Relaxing and Blowing Off Steam: Tips and Advice Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bopcheese

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm new to sdn, but have been a long-time lurker. I'm a sophomore currently attending Penn State University completing my undergrad and am over my head with all these rigorous science credits this semester. For anyone else in the same boat for that long journey into dental school, I thought it would be nice if we could all share tips and advice of how we relax and what you guys do on breaks while studying for an exam or do in your free-time to take some of the stress off your shoulders. School is really important, but I think that everyone should take a breather every once in a while.

Personally, some stress-relievers I really like are:
  • Cooking and baking
  • Video games (WoW, League, and occasionally Minecraft)
  • Doodling
  • Sculpting
  • Jogging
Anything that involves improving manual dexterity is a plus :D
Please feel free to share some ideas of your own!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I love sculpting too...sculpting this temple I call a body.

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Netflix, World of Warcraft, reading Tolkien, drinking hot tea, hiding under blankets, etc.

Reactions: 3 users
Gym, running, massages, fish oil, green smoothies, vitamin D!

Reactions: 1 users
Hang out with my friends Capt. Morgan, Jim Bean, and Jack Daniels.

Reactions: 6 users
I've recently started knitting. I wouldn't say it's stress relieving just yet, but it's time consuming and makes me not able to stress or boredom eat. I also watch YouTube videos, watch movies, draw, listening to music, sing, play video games, read, and sleep.

Reactions: 1 users
Gym, running, massages, fish oil, green smoothies, vitamin D!
How often do you fish oil? I am thinking of taking up fish oiling too...not sure if I have the time.

Reactions: 1 user
releasing my hormones, if you know what I mean;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Working out and streaming video games.

Nothing like stomping noobs with people watching to release some stress.

haha, i did too when i was playing the new WoW expansion a few months ago. it always gets old so fast now though :/

True if you're a raider. I never raid- just random battlegrounds with friends. Do you like PvP?

Netflix aficionado over here. I also recently got a PS4 and a brand new work out regimine to get in shape for the 2015 AADSAS cycle lol.

derbear- are you really going to sydney for dental school?

Vinyassa flow yoga! Best stress reliever on the planet

Playing bass, drinking Glenfiddich 15 yr, researching start-up demographics in my home state, reading Dental Economics, reddit, not studying, fiancee time.

I see a lot of "working out" on here. Ya'll making me feel lazier than I already consider myself.

Currently partaking in Nerd Trivia Night at a local Mexican restaurant... practicing my fine motor skills with rad chip dips

1. Lifting
  2. Cooking
  3. Hip hop
  4. Drank.