re-apply dental schools with a post bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheesesmile

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I applied for dent schools two years ago (didn't get in, 2.9 gpa), now i'm in a post bacc program, and finishing up the first year. i'm going to re apply this summer, and would like to welcome everyone to share their thoughts about post-bacc experience as a pre-dent. :)
I've been told dental schools really like post-bacc applicants, and was wondering if any of your know what the post bacc gpa they are looking for. i had 3.0 in the first semester, and improved to 3.75 the second semester, so overall is 3.375 for now.

Members don't see this ad.

A 3.375 in a postbacc does not look so good, especially when compared to students who are getting all A's.

does it matter if its an actual "post bacc" or just taking upper level year courses after graduation?

Members don't see this ad :)
does it matter if its an actual "post bacc" or just taking upper level year courses after graduation?
That depends on your situation. The lower your gpa, the more likely you should take an official program. If it is above a 3.2 I would just take upper level science courses a la carte. It would be cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I applied for dent schools two years ago (didn't get in, 2.9 gpa), now i'm in a post bacc program, and finishing up the first year. i'm going to re apply this summer, and would like to welcome everyone to share their thoughts about post-bacc experience as a pre-dent. :)
I've been told dental schools really like post-bacc applicants, and was wondering if any of your know what the post bacc gpa they are looking for. i had 3.0 in the first semester, and improved to 3.75 the second semester, so overall is 3.375 for now.
A 3.375 is low for post-bacc. Postbacc gpa below 3.7 is considered low (according to my postbacc adviser). Why did you get a low gpa your fist semester?