Reservations about Kingsville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JimmyDean

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that they accept the lowest of the low and bottom of the barrel students. Basically, whoever didn't get into the other 5 pharmacy schools in Texas. Should that be a concern for me to attend there? I would like to know anyone's experience. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard that they accept the lowest of the low and bottom of the barrel students. Basically, whoever didn't get into the other 5 pharmacy schools in Texas. Should that be a concern for me to attend there? I would like to know anyone's experience. Thanks.

I would have reservations about a school around 5 other pharmacy programs in general.

No offense but a hierarchy will eventually form and good luck getting noticed or any good rotations/jobs/residencies. I think you might want to look out of state at this point.

Just my .02

I would have reservations about a school around 5 other pharmacy programs in general.

No offense but a hierarchy will eventually form and good luck getting noticed or any good rotations/jobs/residencies. I think you might want to look out of state at this point.

Just my .02

So the best thing would be to get into a reputed school like UT Austin?

Members don't see this ad :)

It doesn't matter too much as of right now, but if you want to work in a major city in Texas, then you may be out of luck in a few years. If you want to work in Victoria, Corpus, or maybe even down by the border, then it shouldn't be a problem.

So the best thing would be to get into a reputed school like UT Austin?

I'm saying that you should ask around with the people who hire in that area. If there are 6 schools they typically have preferences.

My overall suggestion though would be to go out of state. if that isn't a choice then find out what school is preferable as a general consensus. I normally don't recommend that but 6 schools is CRAZY! There are bound to be preferences and all kinds of ways to weed out applications. Call around hospitals and DMs at chains to find out what it is.

Great tasting breakfast! Get Em while it's hot!

99373939.jpg

I've heard that kingsville accepts students after 2 years of community college. Is this a common practice among pharmacy schools? Because it is mind-boggling how they could beat out someone with a 4-year degree from an actual university. I actually confirmed that kingsville did this though.

I've heard that kingsville accepts students after 2 years of community college. Is this a common practice among pharmacy schools? Because it is mind-boggling how they could beat out someone with a 4-year degree from an actual university. I actually confirmed that kingsville did this though.

Some places only rank pre-reqs and 2 years fills pre-reqs. Some schools place higher value on the degree. But there are other things like the pcat, ECs, etc. as well.

Just go to the one you think is the best school, but gather your information first.

I'm disappointed that the trolls of late lack creativity. I would be such a better troll and much more entertaining.

C'mon. Step it up!

:thumbup:

So I'm assuming you guys think it is fair for someone to get accepted 2 years out of community college?

Jimmy Dean is damn good sausage!

I wouldn't know. I don't eat sausage. And I don't eat much pork... except now that I can't find McRib, I kinda crave that deep fried mystery meat.

Members don't see this ad :)
They take all the rejects from the other places!