Resolution 42 Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigBank

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a DO at ACGME, was looking at resolution 42 requirements since my family is from one of the states. I noticed that under the anesthesia pgy-1 requirements they require at least 3 months of anesthesia and 1 month of OB. I don't think any ACGME program has 3 months of anesthesia PGY-1 so im not sure how they expect people to meet this requirement.
I am more concerned about the OB requirement, my program does not have an OB rotation, will this stop me from getting approved? Does anyone have similar experiences they can share? Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I knew what the hell you were talking about.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Unless they changed something in the last 4yrs which is possible, I was in same situation as you, no ob and one month of anesthesia intern year, submitted everything and was approved, seemed like they had a low threshold to send it through. Good luck.

I applied under Resolution 42 two years ago and had numerous deficits from my ACGME intern year. I wrote the board explaining that I had done 3+ months of OB-related patient care and 2+ months of clinic medicine in Preop. Clinic throughout residency. They accepted these as covering my primary care requirements. I found a DO conference and attended, fulfilling the last remaining requirement that they gave me for AOA approval of my ACGME year. I couldn't have practiced in Michigan without doing this--->painful.

Yes, I had forgotten I did have to attend a osteopathic conference/cme as I wanted to practice in OK.