Relief work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been doing some relief work on the side and I have to say, it’s crazy how cushy some of these jobs are. I know I am not seeing the full workload of the person I am filling in for but man some of these shifts are so cushy it makes me wonder how the pharmacy stays open.

Today I am at a compounding pharmacy that has four pharmacists and about 8-12 techs. There is almost nothing for me to check. My last assignment was at a place that was me and one tech and we did like 30 scripts that day. So easy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So I have been doing some relief work on the side and I have to say, it’s crazy how cushy some of these jobs are. I know I am not seeing the full workload of the person I am filling in for but man some of these shifts are so cushy it makes me wonder how the pharmacy stays open.

Today I am at a compounding pharmacy that has four pharmacists and about 8-12 techs. There is almost nothing for me to check. My last assignment was at a place that was me and one tech and we did like 30 scripts that day. So easy.
those places probably have decent technicians or support staff. I would say it is

30 scripts in an 8 hour shift with 1 technician? How many were refills?

That sounds……. delightful….

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did relief work at a new pharmacy last summer and did 2 scripts ALL DAY! It was an indy and ended up only charging for drive time and expenses cause I felt bad.

• Wow
We played Uno and Heads Up.

Sounds like the olden days to me.. I remember that - In my earlier days of pharmacy we didn’t have phones, tablets, etc - we would play monopoly and sometimes even DnD

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I'm sitting at 48 scripts today (1 tech and I have been here since 8 AM). #blessd

• Haha
Lot of independents look for PRN positions and usually their volume is much lower. Issue is you probably will be filling lot more shady scripts that you wouldn’t touch at your regular pharmacy.. If you can get past that, it can be cushy side gig.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Where do I sign up?

Reactions: 1 user
Lot of independents look for PRN positions and usually their volume is much lower. Issue is you probably will be filling lot more shady scripts that you wouldn’t touch at your regular pharmacy.. If you can get past that, it can be cushy side gig.
That's what I'm wondering too. How do you survive doing 40 50 scripts a day unless they're those "profitable" scripts. We do 150 a day and barely get by. And that's with me already working like a tech entering all the scripts myself.

That's what I'm wondering too. How do you survive doing 40 50 scripts a day unless they're those "profitable" scripts. We do 150 a day and barely get by. And that's with me already working like a tech entering all the scripts myself.

Someone I know went to help out couple of shifts when owner went on a vacation. S/he filled only 10 or show prescriptions which included Oxy 30, OxyContin 80, methadone, and hydromorphone. Granted it was a new pharmacy and they had a pain clinic in the same building, s/he said they would never touch these scripts at their regular pharmacy.

I remember my best shift ever. I worked for a saffing agency. I filled in at a brand new sams club. I filled 4 scripts in 6 hours. And I had a tech. I literally sat in the back and watched football. Damn I miss those days

Reactions: 1 users