Retakers only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaskiran

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody who is retaking his or her exam can post queires in this thread.I am retaking my exam in February.So guys lets discuss our queiries here.This is our final attempt so come lets motivate each other to do great in Part1.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

guys plaz help me i took my exam 2 times but still could not score above 85 my 1st time result was 82 2nd attept 85 i gave my exam in nov but still tensed plz guide me how should i study??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi hope2dds what r u doing different this time???
well i am trying to work out on my mistakes which i did last time and will try not to repeat again..the biggest mistake which i did was, i wasnt crystal clear in my concepts, it wasnt that i didnt know which topic the question was from but i was confused b/w two choices and i dont want this confusion this time.. and so far what i have figured out is that nbde is all about basic concepts.. so hope for the best this time.. and all the very best :)

guys plaz help me i took my exam 2 times but still could not score above 85 my 1st time result was 82 2nd attept 85 i gave my exam in nov but still tensed plz guide me how should i study??
Though everyone has one's own way to study but still my suggestion to you is just try to figure out where you went wrong, on which subject you got confused , try to analyse your mistakes and then if you need to alter your study strategy, the way just go for it..and one thing more i would like to suggest is dont panic or get tensed just be relaxed, take god's name and start with your preparation...hard work always pays.. :)

well i am trying to work out on my mistakes which i did last time and will try not to repeat again..the biggest mistake which i did was, i wasnt crystal clear in my concepts, it wasnt that i didnt know which topic the question was from but i was confused b/w two choices and i dont want this confusion this time.. and so far what i have figured out is that nbde is all about basic concepts.. so hope for the best this time.. and all the very best :)

Same thing happened with me.In my exam there was not a single question from topic which i have not done but i was confused in everything.I think either i was not clear with my concepts or didnt revised those topics nicely.....so this time i will give more stress on revising rather than doing new topics and studying different books.....and i totally agree with u on this that we should clear all our basics first ....So all the best to all retakers and this time we have to ace the exam.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi, What was your guys' raw score and comp score??

Thanks

I do not know what else to do? I know this forum is for motivation, but please let me vent, after study 2 months straight 5 hours a day my scored was 89, I feel ashamed not just for my poor results but also I'm a disgrace to my family and friends all of them score 92 or plus on the first atempt . I will take this test again in January hopefully to get 94 or more

I do not know what else to do? I know this forum is for motivation, but please let me vent, after study 2 months straight 5 hours a day my scored was 89, I feel ashamed not just for my poor results but also I'm a disgrace to my family and friends all of them score 92 or plus on the first atempt . I will take this test again in January hopefully to get 94 or more

while i can understand your feelings, i fail to understand why you are writing such critical remarks such as a person with 89 don't stand a chance to get admitted (not in this thread).Have you applied and got rejected??No offense but if that is the case you may need to look into other aspects of your application.For your information i would like to mention the incoming statistics of two very good schools this year...USC and TUFTS plz check these links and see what are their class average for this year..
http://dentistry.usc.edu/doctoral.aspx?id=928&linkidentifier=id&itemid=928&menu_id=232

http://dental.tufts.edu/1186496760246/TUSDM-Page-dental2w_1186496760293.html

I have read on SDN this year a person getting with 82..I have also read that a person was denied with 92/93...so it all depends on other aspects of your application too..not only your board score..

while i can understand your feelings, i fail to understand why you are writing such critical remarks such as a person with 89 don't stand a chance to get admitted (not in this thread).Have you applied and got rejected??No offense but if that is the case you may need to look into other aspects of your application.For your information i would like to mention the incoming statistics of two very good schools this year...USC and TUFTS plz check these links and see what are their class average for this year..
http://dentistry.usc.edu/doctoral.aspx?id=928&linkidentifier=id&itemid=928&menu_id=232

http://dental.tufts.edu/1186496760246/TUSDM-Page-dental2w_1186496760293.html

I have read on SDN this year a person getting with 82..I have also read that a person was denied with 92/93...so it all depends on other aspects of your application too..not only your board score..

:thumbup::thumbup:

I did not apply, specially with that score, if I apply and get rejected I couldn't take it, the honor of my family will be destroyed and humiliated, 92 or more is the only way for me my GPA is 3.9, I was graduated with high honors and uma cum laude in my class when I obtained my BDS. I think this aspects of my application will help me to get accepted, the problem is I talked and seen friends with scores 89 or less get rejected this days, I don't know if 6 months ago things were different. I'm retaking this test and hopefully get a decent score.

I did not apply, specially with that score, if I apply and get rejected I couldn't take it, the honor of my family will be destroyed and humiliated, 92 or more is the only way for me my GPA is 3.9, I was graduated with high honors and uma cum laude in my class when I obtained my BDS. I think this aspects of my application will help me to get accepted, the problem is I talked and seen friends with scores 89 or less get rejected this days, I don't know if 6 months ago things were different. I'm retaking this test and hopefully get a decent score.

dude..if u r so stuck up...den be...but don discourage othrs...89 is an excellent score...n i dunno who u hav spoken to or frm wer u get such a mentality...but ppl wit 83 have got thru dds programs...3 frnds of mine have got thru...u wanna retake...go take it but don discourage othrs with half knowledge abt the admission procedre...

n if u go thru d NYU admission thread ul c a person dis yr has got interview call wit a score of 83..gpa 3.92..anothr person got a call with a score of 85....

Members don't see this ad :)
look dear, this thread is for motivation not demotivation and yeah recently(just few days ago) my friend got into UOP with score of 88..so what are you talking about even without applying.. and there z no harm in retaking, just go ahead and retake, what the point of confuion or disgrace in this to you..go ahead and retake.. but please dont discourage others.. all the best to you.:thumbup:

Same thing happened with me.In my exam there was not a single question from topic which i have not done but i was confused in everything.I think either i was not clear with my concepts or didnt revised those topics nicely.....so this time i will give more stress on revising rather than doing new topics and studying different books.....and i totally agree with u on this that we should clear all our basics first ....So all the best to all retakers and this time we have to ace the exam.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
so how z your preparation going on ?? guys keep this thread alive.. its for motivating each other and discussing our queries..!!! :)

hi retakers, I just want to know if I can do the exam again in 2010.
I registered my 2nd attemp for part I in Sep 2009. Can I do that again in 2010?

what did your gus get info for reexam in 2010? I just fond on ADA FAQ file: "Beginning January 2010, a candidate who has received a passing score may not retest unless he or she provides evidence that he or she must retest for purposes of licensure." :(:confused: pleae help me...

My shoes are too tight !!!lol what did you study on in 5 hours a day and 2 month ?
apply for both do the test and apply for the retaking this is my messenger Id any one want to study with me i'm here ;) [email protected]

all the best

Hey not to be mean but 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU'??? 89 is an AWESOME score man...dont waste your time retaking it...I personally know people getting in with scores of 86 and 87 into prestigious universities ( I was somewhere around there also =) ). If you REALLY want to keep yourself busy then take part II....seriously, dont take part I again

Hey not to be mean but 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU'??? 89 is an AWESOME score man...dont waste your time retaking it...I personally know people getting in with scores of 86 and 87 into prestigious universities ( I was somewhere around there also =) ). If you REALLY want to keep yourself busy then take part II....seriously, dont take part I again

I totally agree with u toothfairy...I dont know how somebody can disgrace his family by getting 89....in long run all these things r not going to matter.If u want to keep urself busy take part 2 and get 94 in that.....PART 2 is considered most prestigious exam.....so by giving that test u can bring prestige to ur family. Dont waist other people time go and prepare for part 2.This thread is for motivation ....dont discourage other people.

Please answer this question with explanation....
Which of the following structures passes through rather than posterior to diaphragm
1.aorta
2.esophagus
3.azygous vein
4.thoracic duct

so how z your preparation going on ?? guys keep this thread alive.. its for motivating each other and discussing our queries..!!! :)

I am doing biochemistry nowadays....what r u studying.....All the best for ur prep....keep going....:thumbup:

Which of the following structures passes through rather than posterior to diaphragm
1.aorta
2.esophagus
3.azygous vein
4.thoracic duct

Ans is definitely Esophagus.
As it's passing through muscular portion of diaphragm at T 10 while aorta, azygus vein and thoracic duct passing at T 12 behind diaphragm rather than through it.

1.aorta
2.esophagus
3.azygous vein
4.thoracic duct
yeah esophagus is the right answer..rest all passs posterior to it..

I am doing biochemistry nowadays....what r u studying.....All the best for ur prep....keep going....:thumbup:
Hi
Was doing asda papers but felt like doing micro/patho theory again so going through micro/patho kaplan reviews, will be done by them by tomorrow and will finish asda papers by this weekend..!!!
How many hours do you study everyday..?? at times it gets really tough for me to keep patience and concentration and i end up wasting time , is it me only or happens with you guys too ??
All the best and keep going and keep motivating...!! :thumbup:

Hi
Was doing asda papers but felt like doing micro/patho theory again so going through micro/patho kaplan reviews, will be done by them by tomorrow and will finish asda papers by this weekend..!!!
How many hours do you study everyday..?? at times it gets really tough for me to keep patience and concentration and i end up wasting time , is it me only or happens with you guys too ??

Everyday i think that i will give 8 hours but always end upto 5-6 hours.It is not u who is going through this even i am sailing in the same boat.To keep patience and concentration while studying is really tough.But nevermind we will motivate eachother everyday.How much u r scoring on ASDA papers??
This Dna and Rna really took lot of time.Tomorrow i am going to do proteins.

All the best and keep going .....we can do it:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Glucose is made up of
1.2 ketose
2.1ketose+1aldose
3.1aldose

please help me with the structure of glucose.I know it is a stereoisomers of the aldohexose sugars

absorption of calcium from small intestine is increased by
1.ingestion of fat
2.high phosphate intake
3.administration of vitamin A
4.lowering the pH in in the intestine
5.administration of parathyroid hormone

answer is given lowering of pH in the intestine but why not administration of parathyroid hormone

Everyday i think that i will give 8 hours but always end upto 5-6 hours.It is not u who is going through this even i am sailing in the same boat.To keep patience and concentration while studying is really tough.But nevermind we will motivate eachother everyday.How much u r scoring on ASDA papers??
This Dna and Rna really took lot of time.Tomorrow i am going to do proteins.

All the best and keep going .....we can do it:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hey jarkiran,,,how u doin!
do u have any lecture notes or anything u can forward me pls about MOLECULAR BIOLOGY ??? pls lookin to hear from u..

Hi
Hi,
I m new member and i m going to take my exam in march.Actually I think
its my first n last time I m little scared. I don't want do any mistakes.u guys are giving second time n who will tell better than u all.plz tell what i suppose to do on the day of exam.what all mistakes I shouldn,t do.Plz plz....reply

absorption of calcium from small intestine is increased by
1.ingestion of fat
2.high phosphate intake
3.administration of vitamin A
4.lowering the pH in in the intestine
5.administration of parathyroid hormone

answer is given lowering of pH in the intestine but why not administration of parathyroid hormone
Its because calcium is absorbed in its ionic form more readily in the intestine (upper part where it stays for short time) so lowering pH increases its absorption at a greater pace than hormonally.. altough it does get increased by parathyroid also but more readily by lowering of pH..
Please do correct me if i am wrong..!! :)

Hi,
I m new member and i m going to take my exam in march.Actually I think
its my first n last time I m little scared. I don't want do any mistakes.u guys are giving second time n who will tell better than u all.plz tell what i suppose to do on the day of exam.what all mistakes I shouldn,t do.Plz plz....reply
Hi
According to me on exam just keep yourself relaxed and dont get excited or panic. Just stay calm read the question carefuly and try to think about the most probable answer without looking at the choices because i used to get confused b/w two choices as i didnt try for the correct answer in my mind before looking at the choices.. for now just revise and keep studying.. hardwork always pays and God is there to reward us according to our hardwork..!!
So keep studying and all the best :)

Hi
According to me on exam just keep yourself relaxed and dont get excited or panic. Just stay calm read the question carefuly and try to think about the most probable answer without looking at the choices because i used to get confused b/w two choices as i didnt try for the correct answer in my mind before looking at the choices.. for now just revise and keep studying.. hardwork always pays and God is there to reward us according to our hardwork..!!
So keep studying and all the best :)
hi,
thank you very much.I will follow that .

Hi,
can anyone tell me about exam master.will it help,or not?
Iknow one of my freind who got low score in her first exam even below 75
but she got a study partner and they both discuss on phone every day
ask questions from each other and clear all the basics.and after just 2 months one got 87 and other 89.
so,I m also looking for some serious partner if any one interested prefer if female.plz reply me my email is [email protected]

Its because calcium is absorbed in its ionic form more readily in the intestine (upper part where it stays for short time) so lowering pH increases its absorption at a greater pace than hormonally.. altough it does get increased by parathyroid also but more readily by lowering of pH..

Thanks for ur explanation...please can u send me the link for that.

hey jarkiran,,,how u doin!
do u have any lecture notes or anything u can forward me pls about MOLECULAR BIOLOGY ??? pls lookin to hear from u..[/QUO

I am doing molecular biology from Lippencort and Usmle kaplan review book.

oh ok ,,is it usmle 2006 kaplan review???
is yes i have this ,,but felt its not enough !!
any way shukriat jaskiran..
do any one of u guys have anything for molecular biology or anythin for occlusion notes can pls forward...
thanks..

Hello,

Here I would like to clear some doubt.
Calcium needs acidic environment for its absorption and decrease in PH indicates acidity rises. So best choice is that.
While PTH won't directly promote calcium absorption form intestine, rather it will promote vitamin D to do absorption form intestine. PTH mainly shows its action on kidney and bone and indirectly on intestine.
For reference check it out in kaplan book.

Hello,

Here I would like to clear some doubt.
Calcium needs acidic environment for its absorption and decrease in PH indicates acidity rises. So best choice is that.
While PTH won't directly promote calcium absorption form intestine, rather it will promote vitamin D to do absorption form intestine. PTH mainly shows its action on kidney and bone and indirectly on intestine.
For reference check it out in kaplan book.

This explanation sounds good.This cleared my doubt!!!

hello,
I have one question.
Aldosterone functions primarily at which segment of the nephron?
1.PCT
2.dct
3.collecting duct
4.ascending loop of henle

ans.is collecting duct but why not distal convoluted tubule

Can anyone answer
Both HDL and LDL generally transport lipids to liver .Lipoprotein contain various portions of cholesterol, triglyceride,bile salts and phospholipids
1.both the statement is true
2.first is true second is false
3.first is false second is false
4.both is false.

ans. given 2. but I think it will b 4 bcoz ldl transport lipid from liver to tissues and therefore cause atherosclerosis.

hello,
I have one question.
Aldosterone functions primarily at which segment of the nephron?
1.PCT
2.dct
3.collecting duct
4.ascending loop of henle

ans.is collecting duct but why not distal convoluted tubule

i thought the same ill go with dct !!!
why collecting duct ??? i dont know,,can some one clear this!

Can anyone answer
Both HDL and LDL generally transport lipids to liver .Lipoprotein contain various portions of cholesterol, triglyceride,bile salts and phospholipids
1.both the statement is true
2.first is true second is false
3.first is false second is false
4.both is false.

ans. given 2. but I think it will b 4 bcoz ldl transport lipid from liver to tissues and therefore cause atherosclerosis.

both r false.

both r false.

Hello,

What is d difference between option 3 and 4.
Ans must be first false and second correct if it's given.
Bcoz HDL carry towards liver and LDL away from liver.
And lipoprotein carry cholesterol, triglycerides, and fats in blood. It acts as a medium for carrying of lipid in blood.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Hello,

What is d difference between option 3 and 4.
Ans must be first false and second correct if it's given.
Bcoz HDL carry towards liver and LDL away from liver.
And lipoprotein carry cholesterol, triglycerides, and fats in blood. It acts as a medium for carrying of lipid in blood.

Correct me if I am wrong.
ya I m sorry i typed wrong, third option is same what u have chosen as a correct answer. but again I think answer must b 4.both r false bcoz lipoprotein carry all the above but doesnot contain bile salt.

ya I m sorry i typed wrong, third option is same what u have chosen as a correct answer. but again I think answer must b 4.both r false bcoz lipoprotein carry all the above but doesnot contain bile salt.

I didn't recognize bile salt is given, obviously it's not carry by lipoproteins.
So I vl go with both r false.

I didn't recognize bile salt is given, obviously it's not carry by lipoproteins.
So I vl go with both r false.
Hi,
thankyou for clearin doubts itoo have one question about renal system which i have posted before lipoprotein question can u clear that.bcoz both DCT and collecting tubule can b the answer why particularly collecting duct

Hi,
thankyou for clearin doubts itoo have one question about renal system which i have posted before lipoprotein question can u clear that.bcoz both DCT and collecting tubule can b the answer why particularly collecting duct

Hi,

Is this que form released paper? And answer is confirmed or from some where else with fixed answer?
Bcoz as far as I know main site of action for Aldosterone is DCT, with removing excess K and active absorption of Na there. Collecting duct is mainly for water absorption and mainly acted by ADH.
If u have que with fixed ans then donnt know, why collecting duct but sure DCT is answer.
Correct me if I am wrong.....

Hi,

Is this que form released paper? And answer is confirmed or from some where else with fixed answer?
Bcoz as far as I know main site of action for Aldosterone is DCT, with removing excess K and active absorption of Na there. Collecting duct is mainly for water absorption and mainly acted by ADH.
If u have que with fixed ans then donnt know, why collecting duct but sure DCT is answer.
Correct me if I am wrong.....
I have this q fron nbde dental aid q.a book.
when I go through the nbde aids basic there
no relation is given b/w DCT and aldosterone .relation of aldosterone and adh is given with collecting duct.I m really confused .Have u seen this question any where else what will b the probable answer