Refractive Surgery Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

playaz211

playaz211
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just completed a Cornea and Refractive surgery fellowship in New York City a few months ago and I am now beginning my practice. Even though I have done a handful of LASIK/PRK cases (with intralase) I still feel a little uncomfortable with my pre-operative planning. Any suggestions on books/courses that I can look into in order to build my confidence?

Members don't see this ad.

this is interesting.. is there a certification process? are there any residencies or fellowships where people leave confident in these practices?

this is interesting.. is there a certification process? are there any residencies or fellowships where people leave confident in these practices?

Regardless of the program anyone went to, its always 10x more nerve wracking to start cutting on people's eyes when you're out there on your own.

There is no board certification for LASIK, you get certified by the Laser company that you know how to use their laser.

To the OP, I know that at academy they have mini courses but I'm not sure if its what you are looking for or its just the laser certification. Maybe the cornea docs at your former program have some suggestions?