Rec letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted727644

Did anyone not get a Rec letter from a pharmacist and still got an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Your LOR doesn't have to be from a pharmacist but it can't be from family or friends. It can be from a professor who knows you well from undergrad or other professional organizations.

Your LOR doesn't have to be from a pharmacist but it can't be from family or friends. It can be from a professor who knows you well from undergrad or other professional organizations.

What if there's no professor who knows me well but i asked a professor in a class I did well in? The letter is mediocre though :/

Members don't see this ad :)
What if there's no professor who knows me well but i asked a professor in a class I did well in? The letter is mediocre though :/

Ugh.... that's tough because you want your LORs to an exceptional representation of yourself. Can your employer or anyone else from a professional association write you one?

Ugh.... that's tough because you want your LORs to an exceptional representation of yourself. Can your employer or anyone else from a professional association write you one?

I dont have job experience. Who else can I ask?

What does your mentor do? If they can talk about your work ethic and how you've applied that to your academics and extra curricular, I think that'd be good. I also suggest that if the mentor can talk about your passions and how you've acted on them through your extracurricular activities, that'd also be good. Ask them to be careful with their wording. Some schools specifically don't want a letter from a mentor.

What does your mentor do? If they can talk about your work ethic and how you've applied that to your academics and extra curricular, I think that'd be good. I also suggest that if the mentor can talk about your passions and how you've acted on them through your extracurricular activities, that'd also be good. Ask them to be careful with their wording. Some schools specifically don't want a letter from a mentor.

She's one of my mentors and she works at a retail job

I think having her letter would be good because maybe she could talk about your professionalism or something

It depends on the school. Some schools require you to have at least one pharmacist write a rec letter. If the schools you are applying to don't have this criteria, it should be fine. If it does, try to shadow/intern at a pharmacy.

It depends on the school. Some schools require you to have at least one pharmacist write a rec letter. If the schools you are applying to don't have this criteria, it should be fine. If it does, try to shadow/intern at a pharmacy.

I did but it was only for a day

I think having her letter would be good because maybe she could talk about your professionalism or something

What if I met her in one of my classes and we worked a project together? She's older so I found her to be a good mentor over the years. She helped a lot with my resumes, interviews, getting jobs etc

Hmm, that letter won't hold as much value I think because your mentor is technically a classmate/friend. I thought that she was a mentor in your retail job. Do you have anyone that has seen you in a professional capacity that can write you a letter? Even a TA for your undergrad courses would work!

Hmm, that letter won't hold as much value I think because your mentor is technically a classmate/friend. I thought that she was a mentor in your retail job. Do you have anyone that has seen you in a professional capacity that can write you a letter? Even a TA for your undergrad courses would work!

some schools don't accept TAs either :( can I just put my mentor in just to reach the max 4 letters?

Wait if you have 3 what are you worried about? 3 is pretty good

I have 2 now. 1 mediocre and the other strong. So I wanted to get 3rd one(from mentor) to offset the mediocre one. I want to get a 4th one too just to max it out. Sorry should've clarified

Schools don't want LORs from family/friends so make sure you tell your mentor to make it clear that he/she was your mentor and not just a school peer.