RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Apparently I'm "aimless" because I'm bored and not content to sit in bed staring at a computer screen all day. And I'm a praying mantis just waiting to bite someone's head off. And I'm uninteresting.

BF is just chock full of compliments tonight. :mad:

Boys are stupid. My husband asked me to vacuum the house tonight. I knew I wouldn't get home until 6, I have a ton of homework, and my ankles/feet were already swollen. I told him that my back hurt and that I have a lot of homework to do but I would try my best. He then proceeded to tell me that I am always full of excuses. Um, I'm 9 months pregnant. Yeah, I think that is a pretty good "excuse" to not vacuum tonight.

Members don't see this ad.

Boys are stupid. My husband asked me to vacuum the house tonight. I knew I wouldn't get home until 6, I have a ton of homework, and my ankles/feet were already swollen. I told him that my back hurt and that I have a lot of homework to do but I would try my best. He then proceeded to tell me that I am always full of excuses. Um, I'm 9 months pregnant. Yeah, I think that is a pretty good "excuse" to not vacuum tonight.

Ugh. That's pretty terrible.

I made it clear to mine yesterday that I did not want to spend all day today in bed on the internet. Today he's acting all irritated because I'm not content to sit and twiddle my thumbs while he plays LoL and looks at pictures of naked chicks on Reddit. I honestly just want to smack him sometimes. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
My SO just got Bioshock Infinite and missed my texts so I asked him if he was always going to ignore me when he got a new game. He said next time "We could make it something we do together so you don't feel left out - I play and you bring me a sandwich." :D

My SO just got Bioshock Infinite and missed my texts so I asked him if he was always going to ignore me when he got a new game. He said next time "We could make it something we do together so you don't feel left out - I play and you bring me a sandwich." :D

Ugh, I HATE that "bring me a sandwich" thing that men do now. I know it's meant as a joke but it still makes me angry.

Ugh, I HATE that "bring me a sandwich" thing that men do now. I know it's meant as a joke but it still makes me angry.

Well, you see, I have the upper hand in this one. My SO might say this, but in actuality he is the one who makes me food - sandwiches included. haha

It's better than "That's what she said..."

I used to get frustrated over the Reddit thing and then I became a Redditor too. Now we are both addicted and have actually bonded a little bit over silly internet things.

It's pretty frustrating when SO plays CounterStrike all night and then expects..attention...from me when he comes to bed. Uhm. How you gonna ignore me until 2am and then be mad when I say no and go back to sleep. Sigh. :rolleyes:

I sure do heart him though.

Soo annoyed right now. We switched internet providers because we were have major connection/speed issues. We're now having the same issue with Comcast. It's just super frustrating because it was working perfectly when we first got it like a month ago, and how we're at the point where we reset the modem literally like 5 times in a 20 minute period. It's currently telling me it's going to take about an hour to download and a 40 min audio clip of a lecture. :mad::mad::mad:

That's totally unacceptable. I had a clinician do that to me on one of my spays and it pissed me off because I was doing just fine and needed/wanted the practice of doing it myself. He said he just wanted to show me a trick he had at finding the uterine horn. He ended up doing half the spay while I just stood there saying "I would like to do this myself." I can't imagine being in a practice and having a colleague do that to me. I hope you said something to him.

I hate when clinicians do that to us too. I had one during a spay as well. I'm in a group of 2 so the clinicians always hover so much over us when we're doing surgery (no assistant like the other groups have) and it just takes the wrong type of teacher (aka a bad one) to try to 'show us' something and inadvertently screw up a learning opportunity.

Also during our cardiac ultrasound lab. I had found what I was trying to find and was trying to keep my slices evenly centered and he just came up and grabbed the probe and was like "here let me show you this" and what's even worse is that he stood between me and the screen so I couldn't even see what the hell he was talking about anyway.

My lab group said they were impressed with my restraint when he walked away because he did not end up with a black eye or a string of profanities, just some evil looks that he couldn't see because he was standing in front of me and looking at the screen.

"Friends' that apparently are not your friends when you are out drinking. Even though you walked in the door with them.

I am so over this stupid small town ****e. I love small towns, just not this small town. 4 more years. 4 more years.

I am worried about a good friend of mine and her employment search :(

First of all, it is difficult to find employment in my city. Just recently, the paper profiled a woman who moved here. She is a cabinetmaker by trade, but has experience in fast food, administration and money loan companies She sent our dozens of resumes in 2.5 months with only a single response, telling her they were not interested. Employers see applicants as just a number. Also, menial jobs are being taken up by people who won't to retire or graduates who cannot find work.

I can relate to this experience. Job hunting sucked. I really lucked out. None of the retail stores, fast food places of academic jobs I applied to bothered to even acknowledge that I applied.

My friend is desperately searching for work. She is the type of personality though that is going to have a very very tough time finding work that will take her on and that she will enjoy.

I really hate to say this, but she isn't the right type of person to be working in a lot of retail setting (think Claire's or American Eagle). She is very short, plain and quiet. When you walk into the stores she applied to, the women are bubbly and very particular about their appearance.

She refuses to work most fast food but has tried her luck at the chain coffee shops. Once again, she is very very quiet. She had worked in a grocery store prepared meals department for a summer and was let go because she couldn't handle the pace.

She is almost done an arts degree but it took her 7 years to do it. Her GPA is so low she is a risk of flunking out. She is too shy to talk to professors about jobs or seek out jobs on campus.

She had worked at a call centre for two summers and hated being left on her own in a cubical.

I offered to look over her resume and cover letter. I guess she got desperate and finally sent it to me. Her cover letter was a paragraph long and didn't discuss why she wanted X position and why she was suited for it. Her resume listed her junior high job of organizing books in library and all of her high school extracurriculars and awards. There were no extracurriculars and awards from university. The boyfriend and I cleaned that up for her.

I am really worried about her. She wants to work. She needs to work. She just has every little single thing going against her. I wish there was something I could do!

Members don't see this ad :)

9 months pregnant = that man should be vacuuming around your swollen ankles as you sit on the couch sipping a nice cold drink. Smack him.

Ugh. That's pretty terrible.

I made it clear to mine yesterday that I did not want to spend all day today in bed on the internet. Today he's acting all irritated because I'm not content to sit and twiddle my thumbs while he plays LoL and looks at pictures of naked chicks on Reddit. I honestly just want to smack him sometimes. :rolleyes:

The hubs can do whatever he wants on reddit on his own time (i.e. when I'm not home) but if I ever saw him browsing gonewild while I was home? I would smack him. Unacceptable.

Soo annoyed right now. We switched internet providers because we were have major connection/speed issues. We're now having the same issue with Comcast. It's just super frustrating because it was working perfectly when we first got it like a month ago, and how we're at the point where we reset the modem literally like 5 times in a 20 minute period. It's currently telling me it's going to take about an hour to download and a 40 min audio clip of a lecture. :mad::mad::mad:

I reeeeally hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this but here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0ilMx7k7mso
Maybe that will make you feel better? It has bad words in it so I didn't want to put the video in my post. But it's really freaking funny.

P.S. I don't actually smack my husband. I'm just in a big 'ol girl-power mood right now and that's what's coming out :laugh:

I'm the manager of our annual horse show this year. The show is tomorrow and I'm not ready yet. D:

Last night was awful.... could not sleep without having horrible nightmares and then once I did fall asleep somewhat peacefully (around 7AM), the kitten I am watching decided it was time to attack me and run through the flat knocking things down... I am getting fed up with this sleeping issue, it is not fun. :(

I'm the manager of our annual horse show this year. The show is tomorrow and I'm not ready yet. D:

That's how all horse shows feel, but they always somehow come together in the last few minutes before the show starts. So I'm sure it'll be awesome!

What kind of show is it?

That's how all horse shows feel, but they always somehow come together in the last few minutes before the show starts. So I'm sure it'll be awesome!

What kind of show is it?

It's a hunter show.

We're doing lots of stuff today and hopefully that'll make me feel better.. We still need food, more prizes and are low on volunteers..

It's a hunter show.

We're doing lots of stuff today and hopefully that'll make me feel better.. We still need food, more prizes and are low on volunteers..

