'm nice and know that they need the help. They hired me back about a month ago because their other FT surgery tech left, so I'm filling in until they find someone else. I was supposed to get a dollar raise, but haven't and I'm still working PT when I feel like I could be doing FT since that's what the other person did. I know I'm not as qualified, but wouldn't it be better to have me working FT than having the other person constantly getting OT?? Anywho, so sorry that a similar thing has happened to you. Keep your chin up!

I think they smell blood like sharks when a prospective vet student shows up with a resume.

I've been at my job for more than a year, but I've still never gotten a raise, an offer of benefits, or any kind of performance evaluation. I'm the first person they call when someone is sick and they need a shift filled, yet also the first person to be dropped from the schedule when it's slow. The first person to be asked to stay late if it's busy, yet the first person asked to go home early if it's not.

I think they know you'll put up with pretty much anything while you're chasing that recommendation letter. It's not like you can just pick up and move on, and write off that entire period of employment with no letter from the practice.

I think they smell blood like sharks when a prospective vet student shows up with a resume.

I've been at my job for more than a year, but I've still never gotten a raise, an offer of benefits, or any kind of performance evaluation. I'm the first person they call when someone is sick and they need a shift filled, yet also the first person to be dropped from the schedule when it's slow. The first person to be asked to stay late if it's busy, yet the first person asked to go home early if it's not.

I think they know you'll put up with pretty much anything while you're chasing that recommendation letter. It's not like you can just pick up and move on, and write off that entire period of employment with no letter from the practice.

You're probably right. I mean I'm still looking for jobs elsewhere even though they now know I deferred for the year. They've already interviewed one person, and I know of potentially two more, so I really don't want to get screwed over again. So far, no luck. =(

Even more proof that I'll do anything. I started interning at an equine practice. They recently hired me for the summer so that I can basically clean, file paper work and do fecals for them. Which I'm kind of only accepting cause it's only one day a week and I get paid more than at my PT job. I'd do some of that for free if I still got to ride along at times, but the only way that is happening is if I come in on one of my day's off.

Last edited:
My grandpa fell off a tractor, broke his collarbone and some ribs, partially collapsed a lung, and is isolated in the middle of Arizona.

School has been a complete ****show since last week. I just... I can't even describe the things happening. It's like we have entered the twilight zone.

I want off this ride. I just need like 5 minutes to catch my breath.

You're probably right. I mean I'm still looking for jobs elsewhere even though they now know I deferred for the year. They've already interviewed one person, and I know of potentially two more, so I really don't want to get screwed over again. So far, no luck. =(

Even more proof that I'll do anything. I started interning at an equine practice. They recently hired me for the summer so that I can basically clean, file paper work and due fecals for them. Which I'm kind of only accepting cause it's only one day a week and I get paid more than at my PT job. I'd do some of that for free if I still got to ride along at times, but the only way that is happening is if I come in on one of my day's off.

I really envy the folks on here who have a legitimate mentor.

At every pre-vet job I've had, it's a constant battle to make sure that I get at least 30 minutes of weekly exposure to anything that isn't tech work. I know it counts, and its ultimately useful experience, but, christ... there's no need to give me the gasface, like I'm wasting your time, any time I ask for clarification of anything that's actually veterinary in nature. They know why I'm there. If they don't want to fill that role, don't hire me.

At every pre-vet job I've had, it's a constant battle to make sure that I get at least 30 minutes of weekly exposure to anything that isn't tech work. I know it counts, and its ultimately useful experience, but, christ... there's no need to give me the gasface, like I'm wasting your time, any time I ask for clarification of anything that's actually veterinary in nature. They know why I'm there. If they don't want to fill that role, don't hire me.

It's very difficult to find mentorship in an SA job. I found the most value and have the best relationship with a LA vet I volunteered for.

Like the rest of you, my SA bosses were terrible and screwed me over relentlessly because they could.

Look somewhere else for the educational and emotional fulfillment. Play the game, work there, get into school, THEN spend time with the people actually invested in your future. It sucks.

Sorry guys. We've all been there.

The vet's are pretty nice to me really. It's the people more in charge of running the shelter/clinic (it's a humane society) that are kind of iffy. Overall, people aren't really thrilled with how it's being run. After I got laid off, the one vet who I'm not really close to said that it was important to him that I ask for a LOR if needed. Of course being the emotional mess that I tend to be, I started crying which freaked him out more. Haha.

And I know one vet who would be a pretty good mentor for me but he lives like 2 hours away, so it's not really feasible.

The vet's are pretty nice to me really. It's the people more in charge of running the shelter/clinic (it's a humane society) that are kind of iffy. Overall, people aren't really thrilled with how it's being run. After I got laid off, the one vet who I'm not really close to said that it was important to him that I ask for a LOR if needed. Of course being the emotional mess that I tend to be, I started crying which freaked him out more. Haha.

And I know one vet who would be a pretty good mentor for me but he lives like 2 hours away, so it's not really feasible.

So.... can I move in with you and volunteer/work under that vet? I need SA experience and NO ONE and I mean NO ONE in a practice wants volunteers and every shelter has a MILLION volunteers. I am trying though, working my tokus off trying to get that experience.

So.... can I move in with you and volunteer/work under that vet? I need SA experience and NO ONE and I mean NO ONE in a practice wants volunteers and every shelter has a MILLION volunteers. I am trying though, working my tokus off trying to get that experience.

Haha. Sure! I think people come to the clinic/shelter I work for because we say we have an actual internship on our website, which I wish I knew like 4 years ago. I started out as an intern and was hired within a month. We currently have three other interns and seem to keep adding new ones. You start off just kind of observing and help clean examination rooms and drawing up vaccines, but once you prove you can sweep and do that, they start teaching you other stuff. They redid the "intern goals" sheet and I think they're really going to start following it to teach everyone things better. I definitely had a hard time finding places to shadow. I sent out letters to a bunch of people while I was abroad and nothing worked out. The only reason I had some experience during my first application was because of the my aunt's brother-in-law is a vet and he let me live with him for a week. And another office let me come in a few times and observe surgeries, so I got a bit there, but it took effort. I swear I'm going to be more open to students when I'm a vet...although I'm sure other's have said that before too...