Regis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bailey24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Can anyone shed some light about this program?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am a P1 this fall and would be willing to answer questions about Regis!

Hi,

Oh cool! Thanks so much! Are classes set up in a way where it's basically all just packets given to you that you have to know when you walk into class and take a quiz and go off into TBL groups or are there lectures as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
We receive the packets and the packets all come with additional readings to supplement. There is a list of objectives to guide us. We usually have at least 2 "quizzes" a week but they are not too bad so far as long as you put forth the effort to learn the material.

After that we do applications as a team. The professor acts as a facilitator and leads the discussion about the applications. I personally like TBL because it is engaging and you have to defend your answer. Sometimes there are mini lectures during class but there are no real lectures like in most schools.

It is definitely a way of learning that is not for everyone but so far I am enjoying it.

We receive the packets and the packets all come with additional readings to supplement. There is a list of objectives to guide us. We usually have at least 2 "quizzes" a week but they are not too bad so far as long as you put forth the effort to learn the material.

After that we do applications as a team. The professor acts as a facilitator and leads the discussion about the applications. I personally like TBL because it is engaging and you have to defend your answer. Sometimes there are mini lectures during class but there are no real lectures like in most schools.

It is definitely a way of learning that is not for everyone but so far I am enjoying it.

Very cool. It is definitely a different way of learning that I think I would have to get used to. Would you say you do most of your learning outside of class on your own?

Received an interview for December 1st!

I am from Texas and this was the only out of state that I applied too.

I did as well. Can anyone give some information about this program?

When did you submit your PHARMCAS application? Congrats btw!!!!

I did as well. Can anyone give some information about this program?
When did you submit your PHARMCAS application? Congrats btw!!!!
I'd like to know, too! Regis is my first choice. I want to move to Colorado SO badly!

Thanks! Actually the admissions made a little mistake and my interview date is for Dec. 6th but that doesn't matter to me. I will definitely be going for the experience and hoping to get accepted :).

I sent my pharmcas application on October 12th and mailed on the 21st.

Reason why I applied to this program was for the TBL. I read that it isn't for everyone but I am pretty sure I can do very well with this style of learning.

As for cost... since it's a private the tuition is pretty high so I am on the fence about that. Regardless any non-resident tuition is really expensive. -.-

But yeah I am pretty nervous and excited about traveling to Colorado!

Very cool. It is definitely a different way of learning that I think I would have to get used to. Would you say you do most of your learning outside of class on your own?
I would say most of the learning is done outside of class and then you apply what you have learned in TBL. I am part of the "breakfast club" that is there early in the morning quizzing each other on the material which has helped me succeed so far! Congrats on the interviews!

Hi,

Hello! What's the area around Regis like? Is it pretty easy to find affordable housing in safe areas? Also, do you really have any free time while in the program? For example, do you work or get to do any fun hobbies on the weekend (like camping in the Rockies :rolleyes:)? I'd imagine the program is very rigorous and would consume 99% of your time, but it doesn't hurt to ask, haha.

I applied to Regis at the beginning of October and heard back from them about 2 weeks later and got an interview for November 21! Anyone else going to be out there for an interview that day? I'm very nervous about the interview... any tips you can offer about the interviews, bkskiwisco? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Regis at the beginning of October and heard back from them about 2 weeks later and got an interview for November 21! Anyone else going to be out there for an interview that day? I'm very nervous about the interview... any tips you can offer about the interviews, bkskiwisco? Thanks!

The interviews are not bad at all. You have 8 mini interviews that last about 10 minutes each. They cover ethics, why you wanted to be a pharmacist and a few situational questions. Basically you get a card with scenario and then you answer a few questions about what you think. They are pretty relaxed and their goal is to get to know you better. Make sure you check the website because it has more information about the MMIs. Good Luck!

Hello! What's the area around Regis like? Is it pretty easy to find affordable housing in safe areas? Also, do you really have any free time while in the program? For example, do you work or get to do any fun hobbies on the weekend (like camping in the Rockies :rolleyes:)? I'd imagine the program is very rigorous and would consume 99% of your time, but it doesn't hurt to ask, haha.

There is free time! It is Colorado! The mtns are a short drive a way and downtown Denver is very close by! I love it here and that is one of the reasons why I chose to come to Colorado. My brother lives in the mtns so when I have free time I usually zip up there. There is alot of good housing in safe areas not far from Regis like Arvada. Alot of students live in downtown Denver. The pricing varies because of city pricing.

