Reserving a Seat at a School....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i found this really unusual, but for tulane, i didn't have to put down a deposit to reserve a seat in the class. instead, i only had to write a letter saying that i would reserve a spot. then once my final decision is made to go to tulane, i would send a $500 check.

isn't this unusual? bc at most schools, don't they require you send in some kind of money deposit to reserve a seat?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No money has to be paid to ANY school until the May 15th date. That's how people hold multiple acceptances and by May 15th they have to make a decision and pay their deposit to that school.

theunderdog said:
i found this really unusual, but for tulane, i didn't have to put down a deposit to reserve a seat in the class. instead, i only had to write a letter saying that i would reserve a spot. then once my final decision is made to go to tulane, i would send a $500 check.

isn't this unusual? bc at most schools, don't they require you send in some kind of money deposit to reserve a seat?

thanks!

Some schools wanted money from me within 2 weeks, some not until May 15th (but wanted a letter of confirmation from me), and one school (not Tulane) didn't want money until tuition.

Members don't see this ad :)
McMD said:
No money has to be paid to ANY school until the May 15th date. That's how people hold multiple acceptances and by May 15th they have to make a decision and pay their deposit to that school.

so if i didn't pay $500 and just wrote a letter, that is fine?

thanks for your reply, by the way.

McMD said:

My schools that required deposits required them with my response within two weeks of acceptance, BUT they were refundable until May 15.

jbrice1639 said:
My schools that required deposits required them with my response within two weeks of acceptance, BUT they were refundable until May 15.

U of Wisconsin just wanted an email or letter to hold a spot, no money yet.

McMD said:
No money has to be paid to ANY school until the May 15th date. That's how people hold multiple acceptances...
This is not true. Some schools do require an immediate payment and some don't. If they do, they're refundable until May 15th.