Release 2nd attempt Comlex PE/CS or not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmang1

Reaction score
So I failed first time around my PE and haven't released it yet but got a decent amount of interviews and only a few asked about it, I'm worried releasing it will cause programs not to rank me or rank me lower due to the fail first time. I'm just wondering what the consensus is, as I remember reading somewhere on SDN that someone matched well without releasing (couldn't find it).
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I failed first time around my PE and haven't released it yet but got a decent amount of interviews and only a few asked about it, I'm worried releasing it will cause programs not to rank me or rank me lower due to the fail first time. I'm just wondering what the consensus is, as I remember reading somewhere on SDN that someone matched well without releasing (couldn't find it).
Thanks!

Pretty much all my programs specified that we’d need to have passed all steps by early Feb to be included on the rank list. Obviously I don’t know the programs you interviewed at, but I’d think you might similarly run into trouble matching if you don’t have a CS pass on your file.

If you don't release, some programs might not rank you without an updated transcript showing a pass PE. Other programs won't care, and will rank you anyway.

If you do release, some programs might not rank you because of the initial fail. Other programs won't care, will rank you anyway.

No way to tell how many programs fall into each option.

Personally my general impression is that most programs will care more that you have a pass than the fact that you failed once upon a time--initial fail is unfortunate, but at least they know you can start on July 1. Impossible to know how your programs will see it.