RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why do I only ever attract nerds? Seriously. :rolleyes:

I love my nerd. I am hoping that his nerdiness as an MD will make me rich:naughty:...heh jk..kinda

Members don't see this ad.

You say that like they're all bad. :p

I love my nerd. I am hoping that his nerdiness as an MD will make me rich:naughty:...heh jk..kinda

I love my nerd too, but sometimes the nerdiness is irritating. Like when he's been playing LoL for the past 3 hours and getting him to look away from his computer for more than 5 seconds becomes a battle of wills. :rolleyes:

I love my nerd too, but sometimes the nerdiness is irritating. Like when he's been playing LoL for the past 3 hours and getting him to look away from his computer for more than 5 seconds becomes a battle of wills. :rolleyes:

Okay, mine does not play computer games. I could definitely see how that could be annoying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently honesty and modesty are not great qualities to have when searching for internships. Not that this is new information to me.

I got cut from two government internships because, while I was qualified, I didn't check enough boxes about my animal handling and phlebotomy skills. Makes me wonder how many people lie/exaggerate and just click every box? I, personally, may not have drawn blood on lots of different animals (I've watched it done), but I'm willing to learn. I have no fears about approaching large animals and jabbing them with needles.

I hope that I do better with some of the other internships, though really, I desperately want one that is field based and not lab or office based. :(

I still have my hopes on the Ohio and Florida ones. Local vs. entomology based...... either way I get to touch animals.

Another crazy shift on the overnight ER. I vow when im a doctors I will be able to be self sufficient and know where everything is and how to trouble shoot the tech jobs Iike the fluid pumps.

Apparently honesty and modesty are not great qualities to have when searching for internships. Not that this is new information to me.

I got cut from two government internships because, while I was qualified, I didn't check enough boxes about my animal handling and phlebotomy skills. Makes me wonder how many people lie/exaggerate and just click every box? I, personally, may not have drawn blood on lots of different animals (I've watched it done), but I'm willing to learn. I have no fears about approaching large animals and jabbing them with needles.

I hope that I do better with some of the other internships, though really, I desperately want one that is field based and not lab or office based. :(

I still have my hopes on the Ohio and Florida ones. Local vs. entomology based...... either way I get to touch animals.

Fake it till you make it.

This always drives me nuts. I've been turned down for so many jobs because I don't know how to draw blood or place catheters. Otherwise I'm perfectly qualified for those jobs. It's not like it's a super difficult skill to learn either, you just need someone to take a few minutes out of their day to show you what to do. :rolleyes:

Another crazy shift on the overnight ER. I vow when im a doctors I will be able to be self sufficient and know where everything is and how to trouble shoot the tech jobs Iike the fluid pumps.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

times like, a million!!!!

Nothing drives me more crazy than the nurses being run off our feet and the docs sitting there typing their notes as a pump beeps incessantly, acting as though nothing is happening...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

times like, a million!!!!

Nothing drives me more crazy than the nurses being run off our feet and the docs sitting there typing their notes as a pump beeps incessantly, acting as though nothing is happening...

:thumbup:

Omigosh, YES!

I have a brick in my rat cage. It supposedly helps wear down their nails.

I put it on top of the cage while I was cleaning it. I didn't want to set it on the floor because I thought it would scratch it...

It fell and it dented the floor.

:/

I went into work today to pick up my paycheck and ended up getting sucked into helping with an emergency c-section on a BMD. Well, at least c-sections are fun to do. 10 puppies and mom and pups are doing great. I got a few hours of work in today, too.

Working alone in the barn today. So. Tired. Can't wait to quit. :p

Having more issues with the electrical company here.... Just noticed that they doubled my monthly payment without asking me or telling me... it is set up on a direct debt (cancelled the direct debit... muhahaha), luckily I noticed it right away.... also, they are estimating my electrical charges at double of what I am using so according to them I owe money.... Going to call them next week to get this sorted out; there is really no point in calling right now... I have finals to worry about and they already took out their payment for this month. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
got the lowest grade on the test I choose to study for the most.

it sucks.

ive been having issues with my SO, and last night he ditched me to go riding with a friend of mine even though I specifically asked him to spend time with me. The next 3 weekends he's doing stuff without me, but apparently thats too much to ask.

So a close friend asked me to go out for drinks instead, and I told her I was super keen. She messaged me a couple of hours later saying she didn't think drinks was happening... and then was tagged with 3 of my friends at a bar a couple of hours later.

My closest guy friends couldnt be bothered to come round and hang out with me either.

I'm not usually so "poor little me noone likes me" but I've been going through a lot and I really didn't need to be kicked while I was down...

I worked so hard all week and was looking forward to going out for some drinks tonight. BAM. Raging sore throat.

