response from dental schools by email about my admission chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rupkaur

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I asked you guys about my chances to get in dental schools this year w/ bad DAT scores and GPA, some of you told me to apply out of state and don't worry about retaking DAT. But when I mailed out of state schools like in Arizona, New York, Nova, Peny; they told me that comittee will decide who are competitive and to be competitive, I should retake DAT bcz of my PAT scores..
PAT-15
RC-17
QR-18
bio-19
Gchem-21
Ochem-22
TS-20
AA-19
and Davis GPA-3.49 and community college one is 3.85; so overall is 3.68;
science is 3.5.
What do u guy suggest what should I do? Should I retake DAT?? How should I study fo PAT???

Members don't see this ad.

You are not competent since you are comparing yourself to
ultra competitive applicants on this site.

I think you are find... not good enough to get into cali schools.
you know the stat for cali.... 15 in pat would not get you far:oops:

I would retake only if you are sure you won't go down in any areas. In my opinion, the PAT is without a doubt, the easiest section to improve in. The variable is time. You need to practice, and by practice I mean a lot. I scored a 13 on my first PAT diagnostic and did fine on the real test.

Check out the DAT forums and use the search function. You will find plenty of tips/strats.

Good Luck.

You asked the forum once, then you asked the adcoms, now you are asking us again. I think it's time you just decide for yourself.

Good luck with whatever choice you make. I'm sure whichever way you go you will find a dental school that will accept you.