Reactions: 1 user
There is free time! It is Colorado! The mtns are a short drive a way and downtown Denver is very close by! I love it here and that is one of the reasons why I chose to come to Colorado. My brother lives in the mtns so when I have free time I usually zip up there. There is alot of good housing in safe areas not far from Regis like Arvada. Alot of students live in downtown Denver. The pricing varies because of city pricing.

I will be interviewing at Regis on December 6th. Do you have any recommendations to help prepare for the interviews? Also, is it an open file interview? Thank you!

I'm also interviewing on Dec 6th : ) just trying to get a better understanding about how Regis conducts their interviews. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I also got invited for Dec 6 interview- its my first interview ever and any info that could shed some light on the interview would be appreciated. Thanks :)

I just had my interview on Thursday at Regis University. Basically you go and do a meet and greet kind of thing in the morning, tour the campus, do your MMIs, do your essay, and then have lunch and speakers, then a TBL activity and exit survey. It was a really long day (730 AM - about 3 PM) but going and seeing the campus and the new building made me 10x more excited to hear back and hopefully be accepted. Any more questions just let me know!

Hello there again! I'm interviewing this Friday (when the projected low's are below zero :eek:). As a reminder, I am from Orlando, Florida and totally not used to this cold. My suit is a skirt suit, and I have fleece lined tights, scarves, coat, etc. I was wondering though, how long will we be outdoor for the interview and how will heels fare in that kind of weather? Is it appropriate to wear different shoes and then change once arriving? Thanks for your time.

I just had my interview on Thursday at Regis University. Basically you go and do a meet and greet kind of thing in the morning, tour the campus, do your MMIs, do your essay, and then have lunch and speakers, then a TBL activity and exit survey. It was a really long day (730 AM - about 3 PM) but going and seeing the campus and the new building made me 10x more excited to hear back and hopefully be accepted. Any more questions just let me know!

What are the types of questions for MMI? and the writing prompts? Are they more situational and about your characters i.e just be yourself and wing it? or more about the school, field of pharmacy etc that I could prepare in advance?
Also, did you hear back from the school yet??
Thanks for the help!

Hello there again! I'm interviewing this Friday (when the projected low's are below zero :eek:). As a reminder, I am from Orlando, Florida and totally not used to this cold. My suit is a skirt suit, and I have fleece lined tights, scarves, coat, etc. I was wondering though, how long will we be outdoor for the interview and how will heels fare in that kind of weather? Is it appropriate to wear different shoes and then change once arriving? Thanks for your time.

The only time you are outside is during the campus tour which lasts about 30 minutes I believe. I am pretty sure it is suppose to snow on Wednesday so I don't know how the sidewalks will be on the interview day. I don't know how heels will fare, but you could always carry around an extra pair of shoes in case!

What are the types of questions for MMI? and the writing prompts? Are they more situational and about your characters i.e just be yourself and wing it? or more about the school, field of pharmacy etc that I could prepare in advance?
Also, did you hear back from the school yet??
Thanks for the help!
There are alot of different types of questions make sure you check the website I remember there was a page that had info about the MMIs. Alot of the questions are just how you would respond to the situation so just be yourself I guess you could say. Writing prompts were just pick a side, then defend it and then argue for the other side. Wasn't too bad at all. Good luck! Make sure you check out the website before the interview should help!

Where's everyone staying at this weekend??????!!!!!! I'm staying at the double tree!! I hope this snow won't delay my flight!! :/

I'm staying at the double tree as well. Im kinda hoping for a bit of snow, since i'm from so cal and I rarely get to see real snow :)
but obviously not so much that our flights get delayed.. keeping my fingers crossed for that perfect, light snowy day

I'm staying at the double tree as well. Im kinda hoping for a bit of snow, since i'm from so cal and I rarely get to see real snow :)
but obviously not so much that our flights get delayed.. keeping my fingers crossed for that perfect, light snowy day
I'm also from SoCal!!!!! My flight is tomorrow. And haven't you been watching the news?!?! Denver is at it's lowest lows since 16years. It's a horrible snow storm right now. lol you'll get your "bit" of snow!! Haha but I definitely know what you mean, I don't think I've ever even seen snow. So I'm really excited to see how pretty it looks!!:)

Do you know how we get from the hotel to Regis? How do they know to send us a shuttle lol?