Last edited:
Having more issues with the electrical company here.... Just noticed that they doubled my monthly payment without asking me or telling me... it is set up on a direct debt (cancelled the direct debit... muhahaha), luckily I noticed it right away.... also, they are estimating my electrical charges at double of what I am using so according to them I owe money.... Going to call them next week to get this sorted out; there is really no point in calling right now... I have finals to worry about and they already took out their payment for this month. :rolleyes:

Do they let you report your own meter reading, to avoid over or under-estimation?

I worked so hard all week and was looking forward to going out for some drinks tonight. BAM. Raging sore throat.

Nyquil :love:

If I take it and force myself to stay up for an hour, then I feel like I've gone out for drinks, when i actually go to bed. :D

Laying in bed with the bf last night, quietly reading a book and minding my own business, when I feel a little lump of something under my right foot. Bf has a strange habit of just dropping things on the bed and then leaving them there for days - clothing, phone, keys, etc - so I really didn't think anything of it. Wrapped my toes around it and pulled it up to where I could see it.

It was a bug. A really big gross one.

Then I pulled back the blankets and found legs. Just detached legs.

Sheets were very quickly changed and mattress thoroughly inspected before we were able to get back in bed. :barf:

Laying in bed with the bf last night, quietly reading a book and minding my own business, when I feel a little lump of something under my right foot. Bf has a strange habit of just dropping things on the bed and then leaving them there for days - clothing, phone, keys, etc - so I really didn't think anything of it. Wrapped my toes around it and pulled it up to where I could see it.

Then I pulled back the blankets and found legs. Just detached legs.

Sheets were very quickly changed and mattress thoroughly inspected before we were able to get back in bed. :barf:

Omg. Eep!

Was it this thing?

081506_034.jpg

I accidentally killed one in my bed a few months ago too. It made everything stink including my pillows, which couldn't be changed!

Was it this thing?

081506_034.jpg

I accidentally killed one in my bed a few months ago too. It made everything stink including my pillows, which couldn't be changed!

No, though I do get a TON of those disgusting things in my apartment.

I'm not really sure what this one was. Had a body almost like a wasp, but it was not a wasp. It was partially crushed after I grabbed it with my toes :)barf:) and I wasn't too keen on inspecting it.

I'm not really sure what this one was. Had a body almost like a wasp, but it was not a wasp. It was partially crushed after I grabbed it with my toes :)barf:) and I wasn't too keen on inspecting it.

Ewwwwwwww I think the worst bit is not knowing where the legs are if they get detached. :scared: At least it wasn't a spider.

:scared: Just thinking about crushing a bug between my toes makes me wanna :barf:... and then maybe go live in a bubble.

No, thank God. I think I would have a heart attack if I found that in my bed! Whatever it was, it was not quite that scary.

I really don't do well with bugs. Obviously. :laugh:

Awww, but insects are really cool. Although i wouldn't rally want to squish one between me toes either. I blame my entomology professor senior year for making them intersting. I ended up caring enough about my pet cockroach for class that he got daily baths because he picked up a fungal infection...
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SDN Mobile

Same thing happened to me...Had plans to go out Friday and Saturday for drinks with my friends. I got a bad cold/sore throat and took some max strength sudafed = no drinks for me :(

So my friends decided that was the perfect opportunity to make me DD... Even more :(

Is anyone else's SDN acting funny? All the formatting is gone and everything looks weird. Been like this all day and it's driving me nuts!

I'm too tired to type out my entire rant. But my head is killing me. Ugh.

Everyone is getting sick! Ah! I hope everyone feels better!

I am way too busy with calculus and chem to sleep. =(

It's almost 2:30 in the morning and I can't get to sleep. yet again. This has been happening WAY too often as of late. :(

Saturday morning when I woke up my lower arm hurt and was swollen. It feels like there is something in there. Feels like what those foam (?) stress balls are made of. No clue where it came from but it still hurts. Working in the barn this weekend definitely didn't help.

Jumping on the medical issue train:

Been having some...woman-part issues. I called my gyno back home and also went into the health center on campus. They basically said that they could do nothing for me. Welp, here I am doubled over in pain. Sigh.

I wonder if there's a time in our lives when we ever feel prepared and 100% confident for finals? I've had a couple of those and always worry when I do; usually means I'm missing something, which cues anxiety all over again. :p

Jumping on the medical issue train:

Been having some...woman-part issues. I called my gyno back home and also went into the health center on campus. They basically said that they could do nothing for me. Welp, here I am doubled over in pain. Sigh.

I get pretty serious (doubled over) pain too and the only thing I've found that works is 550mg of Naproxen. I have an Rx for it but it's basically just 2 aleve. I'm allowed to take up to two in a 24 hour period :)

:sleep: Radiology...

And I can't find the stylus for my tablet...
And I also found another dog I'm interested in, but to adopt her, I need a coapplicant because I'm not 25...I understand, but that's also really obnoxious.

Not really a rant so much as an eyeroll, but . . .

Today a former friend of mine took her cat to the vet because it was shedding. :smack: