About the ads

Regis University School of Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by imclarkent, Jan 12, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. nnnn32125

nnnn32125

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi everyone,

I am a P2 currently at Regis. If you get an interview, congrats and good luck on your up and coming interview date. A lot of people I have talked with seem worried about the interview process. The only advice i can give is to be yourself and be as honest as possible. If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me.

Goodluck!
  2. exousia

exousia

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I just got a call today telling me that I was accepted and that they'll email me further instructions. :)

I'm just worried that the school is not fully accredited yet. Does anyone know what the chances are that the program will become fully accredited?
  3. keepinitfreshx9

keepinitfreshx9

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats! I hope I get a call too...

What time did they call you?

I'm pretty sure that the school has every intention on becoming fully accredited; otherwise, they wouldn't have undertaken the objective of opening the school.
  4. exousia

exousia

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks! They called me at 3:00pm central time and I interviewed on 03/16 so it was relatively quick.
    Yeah, your right. I should focus more on the tuition and completing the religion class requirement. Best of luck to you
  5. Fc2521

Fc2521

Pre-Pharmacy
    Interviewing on Friday 3/30. Any tips for the mini interviews?
  6. ptrinh839

ptrinh839

Pre-Pharmacy
    Does anyone know when they give out more acceptances? I was thinking it would be sometime this week -_-
  7. keepinitfreshx9

keepinitfreshx9

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hopefully soon!
  8. keepinitfreshx9

keepinitfreshx9

Pre-Pharmacy
    I just got a call!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regis here I come!
  9. ptrinh839

ptrinh839

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats!! when did you interview??
  10. keepinitfreshx9

keepinitfreshx9

Pre-Pharmacy
    3/15
  11. 2117

congrats!!! :)
  12. exousia

exousia

SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you interviewed on 3/15 it should be this week, infact I was told that I'll receive the letter of acceptance tomorrow but I got the email today.

Congrats, is that the only place you interviewed at and got accepted? I'm still debating if I should go there. I still have a school to hear from and another school to interview at.
  13. keepinitfreshx9

keepinitfreshx9

Pre-Pharmacy
    In addition to Regis, I also applied to Incarnate Word in San Antonio, which is the school right across the street from mine, and I got wait-listed. I definitely will be going to Regis because I'm ready for a change of scenery! :)
  14. ptrinh839

ptrinh839

Pre-Pharmacy
    eek!! got a call yesterday after work!!! so excitedddd!! C/O 2016!!!
  15. cryspharm84

cryspharm84

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats to all that have been accepted! I'm interviewing tomorrow. I'm really excited and nervous at the same. Good luck to everyone still waiting as well as those interviewing tomorrow.
  16. exousia

exousia

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just be relaxed and honest. They give you 2 minutes to think by yourself about the question/situation and then you interview for 6 minutes. I would just say be prepared to tell them why you want to go to Regis. Most of my MMI's we didn't even spend the whole 6 minutes on the question, I just told them more about myself.

Don't be nervous, I can say that out of the few interviews I've done, that one has been the most relaxing.
  17. keepinitfreshx9

keepinitfreshx9

Pre-Pharmacy
    Does anyone know where good apartments are near the campus?
  18. exousia

exousia

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I've been looking as well. According to the university website only Pomponio Village is available to graduate and doctorate students > http://www.regis.edu/regis.asp?sctn=sl&p1=rl&p2=rh&p3=Pomponio > but I'm pretty sure sign-up for that has ended.

And then there's off campus housing listed > http://www.regis.edu/regis.asp?sctn=sl&p1=rl&p2=rh&p3=offcampus > which are fully furnished but are Co-ed by house with shared bathrooms, but I prefer my own bathroom.
  19. cryspharm84

cryspharm84

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats on the acceptances!! I interviewed last Friday and I'm anxiously waiting for that phone call! :xf:
  20. parker2duncan

parker2duncan

Pharmacy Student
    I interviewed on March 15 and got a call and email on the 28th! Feeling very fortunate and excited! Have no clue what I will do about living arrangements though... anyone else in the same boat?
  21. parker2duncan

parker2duncan

Pharmacy Student
    I have a feeling I was your replacement when you canceled your interview for the 15th. I was scheduled for the 30th, and they called a week before to let me know a spot opened up for the 15th, and they offered it to me. :) It was my first interview I have ever done, and I found out on the 28th I was accepted!! I already canceled my Creighton and Massachusetts interviews, as Regis was my #1. Just wanted to share...
  22. ptrinh839

ptrinh839

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yeah, I'm looking for apartments around the downtown area so I can be close to all of the culture as much as I can. It is about a 15-20 minute drive but well worth the investment, I feel. Congrats on your acceptance and see you in the fall!
  23. Goatsie

