Resources for High School Students?

bigfatwookie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going into my senior year of high school. Are there any resources on SDN specifically designed for high school students about premed/med school courses, entering the medical field in general, the MCAT, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going into my senior year of high school. Are there any resources on SDN specifically designed for high school students about premed/med school courses, entering the medical field in general, the MCAT, etc.?
SDN has a forum dedicated to the concerns and interests of High School students here: hSDN

Members don't see this ad :)
If you didn't start studying for the MCAT after you took your SAT you're already a goner.

36 on ACT is a must.

For pre-medical courses, did you mean like which ones you would want to take to meet prerequisites and prepare for the MCAT? If so, your university will usually have a guide as well.

If you didn't start studying for the MCAT after you took your SAT you're already a goner.
I'm still studying for the SAT Subject Tests coming up in August (Biology M and US History) so should I be mentally/physically preparing for the MCAT after? Since the test has a huge role in dictating admission into med school (I know undergrad GPA & EC's are big too), I feel like I should be at least mentally preparing myself.

For pre-medical courses, did you mean like which ones you would want to take to meet prerequisites and prepare for the MCAT? If so, your university will usually have a guide as well.
Yes, that's what I meant. If the universities have guides, I'll be looking at those. Thanks for your response!

I'm still studying for the SAT Subject Tests coming up in August (Biology M and US History) so should I be mentally/physically preparing for the MCAT after? Since the test has a huge role in dictating admission into med school (I know undergrad GPA & EC's are big too), I feel like I should be at least mentally preparing myself.
I was joking, the most important thing for you to do right now is focus on doing well in the prereqs in college (Chem, Orgo, Biochem, Bio, Physics, Calc) before you even think about MCAT studying, which you only need to do a couple months before your test date.