Ready for COMLEX Level 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El-Rami

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have my COMLEX Level 1 exam in a few days, and I was wanting to get another opinion regarding my current preparedness for this exam.

Stats:
53% COMBANK (100% completed) -- I did this entire Qbank in tutor mode, purely for learning purposes and doing all questions in a system before using other resources such as First Aid. I reviewed my incorrects/guessed questions and the rationale for the correct answer/my answer for all of these questions.

COMQUEST (176-question sets; timed/random): 56%, 64%, 68%; with the 68% being 2 weeks ago

COMAT FBS Comprehensive: 210
COMSAE 107: 418 (May; right before dedicated)
COMSAE 111: 455 (2 weeks ago) ~90% finished with combank
COMSAE 110: 475 (yesterday) 100% finished with combank

I see mixed opinions regarding COMSAE. I've heard people say that 110 is much harder than 107 or 111, but I honestly felt that 110 played to my strengths a bit better whereas 111 felt very difficult to me.

I hear that COMSAEs generally underpredict COMLEX Level 1 performance, is this correct? My school insists that I am ready because they require at least a 450 on a single COMSAE and have met all of their other bench marks as far as course grades and COMBANK assessments. I am just really nervous about the exam and know that I still have weak areas (endo/repro, GI).

With my stats, am I ready to sit for my exam in a few days, or should I push it back? What should I be doing over the next day or two? Currently, I am reviewing weak subject areas in First Aid/Pathoma and reviewing high-yield OMM subjects such as cranial/chapmans/counterstrain/viscerosomatics.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you're probably fine, comsaes do tend to underpredict. I'd say you have a very good chance of passing.

I've seen a graph from NBOME that says ~450 on a COMSAE indicates a 99% chance of passing. Should that data be taken with a grain of salt, given that the COMSAE score reports have a disclaimer saying that they are not predictive? I've also heard that the standard deviation for Level 1 is 85, so wouldn't that imply that the 475 COMSAE is borderline?

Basically this is all with the assumption that I am only taking Level 1 once. I really don't want to fail it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah that data sounds accurate, you're on track for a pass

I've seen a graph from NBOME that says ~450 on a COMSAE indicates a 99% chance of passing. Should that data be taken with a grain of salt, given that the COMSAE score reports have a disclaimer saying that they are not predictive? I've also heard that the standard deviation for Level 1 is 85, so wouldn't that imply that the 475 COMSAE is borderline?

Basically this is all with the assumption that I am only taking Level 1 once. I really don't want to fail it.
Yep, although I don’t think this data accounts for the new Comsaes most schools administer now. For people to reference here’s the link: