Rejection, suicide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomname5656

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has had thoughts of suicide after unsuccessful application cycles, and if so, how they've dealt with it. I know there are few things more trite than the sniveling pre-med whose dreams of grandeur don't pan out, but I just got turned down and am finding the thought of eternal sleep much more palatable than another year of jumping through the hoops trying to make myself look like a "stellar medical school applicant."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It is an obstacle that can be overcome.

Somebody here has this quote in their siggy -

"There are no shortcuts in life. Pain must be felt. The alternative is much worse. It's what makes us special, what makes us beautiful, what makes us worthy. But that pain is accompanied by something else: hope. With your pain, there is hope. Somewhere between agony and optimism and prayer. So you're human, you're alive. And that is what we have."

Why hurt the many people in your life who love you by tragically ending it. Life is always worth living.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Please OP, please, do not kill yourself. I don't know if you are religious or not, but playing with life is not our choice to make. We can't play God and there is only hell for those who go that route. I swear, your life is not over and there is so much happiness ahead of you and this is merely a test! Your life goal is to help those others in need and save lives and you will get there. How can you believe in that for others yet do not hold your own life with the same regard? Be honest to yourself, and if this is what you really believe in you will get there. This is only a test and will fade, and you just need a bit of honest support from someone you can talk to.

OP!

LOOK AT THE BIG PICTUREEEE

you are not handicap, mentally challanged, you want to go to MEDICAL SCHOOL!!! its an accomplishment to even apply. you are smart and amazing, take a break, and try again if need be!!

good luck!!!!!! remember: big picture

I sent you a PM- please don't do anything rash. Sit down and think about what you are trying to accomplish- you are trying to get into medical school, something most people could not even dream of.

You are constantly surrounded by the top 5% of society in terms of intelligence- it is easy to feel like a reject as it is human nature to compare yourself to your surroundings (much like a millionaire feels poor in the company of billionaires). Take a step back and fight it out.

Get outside help, find someone to talk to if you are truly in this state, OK?

Moo

I am wondering if anyone has had thoughts of suicide after unsuccessful application cycles, and if so, how they've dealt with it. I know there are few things more trite than the sniveling pre-med whose dreams of grandeur don't pan out, but I just got turned down and am finding the thought of eternal sleep much more palatable than another year of jumping through the hoops trying to make myself look like a "stellar medical school applicant."

How many years have you been out and how many attempts have you made at this?

This thread has been reported by several members due to the statement by the OP about self-harm. SDN takes such statements seriously and we would like to remind the OP and all posters that SDN should not serve as a place to obtain counseling or other advice regarding significant psychological issues. Anyone who is contemplating harming themselves should immediately seek professional counseling advice, not rely on SDN or other non-professional resources.

Members who have serious concerns about their career and would like to post details more anonymously may do so in the Confidential Consult forum.

At this time, given the nature of the thread and the concerns expressed, the moderation staff of SDN will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.