References on CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PimplePete

Reaction score
Hello,

Do residency programs typically request reference contact info for things on a CV like research/leadership positions? Forgot to include a reference section on my CV and already submitted most of my applications.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No references necessary on CV.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
In that case, how do they conduct due diligence, if at all?
For the most part, we assume you are being truthful. In some cases we will verify things as part of the hiring process. Lying on your application would probably get you blackballed from an ASHP residency forever, so I would assume you know better. We will address things like listed research and leadership positions during the interview process. So, if you were making things up the lie better be watertight.

Regardless, A CV is not a resume. It is not a list of your qualifications for a particular job but a summary of your professional career. It should be maintained for your entire career. I am still occasionally asked for an updated copy of my CV. Resumes have references, CV's do not.

I know of no program that asks for additional references during the interview. We get the contact information for your LOR writers if we need to talk to those people and assume those would be your references.