RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I should know better than to date guys that much younger than me. :mad: sigh

Members don't see this ad.

Really, really frustrating day.

Stayed up until 3am Sunday night(Monday morning)finishing a 12 page report for bio. Saved it and went to bed. Woke up this morning to print it and I swear the thing disapeared from my laptop like it NEVER EVEN HAPPENED. What the heck! Tech savy BF ouldnt even find it! I opened lab partners paper from an email attatchment and added to it (almost 8 pages) and I SWEAR I saved it. I ended up having to re write it and send it to lab partnerfor her to print and turn in in class. I missed Bio lecture and lab this morning retyping it.

Then I printed out and then forgot my chem lab that we are doing tonight....left it right on my kitchen table. Get to lab and make do copying all of partners lab onto seperate sheet. Well turns out the gas in the entire building was off and we couldn't even do the lab.

After all that crap, no lab!

And then I get home tonight just wanting to go to bed and find out through facebook that one of my FAVORITE AUTHORS was doing a book signing today at my college and I didn't even know. I WAS IN THE SAME BUILDING AS GARTH STEIN AND DIDN'T KNOW IT.

Wahhhhhhh just wahhhhh I need a wahmbulance to deliver me a wahmburger and french cries.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to sit with my behavior dog only to find out she was put down. I wish they would have told me so I could've said goodbye.

I'm really really sorry. You're at a shelter, right? I've had that happen to me once and now I write huge memos in our computer system that will pop up and say "SEE (MY NAME) BEFORE PTS!" Do y'all work with a computer system?

I wish my grandfather would stop screaming at me and telling me I'm idiot and going into this blindly because I've told him I can't "fake poor to get into veterinary school and have my way paid for free." He's under the impression I can get scholarships, investors, a good deal of financial assistance and become someone's paid apprentice and graduate with <100k debt. It's driving me mental because he's bombarding me with e-mails, phone calls, etc. to talk about it and is not listening to me when I tell him there is no full ride through veterinary school! The reality is even with a shoddy amount of financial aid, you're still graduating with a significant amount of debt! Even with scholarships! And he's convinced one of my vets will pay for me if I promise I'll work at their firm after I graduate. What vet has the money to pay for another student to go through vet school? Ugh. :mad: He's just driving me absolutely bonkers and is making me feel like an idiot when I'm not even the one in the wrong here! We're going to meet with the academic advisor in April and while a part of me is grateful she'll slap him in the face with reality, another part of me doesn't want to deal with the tears and emotional abuse that are practically inevitable. He's taken the reigns on this whole vet school thing, to the point that he's effing calling all the schools and he doesn't even know what he's talking about. Maybe he can leave that up to me when I start preparing my applications and maybe he can accept that my research on this that comes from websites, e-mail exchanges with admissions, students (current, pre- and post-), and professionals has been a bit more extensive than his Google searches which don't even direct him to the veterinary colleges!

tl;dr: My grandfather is convinced I'm unprepared, ill-researched and going into this blindly because I've told him I can't get a free ride through vet school.

Why do people have to turn a situation awkward by asking why I'm not drinking at a get-together?

I don't make a big deal about it. I don't insult those who choose to drink, but on numerous occasions people just have to ask -some innocently, some rather condescendingly.

I do drink, just not often and definitely not amongst people I'm not very familiar with or when my only means of getting home is my car. I have a whole cabinet filled with expensive hard liquors, some exotic stuff too I've picked up in South America. I hate beer. I'm not a huge fan of wine. Guess what tends to be the most popular alcoholic fare at these occasions?

.. but I swear, it's almost more acceptable for me to say "religion" than to say "personal preference." :rolleyes:

Thanks for the vitamin advice.
I started slowing weaning myself back into the ones that I don't think are making me sick. I took the two rhodiola and D today. Tomorrow I will try the tyrosine!

Thanks for the heads up on the niacin. I was taking the non-flush kind with no issues for a long time. I only had a couple of the flushing kind because it is really uncomfortable. So I was taking 500 mg niacin tablets. Good to know that it might be one of the culprits!

Dear Walmart shoppers that shop next to where I work,

I park far away from Walmart to avoid you. Please do not park near me so you can ding my car with the shopping carts you can't be bothered to put away.

Sincerely,
About to key your cars

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do people have to turn a situation awkward by asking why I'm not drinking at a get-together?

I don't make a big deal about it. I don't insult those who choose to drink, but on numerous occasions people just have to ask -some innocently, some rather condescendingly.

I do drink, just not often and definitely not amongst people I'm not very familiar with or when my only means of getting home is my car. I have a whole cabinet filled with expensive hard liquors, some exotic stuff too I've picked up in South America. I hate beer. I'm not a huge fan of wine. Guess what tends to be the most popular alcoholic fare at these occasions?

.. but I swear, it's almost more acceptable for me to say "religion" than to say "personal preference." :rolleyes:

Haha. I hear you. I don't drink at all (personal preference over anything else) and never have, and I often get people asking, commenting and then trying to convince me to get drunk. I've never tried using the religion line... I wonder if that would stop the convincing bit of the conversan that always ends in frustration for everyone. :p

I park far away from Walmart to avoid you. Please do not park near me so you can ding my car with the shopping carts you can't be bothered to put away.

Sincerely,
About to key your cars

I would be so mad....:mad: I always park at the far end of the parking lot to avoid these lazy, inconsiderate shoppers. They're the worst.

Sincerely,
About to key your cars

We've been having (just a few, but still) problems with our private parking lot from clients opening their doors into other cars or banging carriers against cars (also, poor kitty). Our lot is two cars deep so staff park in front and clients can go behind us, so that clients don't get blocked in. It's nice that we have our own lot and free parking and everything, but, ugh, it's frustrating.

