Reapplying for the third time!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmma451816

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was wondering how "acceptable" it would be to reapply using the same committee letter. The first time I applied, all I received were rejections because my MCAT was too low. The second time I only applied to the one school that I was doing my post-bac in, and I was wait listed. So, I am now applying for the third time, and was curious as to whether it would be okay to use the same letter.

Members don't see this ad.

So, I was wondering how "acceptable" it would be to reapply using the same committee letter. The first time I applied, all I received were rejections because my MCAT was too low. The second time I only applied to the one school that I was doing my post-bac in, and I was wait listed. So, I am now applying for the third time, and was curious as to whether it would be okay to use the same letter.

Your committee letter should be up to date if you use it, because you want them to address why they recommend you as an applicant based on all of (and thus your current) accomplishments.
That said, using a committee letter that earned you rejections in the past may not be a wise decision.

Listen to my sage young colleague. Your Committee LOR, if it's confidential, might not rank you as high as it should, or it might specifically mention worries about your low MCAT score.

Apply with the best possible app....and that includes LORs.

Your committee letter should be up to date if you use it, because you want them to address why they recommend you as an applicant based on all of (and thus your current) accomplishments.
That said, using a committee letter that earned you rejections in the past may not be a wise decision.

I would update the letters if possible, just to keep things fresh and avoid the possibility that the letters were not as good as you originally thought. If you keep up with some volunteering or something perhaps you can get new letters.