Rejection Letter Suggesting to Reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knitsnknots

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I received an email from a school I applied to in the 2015 cycle, which stated the following:

“…The Admissions Committee looked favorably on your application, however, we were unable to offer interviews to all applicants. The applicant pool was highly competitive and X experienced an increase in the number of applications for the entering class.
We encourage you to reapply for next year. The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Services (AACOMAS) is already accepting applications for the 2016 entering class…you will be emailed an invitation to complete our supplemental application.”

Has anyone received a rejection letter or email suggesting they should reapply in the next cycle? Is this something common? What did you do and what were the results?

I'm not sure if this is of any significance, as I was not invited to interview. I should note I had no intention of applying to medical school last year. After much coaxing from an enrolled friend, I applied in November (i.e., really late) to 3 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

All emails say that. It doesn't mean anything.

sorry.

Reactions: 1 users