Residency in Germany , need to clear something out.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi guys am from ethiopea .i have done my medical degree there 2 years back.now am in germany for few month .how can i apply for residency and what do i need for that?
like is there an internship programm i need to do, if so how do i get that? and do I've to pay for that?
and also my residence permit ends on Feb. can i extend that based on my application for residency?
please i need to act fast so any info would be so helpful.

You will need two things I think and work from there:

1. Your residency status for remaining in Germany. I read that this will be loosened up a little for skilled non-EU professionals to aid recruitment.
2. Licensing - this comes from the state. So, contact the medical board for whatever state you are looking to apply to.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, Im a German citizen and currently studying MBBS (5years + 1 year Internship in any hospital in the universe) in UAE. Next year Im planning to go back to Germany and do my internship there as well as my residency.

The university-hospital here is also affiliated with Universitaetsklinikum Eppendorf in Hamburg.

It would be so helpful if someone could tell me the procedure of applying and all, as all the posts here are about non-EU. My situation is a bit different and i will need help from a german medical student!

Will i need to write any staats proefungen? or exams to enter the residency program?

Thank you all in advance.

hi there everyone, i m an indian n just finished my final year of M.D. General medicine in romania. i am awaiting for my diploma right now. i wanted to know is it possible for me to apply a residency job in germany with my transcript (mark sheet) and CV now. i hav also learned the german language until B2. If so can anyone give me the procedure and some contact details. i would be thankful if anyone reply to my message soon...

vielen dank....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello
I'm Sofi, student of 6 year from Ukraine, originally from Israel. My question is which hospitals should i apply and in which way after university? I'm planning to finish B2 during my next year of studing.
I will apreciate anyone who has something to share or has same issue:))

Can anyone advice on getting a fellowship in clinical radiology (any stream, including interventional radiology) in germany?

I am living in germany since >1 year. I have already done my MD from India but of course i am being asked to first be fluent in german. I am fine with that, provided i can get started with something like a fellowship.

Any experience / guidance will be highly appreciated.

Hi,
I am a doctor from Iran planning to apply for nephrology or cardiology in Germany. please could anyone tell me about the years of training? are they preceded by a 3 years of internal medicine like US? which hospital has a high rank in these branches? what about the rank of Saarland university hospitals?

Hello ,
I'm med student from Macedonia , i'm third year and our faculty is 6+0.5 years. I'm willing to specialize surgery in Germany , and i have very big interest in cardio-thoracic surgery.
I'm taking german classes , and I know that the language is one of the most important things for your career there.
I want to know something about the residency program there , in my country first you need to take 6 years of general surgery specialization and after that you can apply for cardio (not thoracic) surgery , and it would take you about 12 years to finish you specialization.
And also , because I'm from Europe , and because our University is connected with the University in Munich , and because i'm studying German , is it easier for me to apply there , or it doesn't have mater ?
Thank you :)

I ' m Dr Elhaam from Iran.I studied General Medicine in Iran and ,right now , I ' m resident of Dermatology(3rd year) in Syria.
Because of insecurity in Syria ,I can't stay there .
Can I apply for continuing my courses i Germany?they accept my passed course in syria?I have B2 level of german .
please , help me! I don't have any information about German Universities.
thanx

Hi all, there are two types of residents, one is if you're going to work as Gastarzt, that means guest doctor, you won't be paid, but with that you won't be doing on call duties and so forth.
For the Gastarzt you need to have B2 level (not the certificate)in the German language.
For the Paid resident you need first to have B2 certificate that means you should be examed in one of the certified language institute like Goethe institute and so forth.
Then you need to look for a position by one of the professors that are recognized by the arztkammer (chamber of physicians). And eventually sign a contract. But that also applies only for the EU residents.
However there is a new law in Berlin and few other states that all foreign residents should do the exams like the USMLE and when you pass you have the right to be paid where ever you apply.

hi frnd ,
i hav finished my mbbs n planned to goto germany for which i hav started learning language here n ready to learn further lvls n side by side work part time under some DOC n but prob is donno how is the german licensing exam,how long ll it take to finish n is it hard to clear the exam...

hi sofi,
i m planning to goto germany for soeciality training in orthopaedics so trying to lern the language but i wanna kno how long it takes to clear german medical licensing exam n is it tough to clear..can u tell me plz if u hav info as m planning to get degree frm germany n then go for fellowship to uk

hi all, i am med student from indonesia and looking forward to do obgyn residency in germany. is there any possibility for foreigners to do residency in that specialty? are there any recommendation or rank that list the hospitals regarding to this specialty? thanks a lot for any help from you all. :):)
hi,i got my degree from russia as a medical doctor,recently and i would like to do residency in germany.i am also looking forward to do german language course in germany.i have sponser as well in germany.what are possibilities for me to get residency in a german hospital.and give me some tips, thank you

However there is a new law in Berlin and few other states that all foreign residents should do the exams like the USMLE and when you pass you have the right to be paid where ever you apply.

Thanx for informative post Mariann, can you provide a link for information above, I mean about exams, what kind of exams are they? oral vs written? Basic sciences of clinical knowledge?

dear all
have a nice day
I am orthopedic resident from Iraq I have till now 5 years experience in orthopedic surgery as a resident and I did research and audit ,can any one help me about orthopedic in Germany which is best hospitals and about competition and salary and work hours during the week and they will make me resident from first year or they will accept my 5 years experience?
regards for all
lauay

hi
i am Amin and i am Iranian GP, with 5 years of experience in ER, i want to know how can i get my favorite residenty field in Germany like radiology or cardiology.
in Iran it`s depends on residency exam score, i like to know either in Germany there is a exam or not?or it`s depends on what?
i am so grateful if any body can help me.

If you do a residency in Germany you will get paid. However the pay isn't great. They have recently decided to increase doctor salaries in Germany with 8% but it's remains a big problem over there at the mo. Also there is a lot of hirarchy...so you should be prepared for a medical culture shock.

Good luck

hey m new hea .i jus done my high school and want to become heart surgeon in germany m from pakistan can anyone tell me how long does it takes to becom surgeon in germany and whats the salary?