Retake everything or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LSP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and finally decided to create an account to post my first question. Anyways I would really appreciate some advice from you guys. I am a Political Science major with barely 3.0, however, I do have some science courses completed but the grades weren't so great. So I was wondering if I should retake everything to get all A's or just leave as is? Thank you for your advice guys.

Intro Bio 1- B
Advance Cellular Physiology- C
allied health Chem 10- C
Intro to Organic/Inorganic chem 20- C
Human Anatomy- C
Human Physiology-B
Intermediate Algebra-B
Statistic- C
Pre calculus- C

Members don't see this ad.

IDK, you will get differing opinions on this. For me, I would re-do the following-- Gen Bio, take that and get an A. Re-take Advanced Cellular Phys, if you have time, Take Gen Chem I and II and get A's. Take O Chem I and II and do what you can to get A's, or at worst B's. Re-take Human Anatomy--b/c this is not hard to get an A in; It's just a lot of memorization, etc. Human Phys, well, I mean you got a B in it. You probably like learning more about how things work, so if you have time, you should try to take it for an A. At this point, I'd say re-take and get A's in Stats and Pre-cal. So what is that up to now? You have to take the main pre-req's G. Bio I/II, G. Chem I/II, O Chem I/II, Physics I/II and that's 32 credits. Then you need to add on Biochem,& Stats. You prob have the social sciences already. Precalc and calc may help with physics, but some folks just say take Alg with Trig. I have heard it both ways. So, then that's potentially another 20 credits. ~52 in all--depending. Do what you can to move the cGPA to >3.0 and ^sGPA. Even if you are thinking DO, getting over a 3.0 will still be helpful. Many people are applying to DO. When app pools increase, so often do the selection standards and chances for acceptance.

Any Cs retake for sure. The Bs only retake if you have time and money to do so... it won't hurt to retake them, but it would help more to leave them in place and get As in higher level bio classes instead.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would retake Anatomy and Cellular Phys. I think as long as you get an A in Organic I and II and Chem I and II you don't need to retake Intro to Orgo/Inorgo. Same with pre-calculus. Just make sure you get an A in calculus. Also, after your required courses, Genetics and biochemistry always look good too if you can fit it in (and help with MCAT)...if I remember correctly schools don't require it.

Thank you for advice guys

I suggested the re-take on the pre-calc b/c today many physics courses are alg/trig based. Pre-calc is different from calc. My school suggests that students have both alg/w trig and calculus. Also, stats is a part of actual practice for healthcare professionals and physicians, b/c so much is evidence/researched-based in practice. Something to think about.

Just retake the Cs, and ace them.

then take some more Bio courses and ace them as well. Bs won't be good enough.

Hello guys, I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and finally decided to create an account to post my first question. Anyways I would really appreciate some advice from you guys. I am a Political Science major with barely 3.0, however, I do have some science courses completed but the grades weren't so great. So I was wondering if I should retake everything to get all A's or just leave as is? Thank you for your advice guys.

Intro Bio 1- B
Advance Cellular Physiology- C
allied health Chem 10- C
Intro to Organic/Inorganic chem 20- C
Human Anatomy- C
Human Physiology-B
Intermediate Algebra-B
Statistic- C
Pre calculus- C

@ji lin Thanks I will retake that stats class and ace the class, along with other math courses!

@Goro Thank you for the advice. So by taking higher bio courses it will replace my B grade in biol 1?