Realistically, how would you rank these 3 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

codeblue023

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say if you were part of the ADCOM.
These students have similar EC/DAT score
3.65 GPA with downward trend (3.9 GPA then 3.3 GPA after sophomore year)
3.5 GPA - steady 3.5 GPA (A's and B's) for the whole undergrad
3.4 GPA with huge upward trend (2.8 GPA then 4.0 GPA)

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

1) 3.5
2) 3.4
3) 3.65

Assuming they're all taking the same classes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 100% biased because I'm the exact 3.4 student you described, but for me it would be:
1) tie between 3.4 and 3.5
2) 3.65

My reason: Finishing strong with improvement every year is important. GENERALLY, it shows resiliency and corrected work habits. We all make mistakes, but to show you can bounce back and correct what you did wrong to get a 4.0 is a good indicator of determination and success. Never underestimate the comeback kids! ;) There are definitely exceptions but that's why it's a general statement lol. So the 3.4 student deserves some credit. The 3.5 student demonstrates consistency and good work habits right through, which is very important and also a good indicator of success. The downward trend of the 3.65 student should set off some red flags, so the trend would discredit their higher GPA.

Just my 2 cents!

Haha I probably should have had something more in line with my name right? But I saw this image and the tooth was so happy and cute! How can you say no to that?