$250 per appointment?! :eek: Holy crap, and to think, I ran screaming away from a naturopathic doctor's website because the fee was $150!

Yup. The 1.5 hour initial consult was $250. The follow up was $80.

They only covered my $20 B-12 injection.

I got further on $400 than I did the last 2 years visiting MDs. I was checked for thyroid, diabetes, arthritis and had my heart checked. My thesis supervisor gave me a few talks about how lazy I am and didn't pay much attention to me when I said I fall asleep or I get brain fog when I try to study. "You want to be a vet. I cannot understand why you are not doing well in anatomy. Maybe you should think about what you want to do." I cannot physically read the long list of muscles let alone memorize them :( I didn't know why. Just that I couldn't. It sucked.

I visit the naturopath, who pokes me with a needle, and I regained some of my energy. Before my B-12 injection, I was making mistakes at work and crashing immediately after coming home from work. I cook, I clean, I have more fun and my brain fog has diminished. It is great. I just need to figure out why I am not at 100% yet.

Thanks for the vitamin advice.
I started slowing weaning myself back into the ones that I don't think are making me sick. I took the two rhodiola and D today. Tomorrow I will try the tyrosine!

Thanks for the heads up on the niacin. I was taking the non-flush kind with no issues for a long time. I only had a couple of the flushing kind because it is really uncomfortable. So I was taking 500 mg niacin tablets. Good to know that it might be one of the culprits!

I've had to take meds in the past that made me nauseated, and the best thing I found to deal with it was eating something with lots of ginger immediately. A gingersnap, or a bite of gingery rice, or even a pinch of grated ginger. It always, every single time, prevented me from throwing up and almost always made the nausea vanish within seconds.

I hope you figure out something that works for you soon! It sucks so much when the cure for what ails you also ails you.

Add me to the constantly tired, though. Mines mostly in relation to pure exhaustion. I go to grad school full time plus work a full time over night job. :sleep:

I love my job but I literally can not handle 14 hour over nights any more there are only three of these shifts a week and two of those three are occupied by me. Then forbid I ask for a day off no one in there right mind wants to pick up a 14 hour over night. Plus if I was sick or something I absolutely can not find coverage. I'm like over it we are so busy almost all the time and its usually on the weekends on the over night. I run balls to the wall all the time then I'm expected to do this cleaning list every week. Yeah let me stop the conveyor belt of dying patients so that I can scrub the mop bucket. Then we are allowed to come clock in to clean on our days off. When do you want me to do that? Oh during the time I'm in school or sacked out for a couple hours sleep? I HATE weekends......

Let me add that I virtually run coffee and had completely eliminated soda from my diets but its creeping back in as an additional source of caffeine and my digestive system hates me for it.

Cripes, you're still going on about this :laugh:

Thanks guys :rolleyes:

tumblr_mdg0bneEaz1r5sdkh.gif

Lol. It's easy to assume that people on here are female.

It's sure nice to have some male company around!

when tickets to an event say "7:00" on them, one would assume that's what time the concert starts. not that that's the door open time. been standing outside for over an hour and my feets hurt. and the event doesn't start till 8. dislike.

when tickets to an event say "7:00" on them, one would assume that's what time the concert starts. not that that's the door open time. been standing outside for over an hour and my feets hurt. and the event doesn't start till 8. dislike.

Easton Corbin? Oh and we should go see Jason Aldean. I think he will be in Tulsa on May 10th.

In my efforts to carefully shave around the blister on the back of my leg from new boots, I managed to cut myself in 4 other places :smack: ...now my leg is just one bloody mess.

Opps :rolleyes:

We had tickets to see "Wicked" in Orlando last weekend. The website said 2:00. We realized at 12:15 the tickets (which our friends had :rolleyes: ) said 1:00 :eek: They changed the website the morning of to reflect it. We were not happy as we rushed to get there.
Speaking of concerts though, I'm seeing my boo, Miranda and Dierks Saturday! :claps:

Done with tests, just a couple classes in between me and spring break... and I'm sick. Headache, sore throat and hacking my little lungs away. f.

This has now upgraded to "haha your throat is made of sandpaper, nobody wants to breathe our of both nostrils, and here's a pounding headache." Thanks, body. That's how I want to spend break.

Sorry to hear that, Dyachei. I get to spend my first day of spring break at doctor appointments :cool:

I feel your pain, Dyachei. I hate the feeling of not getting a job.
Sometimes I want to shake the interviewer and scream "Why not me?!?!?"

awww boo! they don't know what they're missing dyachei!

Sorry dyachei, that sucks!

My rant: I am sick. I am on my period. I am alone all day. And it is my birthday. I have not a single friend in town except my SO, and he is required to present a poster at a poster session for prospective grad students till 7:00 tonight, and it might go late. He valiently tried to get out of it, but he's from a small lab and the other grad students were either out of town all week or (in one case) probably still smashed after doing somewhat poorly on her QEs. If he gets home early enough, and I'm not coughing up my lungs, we'll go out to dinner, but this is seriously not how I wanted my birthday to go.

On the bright side, I have presents to rave about!

Sorry dyachei, that sucks!

My rant: I am sick. I am on my period. I am alone all day. And it is my birthday. I have not a single friend in town except my SO, and he is required to present a poster at a poster session for prospective grad students till 7:00 tonight, and it might go late. He valiently tried to get out of it, but he's from a small lab and the other grad students were either out of town all week or (in one case) probably still smashed after doing somewhat poorly on her QEs. If he gets home early enough, and I'm not coughing up my lungs, we'll go out to dinner, but this is seriously not how I wanted my birthday to go.

On the bright side, I have presents to rave about!

Happy Birthday!!! :hardy:

I hope you are feeling better soon. :luck: