Re-take MCAT or settle with score I have for this cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That last bit of advice was great and racist. I will try to remove my blackness although I am sure it had nothing to do with the way I responded.
How was my advice racist...?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol i love this comment. You win this thread :claps:
I am less black than anything else so how does this apply. You don't know why I responded the way I did so don't blame race because it is easy.

You may want to seriously reevaluate going into a career dedicated to serving others. You clearly don't have sufficient respect for other people: you are throwing out insults at everyone and blew off credible advice multiple times (even advice from an ADCOM member).

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, stop responding to this thread. Half of this thread is filled with your posts, yet you want this thread to die.

Anyway, good luck with your application and cycle.
everyone knows the best way to kill something is with fire... the fire of a billion more posts...

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously, stop responding to this thread. Half of this thread is filled with your posts, yet you want this thread to die.

Anyway, good luck with your application and cycle.[/QUOTE

Why don't you address the others who obviously don't want this thread to die

This thread has made my boring day much more exciting.

Reactions: 5 users
You may want to seriously reevaluate going into a career dedicated to serving others. You clearly don't have sufficient respect for other people: you are throwing out insults at everyone and blew off credible advice multiple times (even advice from an ADCOM member).

when did I blow off credible advice? I never said what I decided to do so that doesn't even make sense.

when did I blow off credible advice? I never said what I decided to do so that doesn't even make sense.

If you really wanted to leave, you would have left 30 minutes ago. Yet you keep bumping your own post. Looking for attention or a fight.

People assume and are wrong and continue to give advice or talk **** after someone has clearly indicated he/she has received sufficient responses.

Members don't see this ad :)

"I work 60-70 hour weeks; I am entitled to some sort of a social life. I have made up my mind."

"Are you deaf, dumb or stupid? I ALREADY MADE MY DECISION so why keep responding to try and get a rise out of someone? Let things just be."

"That last bit of advice was great and racist. I will try to remove my blackness although I am sure it had nothing to do with the way I responded."

"This isn't medical school."

Reactions: 3 users
Goes both ways. I guess everyone responding wants this to continue.

Regardless of everything else, it's not ok to say things like "Why are black women always looking for a fight?" and "Looks like it's that time of the month"....

Everyone needs to calm down and go finish their secondaries.

Reactions: 11 users
"I work 60-70 hour weeks; I am entitled to some sort of a social life. I have made up my mind."

"Are you deaf, dumb or stupid? I ALREADY MADE MY DECISION so why keep responding to try and get a rise out of someone? Let things just be."

"That last bit of advice was great and racist. I will try to remove my blackness although I am sure it had nothing to do with the way I responded."

"This isn't medical school."

I used to think that way which is why I winged the test. I did the best I could under the circumstances. I work 2 jobs to help out my mom who can't work anymore. I worked my ass off through undergrad and still have a better GPA than anticipated with full time work. I have a plan to study and retake. I never said what my decision was about this cycle. So what did I blow off again?

You are wrong about that brain DNA comment you made this morning :smug:

Brain DNA comment...? Am I about to feel really dumb for not understanding something obvious/sarcasm/other complicated humor? :oops:

news flash: we have all eliminated our social lives for the MCAT at some point. Either make the sacrifice or don't expect to get in. But that's just my opinion...you can do whatever you want.
I already said that is how I thought. I know that I need to study this time around. It wasn't much time outside of work anyhow since I had very little free time. It wouldn't have been enough to efficiently study anyhow.

You see, THAT right there is why no one believes you have what it takes to hack this process.

Maturity, stable temperament, wit, and social skills are attributes that sorely lack in your comments.

Reactions: 2 users
you should start doing the practice tests a bit earlier, rather than wait till the end. Taking the test itself and going through the answers is also a way to study for content, plus it'll let you work on your pacing/timing.

So what. You said you were trying to help with your advice and that was a bull**** lie.

Im gonna be honest with you, you can't let people get to you this easily. You have to handle situations like this with maturity and class, you should have just walked away and took the high road, but from my experience of dealing with black women they usually have a problem doing that ( im a black male). Also the chip on your shoulder won't get you anywhere. Some people here have grew up poor and faced tough circumstances but carrying around anger and resentment won't help anything.

Please. Worse was said on this board. Grow a thicker skin.

Please. Worse was said on this board. Grow a thicker skin. Squeamish when male oriented activities are discussed, but menstruation and race are fair game.

Please. Worse was said on this board. Grow a thicker skin. Squeamish when male oriented activities are discussed, but menstruation and race are fair game.
Passed right by you, I see.

Don't worry. You're still really smart.

A bit off topic...though this thread isn't really on topic.

I'll agree with you on this point. It's becoming less and less socially okay to attribute anger/hurt/frustration to "that time of the month" and I'm happy to see social norms shift in that direction. Personally, I find off-hand speculations about my periods pretty offensive. Older men in positions of power (at least in science) have used such comments as an excuse to not take my (and other women's) complaints seriously.

Reactions: 11 users

I'll agree with you on this point. It's becoming less and less socially okay to attribute anger/hurt/frustration to "that time of the month" and I'm happy to see social norms shift in that direction. Personally, I find off-hand speculations about my periods pretty offensive. Older men in positions of power (at least in science) have used such comments as an excuse to not take my (and other women's) complaints seriously.

Way to completely brush away our small discussion. But i accept your defeat :smuggrin:

On topic, I dont know what you ended up deciding on OP but I think you should retake it. I think you can top a 24 and have a better chance. All the best to you.

Also, I agree with the sentiment that I dont like how everyone here feels they have the right to tell people theyre entitled and what they are and aren't cut out for.

Best of luck

Who is that in your avatar?
I always wondered but never found such a meaningless thread to ask it in.

On topic, I dont know what you ended up deciding on OP but I think you should retake it. I think you can top a 24 and have a better chance. All the best to you.

Also, I agree with the sentiment that I dont like how everyone here feels they have the right to tell people theyre entitled and what they are and aren't cut out for.

Best of luck

Thank you. I will definitely do this the right way. I am working on getting rid of one of my jobs as soon as I can afford to. I don't expect most people here to understand. Most people are not in my situation so I will have to work out how I am going to find more time to study.

Thank you. I will definitely do this the right way. I am working on getting rid of one of my jobs as soon as I can afford to. I don't expect most people here to understand. Most people are not in my situation so I will have to work out how I am going to find more time to study.

How do you know "most people are not in your situation"? Isn't that an assumption? Oh wait...

How do you know "most people are not in your situation"? Isn't that an assumption? Oh wait...
yeah because everyone on this board works two jobs while in school full time. let's take a poll

OP, this is sad and quite frankly embarrassing. These posters are clearly trying to get a response from you, and you're just playing right into their hands. Learn to pick your battles. Spoiler alert: this isn't one of them.

Reactions: 2 users
I take it you don't visit the nontrad section much...[/QUO

okay so good to know I'll go ask someone there since you know most of then work 60 to 70 hour weeks volunteer and going to school full time there's just a ****load of them and that will account for most med students

works 60-70 hours a week, goes to school full time...and still has time to be on SDN...interesting....