Navy Reserve Commissioning Post Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agentcross

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am prior FMF Corpsman. I got out because of a back injury. I always wanted to be a MO for Marines. Is it pretty easy to commission this late? What can I expect in the Reserves as an officer? How much control over my career do I have? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i finished my obligation. i am about to apply. i know its waaaaayyyy too early to be concerned about this. i obviously miss being in the military and i have that itch

Members don't see this ad :)
Well assuming you have no barriers to entry from the service in general, your question is really the basic one of “should I become a military physician or not?”

There have been many threads addressing this topic. Please search them out and let us know what specific questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Well assuming you have no barriers to entry from the service in general, your question is really the basic one of “should I become a military physician or not?”

There have been many threads addressing this topic. Please search them out and let us know what specific questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do you have any knowledge/links to topics/pubs by any chance regarding re-entering service with a VA rating as a physician (prior enlisted). I'm halfway through M3, and know a few others, all of us who have been a little curious as to the process or if that even matters (rather is it the specific ailments that matter?). Anything/any links on the topic if you have them would be appreciated!