Fun :) If I were closer, I'd volunteer to help. I love working at horse shows...no clue why cause it's a pretty thankless/stressful job, but I do. :laugh:

Good luck with everything! :luck:

Fun :) If I were closer, I'd volunteer to help. I love working at horse shows...no clue why cause it's a pretty thankless/stressful job, but I do. :laugh:

Good luck with everything! :luck:

I feel the same way. haha But being the one in charge... eh.. :eek:

I had a very detailed dream where I got a call from University of Illinois to take me off the waiting list (2 rejections, 2 waitlists were my outcome this, my first, cycle).

I got to have the feeling of knowing that I get to start this year. I got to let go of all the stress surrounding my Plan B preparations. I could count on not having to broach the subject of needing another letter of recommendation from my providers. I could announce to the world (i.e., facebook) how happy I was feeling. I cried tears of joy and danced around my apartment with my cat, Norman, and I stopped stressing so much over needing an A in physics because an A- or a B+/- would do just fine now.

And then I got to wake up. To the exterminator knocking on my door. :thumbdown:

I reeeeally hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this but here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0ilMx7k7mso
Maybe that will make you feel better? It has bad words in it so I didn't want to put the video in my post. But it's really freaking funny.

That was wayyyy to accurate for my liking. I might look into switching to a smaller company like PhillyNet or Clear. Granted, I'm starting to think it's something with our apartment/house since it's been two different companies and the same issue. And one as DSL and the other was cable internet.

****. My dog has every crystal known to man in her urine. So expensive urinary food it is. Not to mention high levels of protein without blood so hopefully that clears up or it might be leaking from the kidneys.

Worse, she has two calcified discs in her neck and she's super painful. This is the dog I've already spent over 4k on ruptured discs 3.5 years ago on a hemilaminectomy to get her ambulatory again.

She is on so many meds. And I've scheduled acupuncture. Praying those discs don't rupture into the spinal column.

****. My dog has every crystal known to man in her urine. So expensive urinary food it is. Not to mention high levels of protein without blood so hopefully that clears up or it might be leaking from the kidneys.

Worse, she has two calcified discs in her neck and she's super painful. This is the dog I've already spent over 4k on ruptured discs 3.5 years ago on a hemilaminectomy to get her ambulatory again.

She is on so many meds. And I've scheduled acupuncture. Praying those discs don't rupture into the spinal column.

sorry abney. and um, crate rest crate rest crate rest. Hoping she doesn't cost you a semester of vet school

A former premiere of Alberta has passed away. There were people who liked him and people who didn't, like all politicians. But when a person posts a FB status to pay their respects, I wish those who didn't agree with his political decisions would learn some manners and refrain from posting disrespectful comments. This wasn't a political debate, this was paying respect to who I thought was a great leader. I can't believe some people.....:mad: :(

Hey Abney, have you considered Laser therapy? We have a laser at our clinic, and although we haven't treated a case quite like your pups we do have a lot of knee injury cases(otherwise needing TPLO's) and even a dog with a degenerative auto immune disease that has had multiple back surgeries. It is a miracle worker, if there ever was one, a lot of our patients use it as an alternative to pain meds. O and can also help with bladder/UT inflammation. Jut a thought, :)

Hey Abney, have you considered Laser therapy? We have a laser at our clinic, and although we haven't treated a case quite like your pups we do have a lot of knee injury cases(otherwise needing TPLO's) and even a dog with a degenerative auto immune disease that has had multiple back surgeries. It is a miracle worker, if there ever was one, a lot of our patients use it as an alternative to pain meds. O and can also help with bladder/UT inflammation. Jut a thought, :)

Hmm. We don't have one but I can check around the area. Do you know if it's effective with intervertebral disc disease? That's what she has.

Today, I took my family, boyfriend and friend to a restaurant that serves local, organic produce and meat.

Guess what my dad, who had a heart attack, had?

Meat lovers pizza.

:(

I haven't seen him since Christmas. He looks older, bigger and sicker. And there is nothing I can do.