Goatsie

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just got the call approx. an hour ago, AND...I'm IN! Though I liked Chicago more, I liked Regis as a school better. BOOM.
  24. keepinitfreshx9

keepinitfreshx9

Pre-Pharmacy
  25. weird0

weird0

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hi, I haven't posted here often, but when did you interview? I interviewed on 3/30, and I know they said 2 weeks, but I can't wait!
  26. cryspharm84

cryspharm84

Pre-Pharmacy
    I interviewed on 3/30 as well and I just got the call after work tonight. I was accepted!!! Wooooo! Now to decide between Regis and University of Colorado. Hmmmm.
    Good luck to everyone still waiting!!
  27. 2117

i'm in as well :soexcited:

interviewed 3/30. accepted 4/11.

see you guys in the fall!!!
  28. weird0

weird0

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Congratulations guys! Regis University was such a nice campus and the interview process was just really great. I almost wouldn't mind getting rejected there because it would be so hard for me to chose where to go. :p
  29. ptrinh839

ptrinh839

Pre-Pharmacy
    congrats!!
  30. weird0

weird0

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I just received an acceptance email!!!!!!!!
  31. 2117

congrats on all the new acceptances!!
    for those of you still waiting, I just want to let you know that this is my 2nd yr applying. so improve your application and reapply as soon as pharmCAS opens up their next cycle. best of luck.
  32. exousia

exousia

SDN 2+ Year Member
    So I've been looking into housing a little bit more and found a student housing place that's about 15 minutes drive from Regis. Everything is furnished and included but the place requires a meal plan. It's similar to campus dorms. Here's the link:
    http://www.regencystudenthousing.com/
    I'm not sure about anything yet but I'm willing to room with someone if anyone is looking. It doesn't have to be the place mentioned above.

Edit: I've also found a website with multiple apartments. http://www.carmelapartments.com/denver-student-housing
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  33. weird0

weird0

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I agree. I regret not applying earlier. I volunteered and was able to get a job as a pharmacy tech and a tutor. I think this is the only reason I got 4 interviews (rejected by 4). My math/sci gpa was like 2.8 and overall was like 3.0 (including retakes and nonpassing grades). Do what you can. Good luck!
  34. Voxls1

Voxls1 Resident Car Elitist

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I got my acceptance as well. Missing a religious studies class haha
  35. weird0

weird0

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Me too! I remember the tour guide was saying that it might not be required for us, but oops. There goes summer, haha.
  36. agdPharm

agdPharm

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi everyone! I interviewed 3/30 and received acceptance like ~7 days later. Congratulations to the class of 2016! I really loved Regis University, but I am accepting an offer to PCOM :D in Georgia. Hopefully this frees a spot for someone on SDN :)
  37. 2117

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  38. ElizabethD

ElizabethD

Dear AGDPharm,
    I am interviewing with Regis College of Pharmacy on December 6th. This is my first interview and I am pretty nervous. Is there any advice you can give me, such as they types of questions asked and the types of prompts for the writing portion of the interview? Any help is treating appreciated!

Thank you!
    Elizabeth
  39. arri

arri

Pre-Pharmacy
    when did you submit your application??? Good luck on the interview!!!
  40. ElizabethD

ElizabethD

Arri, I submitted my application last week and was invited for the interview the next day! I was so surprised that they responded so quickly. Have you applied?
  41. arri

arri

Pre-Pharmacy
    Ahhhhh I received an interview for the 6th as well!! Good luck to everyone!!!
  42. TheDuce

TheDuce

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm also interviewing on Dec 6 : )
  43. PlainJane21

PlainJane21

Does anyone know when Certiphi will contact you to schedule the drug screening? I have already completed the background check a couple weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back about the drug screening. I ask because I will be out the country for most of the summer, and am trying to take care of all the necessary requirements for the pharmacy program before I leave.

Please let me know as soon as possible! Thanks so much guys!
  44. ElizabethD

ElizabethD

Hi! I haven't heard anything about the drug screening yet either. Maybe ask Justin Rowe, he is very helpful! Are you starting at Regis in the fall??!!