regarding residency in france

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hussambu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a medical student from the middle east, already in my final year of med school.
I'm interested in applying for urology residency in France.
I have a two-month urology elective in the US.
my question is, will this elective help me in my France application, or will it work against me ?
I don't know if they will think I'm interested in the US more than France so they won't accept me (in this case I will omit it from the CV), or will it improve my chances of acceptance ?

Members don't see this ad.

Let me know how this works out. I am also arab, but studying in Greece and I am also currently searching
to apply for specialty outside Greece. What are the prospects in France and can you direct me to a relevant
link?

I`m searching chaotically because I am in my final year.
Thanks

Hi,
as far as I know, it's almost out of the question for a non-EU citizen to obtain a residency or specialty in France, and that's even if the student had graduated from a European country.
I would say your best chance would be in Germany, of course after becoming fluent in German.
Countries like Denmark, Netherlands or Belgium would probably have some vacancies for residencies and are easier to obtain for EU graduates non-EU citizens but these countries still prefer those with the EU citizenship.
In Germany it's the easiest I would say for a non-EU citizen to obtain residency in comparison with other European countries but still needs hard work finding the suitable hospital and language fluency.