Hmm. We don't have one but I can check around the area. Do you know if it's effective with intervertebral disc disease? That's what she has.

looking into it, but from what I just read about the disease, it seems like it would be helpful, especially in the pain arena. The K-Laser works at the cellular level to create energy, thus increasing ATP production and helping with cell regeneration. This is why it has worked so well on our other patient that has that degenerative myelopathy. Anyways, I asked the doctor in charge with K-Laser, so we will see what he says!

looking into it, but from what I just read about the disease, it seems like it would be helpful, especially in the pain arena. The K-Laser works at the cellular level to create energy, thus increasing ATP production and helping with cell regeneration. This is why it has worked so well on our other patient that has that degenerative myelopathy. Anyways, I asked the doctor in charge with K-Laser, so we will see what he says!

Thank you!

Today, I took my family, boyfriend and friend to a restaurant that serves local, organic produce and meat.

Meat lovers pizza.

I haven't seen him since Christmas. He looks older, bigger and sicker. And there is nothing I can do.

I'm sorry Trem. :( I feel this way about my mom. I'm so scared I'm going to lose her early. She's so overweight and has to sleep with an apnea machine etc and she just doesn't take care of herself.

I'm sorry Trem. :( I feel this way about my mom. I'm so scared I'm going to lose her early. She's so overweight and has to sleep with an apnea machine etc and she just doesn't take care of herself.

My dad was recently diagnosed with apnea too :(

I kinda know how you feel.

I am having a difficult time dealing with it. No matter how hard I work at making myself healthy, I cannot give my good health to him. That stresses me out. Stress is bad.

Abney, I've seen laser used in IVDD dogs and (in my experience) with proper care + laser the results have been fantastic. I'd definitely recommend it.

Sent a package with my wedding invitations to my parents house. They say they haven't gotten it yet. Track the package and it says it arrived three days after shipping and a note was left with where to pick them up. First of all, you only tried once before sending it to the post office to be picked up? Second, my dad is home all day, not sure how he missed the delivery. Third, where is the slip of paper that should have been on the door three days post delivery (eight days ago)?

Also, I think it's getting to be time to euthanize my dog. Sigh:(

Meat lovers pizza.

I'm so sorry about this. :( I only see my parents once every few months and it's such a sad shock to be reminded of how they've aged and how it's only going to continue. (my cats, too- I left for the summer and they were fine and then 6 months later they were gone) I hope your dad gets healthier. :luck:

Meat lovers pizza.

This makes me so sad too. My Mom is trying to do healthier things, eat right loose weight, but my dad doesn't think its that big of a deal and seems to think its kind of a joke. I wish he could see how serious things will be for him in a few years...

I'm so sorry about this. :( I only see my parents once every few months and it's such a sad shock to be reminded of how they've aged and how it's only going to continue. (my cats, too- I left for the summer and they were fine and then 6 months later they were gone) I hope your dad gets healthier. :luck:

It got a little worse since I posted it.
He wouldn't try my quinoa salad I brought home for the family.

He handed my mom some juice he had bought. Pear-apple cocktail (added sugar). Mom saw it and grilled him for it.

When we went to visit his parents, my grandfather said "Looks like you've put on some weight!" "We'll, if I could just get off the damn prednisone..." I wanted to scream "It's not prednisone, dad. It's the Wendy's, meatlovers pizza and sugar-laden juice."

And the boyfriend sent me a message saying I looked incredibly disappointment and wished there was something he could do.

We are about to have supper. Looks like he's having seafood chowder, white rolls, diet pop and cherry loaf. I had to bring quinoa salad, a veggie burger and spinach salad from home.

TRH, you had a cocker I think? Sorry to hear about your puppy.

That Redhead- Sorry about your dog... you are in my thoughts.

Rant: Today, at a dog trial, I apparently accidentally entered the wrong Rally class :( I entered Rally Novice A instead of Advanced A, which sucks, since we earned our RN title back in October. But, we did end up getting 1st place in that class with a score of 98. Still, I wish it could have been a leg for our RA.

So tired and don't wanna work at all. And still a bit mad/upset with my mom.

I was so amazed when I went to my wife's apartment in princeton and downloaded lectures in literally a few seconds. I thought they must not have downloaded correctly because I was used to having to wait a minute or so minimum for each one in Philly.

West Philly needs a serious fiber optic upgrade.

Quickly found out that being involved in a WW game is a good way to piss off my BF to no end while he's here visiting...whoops