Retaking Classes That No Longer Exist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedRaider2013

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short - Nontrad retaking classes.

I want to retake government 1 and 2. In Texas the common course numbers are Govt 2301 (American Government I and Texas) and 2302 (American Government II and Texas) respectively. However the state of Texas deleted these classes. Now they have Govt 2305 (Federal Government) and Govt 2306 (Texas Government). Why do us Texans have to be so proud and complicate academia?

Would AACOM still replace the grade if I took the new classes? They have to be pretty similar.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Your best bet would be to ask AACOMAS directly. Also, you might get some more answers in the pre-osteo section. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
if they don't offer grade replacement for it, I would take the re-named classes - obviously crush them - and explain the situation in the "is there anything else to add" section of your application.

Don't sweat it though. If you show a strong upward trend with a good mcat showing you have a decent shot.

Long story short - Nontrad retaking classes.

I want to retake government 1 and 2. In Texas the common course numbers are Govt 2301 (American Government I and Texas) and 2302 (American Government II and Texas) respectively. However the state of Texas deleted these classes. Now they have Govt 2305 (Federal Government) and Govt 2306 (Texas Government). Why do us Texans have to be so proud and complicate academia?

Would AACOM still replace the grade if I took the new classes? They have to be pretty similar.

Thanks.

As long as the content is similar, you can use it as a replacement in AACOMAS regardless of the names/course numbers. Just make sure that the number of credits for the retake is greater than our equal to that of the original course. Look at the pre-osteo forum for more info.

Also, if you're from Texas, be sure to use TMDSAS and apply in-state. They don't do grade replacement, but I believe if any courses are 10yrs old or older, they automatically don't count towards your grade.