Regeneron. 1) does your ED give it, 2) if so does your hospital have any?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I mean an NNT of 30 is actually good. The NNT for ASA in ACS is ~50. The issue is more weak data and indication creep. The positive outcome only comes from a subgroup analysis that is likely not replicatable and we are now applying it uniformly to all populations.

Plus it makes me feel dirty.

Members don't see this ad.

BAM is decent against Delta. It sucks against gamma which the CDC might be a thing in the spring. We give it because we give what the government lets us have.
Any data? The last RCTs that I saw on bamlanivimab were all uniformly negative. I never saw anything specific on delta variant aside from in vitro studies.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At $2100 per dose, an NNT of 30 seems terrible. Basically spending $60k, to prevent one hospital admission? Seems like the only party making good on that deal is the drug company.

5000+ patients enrolled and only 5 deaths. 3 were in placebo group and 2 in regeneron, so unlikely to be of statistical difference.

The "combined endpoint of hospitalization and death" is essentially just hospitalization. Overall hospitalization rate in placebo group is 4.6% vs 1.3% in regeneron group. So overall a 3.3% absolute risk reduction.

There's no mention of the severity of illness among hospitalized patients, but given that there were only 5 fatalities I find it unlikely that many were intubated.

Each infusion costs $1250. With an NNT of 30 it costs $37,500 to prevent one covid-19 related hospitalization. There is no mortality benefit.

5000+ patients enrolled and only 5 deaths. 3 were in placebo group and 2 in regeneron, so unlikely to be of statistical difference.

The "combined endpoint of hospitalization and death" is essentially just hospitalization. Overall hospitalization rate in placebo group is 4.6% vs 1.3% in regeneron group. So overall a 3.3% absolute risk reduction.

There's no mention of the severity of illness among hospitalized patients, but given that there were only 5 fatalities I find it unlikely that many were intubated.

Each infusion costs $1250. With an NNT of 30 it costs $37,500 to prevent one covid-19 related hospitalization. There is no mortality benefit.
I would say that's worth it. Plus factor in the cost of society's lost work potential.

Reactions: 1 users
At $2100 per dose, an NNT of 30 seems terrible. Basically spending $60k, to prevent one hospital admission? Seems like the only party making good on that deal is the drug company.

Does anyone know what the NNT and cost for the vaccines are?

Yes. Yes.
They discourage vaccination and promote Regeneron because $$$.