ReApp AMCAS LOR Forwarding?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freak7

Stuck in a tacky hat
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I applied last cycle and didn't get in, but I plan on applying this cycle with a stronger app.

My question is: will AMCAS provide me with an option to forward my LORs from last year automatically, or will I have to do the walk of shame and ask all of my writers to resubmit?

Members don't see this ad.

You need to get new letters

https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/faq/amcas-faq/

AMCAS Letters of Evaluation FAQ: Re-applying
Do I need to submit new letters of evaluation if I applied with AMCAS previously?
AMCAS does not keep letters on file from applications in previous years. You must resubmit letters of evaluation to AMCAS for each application cycle you apply.

If you have them saved on interfolio is it okay to resubmit? Plus maybe adding a new one from the recent year

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, that you can do. That is the advantage of Interfolio as well as have a single letter that then can be used on AMCAS, ACCOMAS, and TMDSAS

You do not have to get them re-dated do you? (assuming it is within 1-2 years) Does this vary school-to-school?

Members don't see this ad :)
You should get them re-dated

interesting... what's the point of using interfolio then? I have heard people using the same letters as the year prior but just add an extra letter from what you have done in the most recent year.... As long as they are not more than a couple years old I would think they should be okay..... but what do I know I am no adcom

Below are links to a few and please note most say the most common mistake among reapplicants is applying again too soon
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ear-wamc-advice-please.1191695/#post-17595427

I'm about 60% sure that the shortcomings on my app were lack of patient interaction, applying narrowly, and applying way too late in the cycle (think November). It does feel soon, but I am at a job that gets (and has already gotten) me patient interaction/access to shadowing which fixes my first problem. I plan to apply broadly (made a WAMC thread and got help on school list which you're welcome to read) which fixes the second problem. I'm also looking to apply in June which fixes the third problem.

Am I missing anything? Am I still naive for applying consecutively?

Would you mind taking a look at my WAMC? Goro responded and I appreciated that, but I was hoping for a wider range of feedback.

most letter writers hold onto copies of letters they've written but I will say that an advantage to using interfolio is that if your letter do need re-dated you can send them back to the letter writers for that if they don't have your letters at hand