Last edited:
Where's everyone staying at this weekend??????!!!!!! I'm staying at the double tree!! I hope this snow won't delay my flight!! :/
Me too I'm also from SoCal staying at the DoubleTree!

Goood luck to EVERYONE interviewing tomorrow!!!!! Idk about any of you, but I have absolutely fallen head over heels in love with Denver!

OMG!!!! How fun!! We can all travel on the shuttle together :D
The interview is tomorrow! The snow here is absolutely beautiful, I can't get over it. I am also from soCal and at doubletree, attending at 7:30AM. I'm extremely excited and nervous! See you guys there bright and early!

The interview is tomorrow! The snow here is absolutely beautiful, I can't get over it. I am also from soCal and at doubletree, attending at 7:30AM. I'm extremely excited and nervous! See you guys there bright and early!
Can't wait to meet everyone!!! We can be the DoubleTree Group for the TBL exercise!! :D IF we pick our own groups ;) What part of SoCal are you from? Isn't the snow perfect?! I want to go here!!!

Can't wait to meet everyone!!! We can be the DoubleTree Group for the TBL exercise!! :D IF we pick our own groups ;) What part of SoCal are you from? Isn't the snow perfect?! I want to go here!!!
I'm from OC! What about you? That would be awesome if we could pick haha! Go Team DoubleTree!

I'm also from SoCal!!!!! My flight is tomorrow. And haven't you been watching the news?!?! Denver is at it's lowest lows since 16years. It's a horrible snow storm right now. lol you'll get your "bit" of snow!! Haha but I definitely know what you mean, I don't think I've ever even seen snow. So I'm really excited to see how pretty it looks!!:)

Do you know how we get from the hotel to Regis? How do they know to send us a shuttle lol?

I dont think it's the school sending shuttle. I called the hotel when I booked it and its complementary shuttle provided by the hotel and the school happen to be within its range. I just checked in, in case you didnt know, the shuttle leaves around 7am tmrw :)

I'm from LA area. I love the snow but the weather... dunno if i'll survive more than few minutes outside. Good thing they changed the interview schedule so we'll be indoor for most part. Can't wait to meet you all tmrw!!

I dont think it's the school sending shuttle. I called the hotel when I booked it and its complementary shuttle provided by the hotel and the school happen to be within its range. I just checked in, in case you didnt know, the shuttle leaves around 7am tmrw :)
Thanks!!! LOL The front desk told me when I arrived :) But thanks for the info :) Wait...how do you know they changed the schedule? ahh I don't think I got the update, only to bring extra warm clothes and comfortable shoes lol

I think it's kind of nice how we're all from SoCal and staying at the same hotel!! haha Coincidence much?!?!

Last edited:
Hey guys! How did you guys feel about it? Just arrived back in CA and I'm exhausted... but overall I felt the interview was great! Colorado is a gorgeous place imo.

Accepted!! :) I hope everyone's interviews went well! They let you know 2 weeks from your interview date...good luck everyone!

Congrats to those who have been accepted!!!!! :) :) :)

Has anyone heard from Regis yet for the December 6th interviews?

Has anyone heard from Regis yet for the December 6th interviews?
I got a call this morning. Got accepted, yay!!!!!!!!! Best of luck to you guys!

Just received my interview invite!! Anyone recommend good prices for hotel/shuttle? Cheapest hotel is 99 that I could find and shuttle is 75 to and from the airport. So high for the shuttle.

Just received my interview invite!! Anyone recommend good prices for hotel/shuttle? Cheapest hotel is 99 that I could find and shuttle is 75 to and from the airport. So high for the shuttle.
They recommended to me DoubleTree hotel, shuttle is free and goes directly to school from hotel. As for shuttle from airport to hotel, I'm not sure I rented a car :( And they have shuttles that went from airport to rental car place for free.

Ahhh i got the acceptance call today!!

Yes! Go to double tree!! They give you a shuttle free to regis and anywhere else within 6 miles. You should arrange for supershuttle to take you to the hotel from the airport though (that will be about 30 one way / 60 round trip). They also have room service and free breakfast the next morning!! Good luck!! PM me if you have any questions!! I just got the acceptance call today! You'll fall in love with everyone there!! The campus is beautiful also!!

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone who get accepted. I also got the interview on Dec 6th, but I havent heard anything back from the school :(

Ahhh i got the acceptance call today!!
Yay arri!! Congrats! I told you you'd get in! :) Do you think you will be attending?
And keithnguyen1104 don't give up! They should still be calling people I believe for a few days.